Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham (A) Mon 23/08/21 @ 8pm Match Thread - Sky Sports

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Atleast our possession stats are off the charts. That'll please some.

I'm sorry but you can ever play the "Yeah but us keeping the ball tires them out" because i'm sorry playing one-twos between our centre backs isn't tiring no-one out.

This is the easiest half of football West Ham have ever had.

I think Rodgers would think this is a very good first half (because we kept the ball) except for the red card.

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Perez has lost control of the ball and enters a 50/50 challenge with Fornals for the ball. He is absolutely challenging for the ball.

It’s not how I see it. It looks bad in slow motion but in full speed he is clearly off balance has no time to react and doesn’t actually make a challenge at all, he just falls. Slow motion makes everything look so much worse!

• Like 1

Just now, Beliall said:

****ing neville. "oh he has a little look up" **** off did he. yes its a red but dont make it more than it is. 

100% this, what is he talking about. He couldn’t see Perez’s eye-line from there, you could just as easily make the case Perez is looking at the ball.

Is it a red card? Yes. Was it deliberate? Probably not but neither I or anybody else can say for sure.

I think Perez tried to stay on his feet an retain the ball because he wasn't sure he'd get the foul for the challenge on him.

I think it was a foul on Perez, then he tried whilst off balance to keep his feet and it was a red. Unintentional but dangerous.

Maybe the "new leniency" was a factor in Perez committing the red card offence.

• Like 3

Deffo a red, any stamp meant or not on the ankle is asking for trouble. 

If that was a challenge on our player, would be wanting a red for whoever made the challenge.

Ricardo,Youri and Harvey are having poor games. So many misplaced passes from all 3.

Ndidi carrying them and getting stuck in, the rest and Vardy non existent.

Too much needs to improve to get anything out this game even if we had 11 men.

Were outfought and void of any ideas going forward, and as I said before we really need to work on our movement off the ball as we are so so static that the defence have such limited options to pass to hence the crab like nature of our play.

whatever our game plan was coming into this Brendan got this wrong as Barnes Tielemans  Thomas and Madders ain’t up for a battle 

Just now, Vacamion said:

I think Perez tried to stay on his feet an retain the ball because he wasn't sure he'd get the foul for the challenge on him.

I think it was a foul on Perez, then he tried whilst off balance to keep his feet and it was a red. Unintentional but dangerous.

Maybe the "new leniency" was a factor in Perez committing the red card offence.

Best summary I’ve seen! 

May as well give the 2 signings a run out. Tielemans needs a hand in the middle.  So frustrating how we play. So slow. Rodgers doesn't seem to learn. 

We are gonna struggle this season if we don't improve the side. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, but that's a leg breaker on another day. It's a red and we have to take it on the chin.

No sure why Kasper thought it was a good idea to pass it to perez with his back to goal under pressure.

People can blame BR but the players need to take some responsibility.

Just now, Pliskin said:

We can argue about the red card, but let’s face it, we deserve to be behind, we’ve been crap.

If that had been on a Leicester player we’d be screaming for a red card, it may be unfortunate since he is off balance and trying to shield, but it’s a stonewaller. Fornals is lucky. 

And yes, Moyes has totally out thought Rodgers and we deserve to be behind regardless. They have our number. 

• Like 2

First off, it was a red all day long. I don't think it was intentional in the slightest but off balance or not, he's taken a massive step that he didn't need to take to try and put himself infront of Fornals and caught him. It's a red. 

As for how we are playing? The less said about that the better. Our midfield has been shockingly bad. Every one of them. 

The shock so far is that since Rodgers has been here we've started both seasons in good form and like a rocket.

We (again) limped over the finish line and this season it seems like its carried over.

Against Wolves last week we were lucky they didn't put any of there shots away else that could been a beating.  We absolutely didn't play well for the last hour of that game.

This game, weve not been in it, at all, not even for a few minutes.  We've looked second best all over.

We've bought players but they've all sat on the bench.  Like others have said, nothing changes if you don't change anything. And Perez going off, whether you love him or hate him, forces Brendans hand

What I find weird about the red card is both Fornells and Perez were doing the same thing both were being wreckless. The difference is timing, if Perez plants first then Fornells takes his ankle. 

So if it’s not intent (which doesn’t count) and dangerous play. Both are being dangerous, just one was faster at it! 

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Every week he is unable to hold off challenging players.  Lsdt week he gave the ball away taking a pass with his back to goal. 

There is no way he is right in a top team.

The West Ham player kicks the foot he tries to control it with. All I’m disputing is that his bad touch was to blame. It wasn’t!