Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham (A) Mon 23/08/21 @ 8pm Match Thread - Sky Sports

I hate games like this, we don't have a style of play. I don't even know what our style of play is. We aren't a counter attack team, we can't create anything and can barely keep the ball as a possession based team, we don't press, we dont create much down the wing and crossing is poor.

Very annoying.

• Like 2

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

12 months ago it was debatable who was better out of Maddison and Grealish......not even a debate now is it

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m not convinced it was. If any challenge endangered fornals it was the one on Perez! I’m convinced perez didn’t even make a challenge and was not in control of his movement due to the push before hand. No way is it a red in that situation. 

Perez has lost control of the ball and enters a 50/50 challenge with Fornals for the ball. He is absolutely challenging for the ball.

1 minute ago, onekeithweller said:

It's tiring me out.

Fair point.

The obsession with possession based football tires everyone out, boring, laborious and pointless.

We've been out-Leicestered (In our former style) 3 times in a row by West Ham now, we've played in to their hands and allowed them to do so every time.

• Like 1

Sadly, that challenge was a red from Perez (irregardless of intent). :(

I am upset and disappointed about the red, but come on guys, we still have 45 mins of football to play to get a result with 10 men.

We can do this! :fc:

I love Youri but he’s been absolutely wretched.

I’d get him and Maddison off and put Soumare and Dewsbury-Hall on.

Push Barnes up front with Vardy.

2 minutes ago, Fox_in_a_Box said:

Albrighton it is then for the next 3 games 

try Nacho out there, its not like Perez plays as a wide man he plays as a wider number 10, Nacho could do that role against Norwich as a test

I don't think we've been dreadful. We're trying to be patient and cagey, waiting for the space that isn't showing, but it's not worked for the most part. A couple of chances but no more. 

A fair red IMHO BTW. 

Soumare for Maddison half time methinks.

Just now, Webbo said:

I don't think you're giving West Ham enough credit, they're pressing really well. 

They’re so shit on the ball and packing their half ready to come flying out.

Again, shit individuals, amazing unit. Can see them doing well in Europe on that basis. They’re basically Slavia.

Laughable tactics once again, Soyuncu and Amarty could pass to

each other all week, West Ham didn’t have any interest closing it down at 0-0 yet alone 0-1 

Vardy dreadful for the goal, wish Maddison left for Arsenal, Perez poor but he’s been fouled, Barnes looks lost, Youri doesn’t give a toss

Buzzing for the 2nd half 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Webbo said:

I don't think you're giving West Ham enough credit, they're pressing really well. 

They’re a good team. Pains me to say it because everything about them should just scream absolute shit show, from owners to ground to manager to scatter gun signings - yet they’ve clicked really well. Moyes has found another recipe that just works for him and them.