Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

West Ham (A) Mon 23/08/21 @ 8pm Match Thread - Sky Sports

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Unfortunately, but that's a leg breaker on another day. It's a red and we have to take it on the chin.

No sure why Kasper thought it was a good idea to pass it to perez with his back to goal under pressure.

People can blame BR but the players need to take some responsibility.

He does, this is the third time Moyes has schooled him. 

The problem isn’t passing it around at the back, it’s giving it away stupidly when we go forward with it.

If I was Soyuncu I wouldn’t make a pass forward to Vardys feet again.

Just keep passing it at the back at let the boring West Ham ****ers watch it for 90 mins

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
2 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Don’t think we will get 100 mill for him some how

Can't see it lol

Guest Kopfkino
Just now, Phube said:

What I find weird about the red card is both Fornells and Perez were doing the same thing both were being wreckless. The difference is timing, if Perez plants first then Fornells takes his ankle. 

So if it’s not intent (which doesn’t count) and dangerous play. Both are being dangerous, just one was faster at it! 

The dangerous and endangering an opponent rule is utter bullshit anyway, this is just another example of it. David Luiz doesn’t get sent off for caving Raul’s skull in because he’s making an attempt to head the ball. Perez is pushed off balance and Fornals puts his leg where Perez wants to plant his foot and it’s a sending off. 

Surprising red card. The thing people are ignoring is that Perez SEES the contact coming so he leans into the contact. Otherwise he gets run over.

That said, this team.needs a refresh. We need to integrate some of our newer additions. Especially up front. Could do with some new options up top. If we are just going to play Vardy up front, without Nacho, without Daka seeing meaningful stretches of play, we are going to look toothless quite frequently. Like today. Not at all convinced Vards can lead the attack at this point. Nice goal last week, bit of class, but a bit flukey as well. This might be the day to see what Daka gives us. 

We better add a RW, that's all I have to say. How many years must we belabor this failed Perez experiment? Yes he brings good qualities, despite what many think, but we need goals. If we want good qualities without goals, we have Albrighton. We finally have some legit depth but without 15 goals contributed to off the right, either goals or assists, we are fuched anyhow. Did we even have a good shot on goal 1H? Just lots of sideways movement. Better to play Ricardo at RW and put Castagne at RB.

Edited by vanity

Can't really believe there's people on here disputing the red card he stamps halfway up his ankle, doesn't.matter if it's intented or he was pushed it's a red card dangerous play simple as. If one of theirs did that, we would scream red card.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I don't see why Perez would want to "do" him. No previous between them, he was off balance and I think trying to protect the ball but got it wrong and caught the man. With the studs the ref will usually go for a red.

Sky predictably making it worse than it is.

It was dangerous as ****. And he had about as much control as that "shot"

Should be banned for having no control over his feet full stop.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s not blue tinted specs. I can accept we were shit first half. I can’t accept that that’s a red card for trying to shield the ball from someone coming from your blind side and you accidentally stand on them whilst in your stride. 

Lots of players are pushed off balance if you end up looking like you could break someones leg/ankle with VAR in the modern era there will be consequences.

8 minutes ago, Manini said:

Is Rodgers overly cautious with new signings? He seems to have a big thing about integration and “getting up to speed physically” - it seems like the days of your new star signings automatically starting are long gone, and to be honest we could probably do with it. Daka and Soumare would have freshened us right up tonight. 

They need to get "down to speed" I think. They come in and look exciting and adventurous, BR won't be having that. He'll have them all on vigorous passing drills to our full backs. 

Guest MarshallForEngland

When your weight is that far forward and on one side and you try to kick the ball as Perez did, that is the natural trajectory of your leg, anybody who has done anything remotely athletic will know what that feels like.