Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham (A) Mon 23/08/21 @ 8pm Match Thread - Sky Sports

After getting our pants pulled down twice last season by West Ham, who done a 2015/16 Leicester on us.  I would have thought Rodgers would not want to get his arse kicked again by Moyes. Obviously his idea was to continue with the same tactics that lost us the games last year and hope for 3rd time lucky.

Edited by Le Renard

Whatever the wording of the rule says it makes no sense to punish a player for an accident. The purpose of a sanction is to deter but you can’t deter an accident so it serves no purpose.

People who say it’s a red all day long may be right insofar that’s what normally happens but whether it should happen is a different matter.

Really disappointing to see such lack of intensity in our play, so passive, all wanting an extra touch, really really poor and sloppy.

Thomas is playing like a competition winner, take him off. Need to have more in the middle with the 10 men, I’d go for the following :

Schmeichel

Ricardo        Amartey    Soyuncu     Castagne 

Ndidi    
                 Tielemans    Soumare

Maddison

Vardy (Daka after 60)

Just now, dayday said:

He does see the player, I’ve watched it over 

It’s reckless 

he tries to shield the ball from the play, that is all, the push from the west Ham player is what causes him to stumble into the player. It’s clear as day.

WELL THAT WAS A FUCHING DISAPPOINTING FIRST HALF !!

A few of our lads need to buck up their ideas they’ve been poor first half really hoping here Brendan needs to change things around Better second half please Lads  !! 

Edited by justfoxes

8 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Time for Rodgers to do his stuff

We can still win this

Rodgers has had all week to do his stuff and still manages to send a team out to play like that! Yes we’re missing players, but it’s surely his instructions that mean we spend all night passing between the back 3 and attempting to do nothing with it. 

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

To try to shield the ball away from his man? Not “serious foul play”

Shield the ball by planting his studs onto Fornals ankle? 

Don’t get me wrong, it’s effective but I don’t think it’s within the rules.

• Haha 1

We look physically inferior to them tonight, not sure how we change that. It was a red card, can’t really complain.

Hope BR can inspire some magic but I just can’t see them letting up and we are so passive.

Mentally written this game off as a bad day at the office but then again it’s only 0-1. 

• Like 1

Meh.

We are losing every battle out there and then a properly correct, but very accidentally, red card. One of them days. Well at least our makeshift defence will get some proper practice 2nd half.