Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

West Ham United 4-1 Leicester City - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

This is becoming painful. One of the goals actually began with him giving the ball back to them. Think it was the second. And he’s been like it for a while now. Sometimes people need to acknowledge their limitations…

Think it had something to do with West Ham's tactics. Ignore our CBs and double up on our wide players. Also man marked Tielemans and Ndidi, so he had few options to pass out. 

Could be a good thing.  We have been very unlucky with defensive injuries and a different back line tonight might have helped steady the ship better.  Equally, a quick sharp reminder not to believe in their own hype (The players/club/manager) might not be a bad thing.

I'd sooner get spanked in game 2 and be a bit grounded by it, than game 30 when the business end of the season is upon us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

Having said that I don't think we will.  I think we will beat Norwich but lose to man city so 6 points from the first 4 which is meh, but with our injuries, that would probably be par for the course.

This is personally what I think too, if I put my pessimism to one side and think about it rationally. 6 from 4 would do me. 

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

West Ham had a game plan and they executed it.

Won every single individual battle and it’s about the most deserved win you’ll see.

Only positive from this evening is it’s likely we’ll see a change up next week which I’m looking forward to. 

Perez replaced by Albrighton?

• Haha 1

After this match none of the players can complain if they get put on the bench. This is the perfect time to ratchet up the competition in training. Nobody guaranteed a place in the team next week. Time to mix it up.

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

Devils advocate - but say we fail to beat Norwich, then lose to Man City - does pressure start to build for the first time? It would be interesting to see how he reacts when his back is against the wall, we haven’t ever, ever had to see him in that situation before whilst he’s been with us. It’s exciting, but I feel like it could be for the wrong reasons this year if the above plays out lol 

we will probably get 6 pts from those two games  thats football

3 minutes ago, enmac said:

Support from Jason Cundy! 

"No Evans, Fofana, Vestergaard, Justin. That's a back 4."

Absolutely no team in the PL could cope with the scale of our injuries these last 12 months. 

Fofana, Ricardo, JJ, Evans, Barnes, Madders, Cags, Praet all been put for  minimum 3/4 months compounded by shorter term injuries to Bertrand, vestergaard and castagne. 

How would Man Utd be doing minus Wann Bissaka, Shaw, Maguire, Bailly and Lindelhof? Or West Ham minus Cresswell, Coufal, Ogbanna and Dawson? 

Let's just ease up and realise that without so.many elite players we are unlikely to be able to perform.at.elite.level.

• Like 4

Just now, whitwickfox said:

we will probably get 6 pts from those two games  thats football

Of course, yes, this is Leicester at the end of the day. I think we’ll do well to beat man city but we should be a lot happier next Saturday all being well. 

32 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Bad, but when you are missing Evans, Fofana, Vesterguard, Bertrand and a Castange not match fit. Then have to play 60 minutes with 10 men, it going to be hardworking.

Take 5 first team defenders out of any team in the PL and it going to be difficult. 

...two of those players I believe were involved in another previous drubbing by West Ham!!!

We set up wrong, we lost our composure and belief and we need to man up when games seems to be going against us. The usual lack of leadership once again, when things are not going right Tielemans is not the player to refocus the team.

5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

After this match none of the players can complain if they get put on the bench. This is the perfect time to ratchet up the competition in training. Nobody guaranteed a place in the team next week. Time to mix it up.

Yeah. I feel we've been too settled for a long time which has been weird given our horrific injury list.

That was a sore one to be at. To think I swapped out of a 12hr shift tomorrow so I could come tonight. The traffic on the M11 was more entertaining and had more movement than we did tonight. Worst I’ve seen us on the road in the flesh in a very long time. We were too passive, too predictable and just accepted our fate at 2-0. The faint hope of a scrappy goal but still nothing, and compound it with offering up another two goals. Cags had a shocking second half. They looked fitter and hungrier than us which concerns me. We seem to have crept into the comfort zone of a passive style of play rather than being on the front foot in recent months, and it does not suit us at all. Off to Norwich on Saturday. I want to see us on the front foot and stamp our authority on the game rather than concede initiative and wait for someone to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Changes needed, hopefully we see a shift in ideas at the weekend 

If we have a meh league season....Will it be the end of the world? I know its super early days but I can't see us winning the league 😆.

Fine line between being a top 5 team and not....tonight proved that with a performance that showed how poor we can be when we are without key personnel and get our tactics horribly wrong

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because that's like saying Fofana had fouled Fer Nino first. 

It's not though is it. Nino intentionally went in ,in a different move completely, to play through fofana there was no intent their from Perez yes he fouled him and it's probably a yellow but not a red Imo. But they do tend to be given