Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham (A) Mon 23/08/21 @ 8pm Match Thread - Sky Sports

Just now, Crashtoasted said:

Mrs wants to watch the love island final now and apparently can’t go upstairs so I’m ****ed. Ah we’ll best of luck lads I’ll be thumbing through the stanner stair lift catalogue…

I’m tempted to watch love island an orl

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

The red card makes no difference, we were already stinking the place out and only ever going to lose playing like that. Literally worse than anything Puel came up with. Some players I'm that starting line-up that don't deserve to be there when you see what we have on the bench too.

of course it makes a difference. We can all see the difference Rodgers can do with a couple of subs and tactical tweaks. Our chance to get back into the game has been severely impacted..

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

That was completely accidental. What is he supposed to do when he was pushed off balance? He was falling and planted his foot to try and save himself, he had no idea his leg was going to be there.

Whats more infuriating is you have captain hindsight on commentary, who i'd wager has never even met Ayoze Perez, declaring that what he did was fully intentional. For an ex professional what a disgraceful thing to say on something that looked absolutely unintentional. Typical British bias that whenever you see an English player make a bad challenge its always "he's not that type of player", the second that it's a lower reputation foriegner the knives are out.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

I hate games like this, we don't have a style of play. I don't even know what our style of play is. We aren't a counter attack team, we can't create anything and can barely keep the ball as a possession based team, we don't press, we dont create much down the wing and crossing is poor.

Very annoying.

This we look like we've never played football together before 

Just now, Iran said:

Sadly, that challenge was a red from Perez (irregardless of intent):(

I am upset and disappointed about the red, but come on guys, we still have 45 mins of football to play to get a result with 10 men.

We can do this! :fc:

@HighPeakFox Look away! Nothing to see here!

Just now, Beliall said:

****ing neville. "oh he has a little look up" **** off did he. yes its a red but dont make it more than it is. 

This. I am not a fan of Perez at all but let’s be clear, he’s been pushed and he’s not even aware of his own feet most games he’s not intended to do that. 

• Like 1

If you play against a counter attacking team and:

- Effectively play 3 at the back, with Ricardo pushed up as a right midfielder 

- With one of those 3 being one of the worst ball playing defenders in the league, and one being a 19 year old left back 

You will lose the game, and comfortably. Unless you change it before it's too late.

The red card may work in our favour as it changes the flow of the game, and it forces us to re-evaluate our approach, which set us up to fail. We will need to sit in and play for a late goal. If we're lucky, Daka or Kelechi could grab us a point and we'll be over the moon with that.

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

I don't think you're giving West Ham enough credit, they're pressing really well. 

True, but we knew that BR knew that and the side wasn't right, we should have played fire with fire and sat back, instead of the worst pong pong of football between 2 players for 35 mins.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Never a red. It looks bad but there’s no intent, Perez is off balance and Fornals puts his leg in as Perez’s standing leg goes down. 

If I'm stumbling and trying to keep myself up, my leg goes directly forward and plants a hell of a lot flatter to the floor - Perez know's enough of his surroundings to know someone's coming too. 

Final point of the matter

Yes he’s out of control but he’s out of control because he’s just been pushed over

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and you wish he’d have just fallen over, but if you’ve played football you know you’re not gonna do that and you’re still gonna go for the ball

It’s harsh, can see why the red is given, just annoying that the red was given because he was fouled initially 

• Like 1

Perez card was unfortunate but you've got to be seriously lucky to get away with that he was only trying to shield the ball and anyone who says different needs to stop listening to the commentary and make your own mind up.
Our tactics are poor pretty much a rerun of last year except they've not been as clinical, few players are having off days as well barnes isn't switched on and youri is off the boil.
Oh the commentary is a actual joke the man aint got a clue what he's talking about needs replays to be even remotely accurate and then it's just cliche media bs,

i mean he berated niddi for going to ground when it was clearly soyuncu how has the man got a job he's either got a tight ring or no gag reflex. 

Edited by LestaFox92

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

And before that? Look, Perez is cack, but he gets way way more stuck than he should

Before that? Vardy also scored twice in the last game of last season but I can't be arsed with getting into this tonight. 

Vardy hasn't been his best over the last 6 months but to put him in the same bracket of Perez level of useless in beyond ridiculous. 

Let's just hope for a point tonight yeah 

• Like 1