Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

West Ham United 4-1 Leicester City - Post Match Thread

Just now, tickler28 said:

If we have a meh league season....Will it be the end of the world? I know its super early days but I can't see us winning the league 😆.

Fine line between being a top 5 team and not....tonight proved that with a performance that showed how poor we can be when we are without key personnel and get our tactics horribly wrong

Expectations have been raised haven’t they. If in the end it does pan out that way and we finish, say, 9th, it will be accepted at some point in the season as being where we’re at. 

At the moment though the cup win is still fresh and we’ve just had two, largely, belter league seasons so it’s stinging a bit yet. It’ll even itself out though - what will be will be at the end of the day. 

Playing the ball around the back four isn't the problem here. Playing the ball around the back four with no opposition player within 10 yards of you is. What is the point of that? What does it achieve other than slow things down. It's becoming tedious waiting for the mistakes to happen.

The whole idea of bringing the ball out from the back is to move into the space in front of you and bypass an opposition player by passing to a player as your opponent comes closer to engage, therefore taking them momentarily out of the game, creating space and openings for a forward pass. You move forward on that basis if you want to play a possession based game. We just seem to knock it around at the back for the sake of it. The passes don't tend to be crisp, they're rolled balls which allow all 10 of the outfield opposition players to jog back and forward remaining in their coached shape. It's just so utterly predictable. I hope there's big performance against Norwich next up. 

• Like 1

Is Daka going to get as many minutes as Kelechi is used to in a season? Kelechi now third choice striker too, that is a concern for me. I think we need to go two up front and see what happens. Defence is not as good due to injuries so we have to try something different.  

1 minute ago, foxfan92 said:

Our average league position for the last almost 80 games is 3rd/4th.

Yes we've played a number of bad games (after first lockdown for example), but we've also beaten the so called big 6 more times than we've lost, won a cup and (if you look back at the post match reports from the last 2 seasons) produced enough exciting football to make this place seem cheery more often than not.

It just seems like human nature ... or at least on Foxestalk ... to hold onto the negative aspects more strongly than the positive ones.

Rodgers has his faults, but then name one manager in the league who doesn't???

I wasnt a Rodgers fan when we appointed him, but the vast majority of the results under his management have been good ones, and I just think those slagging him off need to be careful what they wish for, because I'm not convinced whoever succeeds BR will give us the same win ratios he manages.

FWIW I agree with not wanting Rodgers gone. He has enough credit in the bank to ride a few results like this. But these kind of games are happening too often, where after 10 minutes you can see where its going, but nothing changes.

I don't think there's anybody out there that we can attract who could safely do a better job than he has over the course of a season, but like I said before, David Moyes has WHU playing like we were a year back. We evidently have the players to play that way, but the last time we were exciting (3-0 vs WBA at half time) the team got a bollocking, probably for going off-piste.

We don't blow teams away anymore, like West Ham have done to us today. 

48 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

I absolutely hate to see my CBs dominated by a striker, nothing more degrading……i was watching Soyuncu and pining for Walsh, Elliott and Taggart 

Wasyl would have sorted him out… 

• Sad 1

There's delusional and then there's a Brendan Rodgers post-hammering interview.  Apparently the team kept fighting, kept running and kept working.  

Tonight wasn't good enough.  Not even remotely good enough.  So why not come out and say so?  This is why this shit keeps happening.  Trying to sprinkle cinnamon on a turd rather than admitting it ****ing stinks.

Imagine what Rodgers could be if he could actually get his teams pumped and motivated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah. I feel we've been too settled for a long time which has been weird given our horrific injury list.

Think that Tielemans, Barnes, Kasper and Soyuncu are the only untouchables. And Soyuncu because he has no competition.

Just now, Manini said:

Expectations have been raised haven’t they. If in the end it does pan out that way and we finish, say, 9th, it will be accepted at some point in the season as being where we’re at. 

At the moment though the cup win is still fresh and we’ve just had two, largely, belter league seasons so it’s stinging a bit yet. It’ll even itself out though - what will be will be at the end of the day. 

Fans with rational minds whove been supporting Leicester for 20+ years will know that top 5 every season is not a given....in fact its a rarity.

Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi...being well Off form, this put our bline under Top much pressure,the holes & space were Opening up..

Soyu faded...Ricardo was struggling before Perez departure...

Barnes Simply Not on the games Pace..

Amartey, our best man...I

If Maddison ( due to injury worries) cant bring his A or even B game, he has to come in from the Bench...

Perez, Maddison, just should/ might see...KDH, Soumare,or Praet get their chances...

Barnes needs games in his legs....

This season might be the turn around of the last 2....We wont have A Great start, But could See us, grow into those Top 5 places...

This is 2 games, We saw, spurs,Southampton,Everton,Villa, take the Early laurels last season...

2-3 injuries from W.Ham,they have questions to answer...

injuries could well still  be our Coup de grace, which prevents us ever taking that next Real high step...

Just Remind everyone...

We are missing Justin,Evans,Fofana Castagna ( Not yet ready), Barnes still off the pace,Maddison a big worry,Plus newbies Vestergaard and Bertrand

8 players, from a would be  Top 16 players,from our squad.With those injuries not much movement in potential Team selection...

Plus I reckon Soumare/Daka/Nacho or Castagna, would of been in Rodgers First thoughts has the Definite subs...

Football is Football ,tomorrow is Another day.....No Major complaints, Today we had too many poor performances & too slow on producing

quick ball,which we depend on.  West Ham were tuned in and they are a damn Good team und I vor One Never thought they will Drop Off in

These First 2 months...

8 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

That was a sore one to be at. To think I swapped out of a 12hr shift tomorrow so I could come tonight. The traffic on the M11 was more entertaining and had more movement than we did tonight. Worst I’ve seen us on the road in the flesh in a very long time. We were too passive, too predictable and just accepted our fate at 2-0. The faint hope of a scrappy goal but still nothing, and compound it with offering up another two goals. Cags had a shocking second half. They looked fitter and hungrier than us which concerns me. We seem to have crept into the comfort zone of a passive style of play rather than being on the front foot in recent months, and it does not suit us at all. Off to Norwich on Saturday. I want to see us on the front foot and stamp our authority on the game rather than concede initiative and wait for someone to pull a rabbit out of a hat. Changes needed, hopefully we see a shift in ideas at the weekend 

I've been concerned about that for a while, going back to the West Brom game last season where we were 3-0 up at half time, playing reasonably well but Rodgers was going mad, kicking bottles. We came out in the second half and contributed nothing and just coasted through the rest of the match but Rodgers was now happy with that. Following that we ended the season without putting in a single good performance.

• Like 1

We have become an increasingly passive team. Inbeteeen that we have also produced some outstanding football - playing with so much confidence. However, we tend to be  so predictable now and teams can easily press and bully us at times.

i think we do need to accept that we have over performed in the last 2 years and a number of teams have found us out. Many have not though and we’ll come back from this.

It is about time we stood up as fans and stop expecting us to win games but back the lads every game home and away.

Passive team and even more passive fans.

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

There's delusional and then there's a Brendan Rodgers post-hammering interview.  Apparently the team kept fighting, kept running and kept working.  

Tonight wasn't good enough.  Not even remotely good enough.  So why not come out and say so?  This is why this shit keeps happening.  Trying to sprinkle cinnamon on a turd rather than admitting it ****ing stinks.

Imagine what Rodgers could be if he could actually get his teams pumped and motivated.

The scary thing is, some managers say this stuff to protect their players, but you get the feeling he believes that. 

Just now, BlueSi13 said:

He'll never say bad words about his players. Never.

14 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Tactically Naive.  A midfield of Maddison/Youri/Barnes/Ricardo/Perez is open to being  bullied away from home. Something has got to give. 

Soumare looks like a player who won't get bullied

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

You’re completely right. Undeniably, we have had two fantastic seasons and objectively a 9th place would be far from a crises. However, I’d be more concerned that it would completely undo our progression and without European football we would lose our big players. 

Fundamentally, the success under Rodgers’ tenure has somewhat put pressure on us to continue on an upwards trajectory / maintain our standards imo

I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with the line up, can't legislate for thick players, unfortunately. Perhaps the changes should've come sooner in the second half from Rodgers. 

Even before the red West Ham were really good. We were rancid and had ten men for an hour or so all in but that shouldn't discredit them, knew what they doing and ragged us.

I'd have KDH, and either of Nacho / Daka in for Norwich for Perez and Vardy respectively. Maybe Soumaré in for Maddison too who jogs about like he's wearing wet clothes. 

• Haha 2