Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

West Ham United 4-1 Leicester City - Post Match Thread

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Fans with rational minds whove been supporting Leicester for 20+ years will know that top 5 every season is not a given....in fact its a rarity.

Oh without a doubt. But if you tell somebody they’re good at something enough times they start to believe it, if you get me. 

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because that's like saying Fofana had fouled Fer Nino first. 

Perez should've gone down when the guy trod on his foot and won a free-kick. He's tried to put his foot over the ball to keep it and he's unfortunate. That said, Fornals is fortunate not to be stretchered off tonight 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

There's delusional and then there's a Brendan Rodgers post-hammering interview.  Apparently the team kept fighting, kept running and kept working.  

Tonight wasn't good enough.  Not even remotely good enough.  So why not come out and say so?  This is why this shit keeps happening.  Trying to sprinkle cinnamon on a turd rather than admitting it ****ing stinks.

Imagine what Rodgers could be if he could actually get his teams pumped and motivated.

I'm sure Rodgers had a very different and firmer discussion with his players in the changing room. Probably let them know exactly how bad they were.

He won't openly criticise them to the media though as that will just ruin their morale even more and not help anyone

• Like 1

Can anyone explain our style of play to me? As I commented in the match thread... we:

- are no longer a counter attacking team, our defence isnt strong enough to sustain pressure for counters, and our players are scared of losing the ball when attacking

- seem like possession based team but it doesnt help us in defence and we don't do anything with it in attack

- play with wingers and wing backs but either barely cross or constantly cross, often at the wrong times. So far this season, 2 crosses 2 goals. How many crosses in total today? 5?

- don't play particularly quickly and hardly press, yet our players look burned out from the start. 

Obviously some games we rip teams apart and some games we get the ripping. I dont get it.

11 minutes ago, SO1 said:

After this match none of the players can complain if they get put on the bench. This is the perfect time to ratchet up the competition in training. Nobody guaranteed a place in the team next week. Time to mix it up.

I assume it is what's happening in training that means we see the likes of Perez and Madders starting and JV staying on even if ineffective and/or knackered.

Collectively, they must really deliver and offer loads in training hence they keep starting.

5 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

The scary thing is, some managers say this stuff to protect their players, but you get the feeling he believes that. 

100%.  He's been at the club a long time and we still see this far too often.  Tonight shouldn't have gone down the way it did, even with ten men.  But once again we cowered and threw in the towel.  Bullied and beaten up by a disciplined team more fired up than us.

I woke up wishing I wasn’t going tonight and I almost decided not to but my pure blind love for Leicester City took me to the game. But what a predictable night. I knew we’d lose tonight. There are certain teams who just destroy us and Westham are one of them. We can’t play against teams who are quick in transition, happy to counter attack at will and have an absolute machine up front in Antonio. We got bullied tonight - bullied at set pieces, and bullied in open play. Having said all of that, we will probably be fine because we have a great team and we only have to play Westham once more this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

I think the biggest surprise is that people were surprised by the result… we were terrible 2nd half against Wolves, rubbish last 2 months of last season, and our back 2 of Amartey and Soyunchu were always getting bullied by Antonio. 

For me, the Tika taka (if that is even what we are doing) has had its day. Give me high energy counter style football, hitting spaces etc. any day over this. We do it sometimes, but more often than not we’d rather go backwards and keep possession. 

I agree absolutely spot on. We have been awful ever since Aston Villa Away last year.

Never really recovered and have since changed style to a more defensive trying to knick games style.

When Brendan first came we played brilliant football but we’ve got in a rut and papering over the cracks because we’ve knicked a few games.

Youri wonder goal and a marginal offside knicking a cup, the weakest Man City team ever and knicking a pen winning the shield. Even winning at Old Trafford was vs a hugely weak Man Utd team and still couldn’t get top 4.

We were incredibly lucky against last week to win so we have been papering the cracks for a long time and have been the same since Justin and Barnes got injured and we lost so much  pace out the team, too static and too hard to create.

Now Fofana, Evans and Vestergard are out too it means not only do we struggle to create, but now we’ll struggle to knick 1-0s because there’s not a solid enough base to work off either.

I really fear for us currently and anything other than a win vs Norwich would put major pressure on us.

• Like 2

Guest Kopfkino
2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We were poor in the second half but for understandable reasons. First half I don’t think they deserved to be ahead.

Can’t agree with that they didn’t deserve to be ahead. They had us completely controlled, little different to a team dominating possession and penning you in your own half imo just a different way of doing it. They had a few decent openings where their quality was a bit off, the one where they got it right they scored, felt 1-0 at half time was entirely fair.

28 minutes ago, bfox said:

It's a common method clubs use to work the ball out of defence. You play the ball between the back 4/5 whilst moving up the pitch and baiting in the opposition, and leaving a hole to pass the ball into. Problem is West ham weren't falling for it. So we just looked stupid there really.

Stupid indeed. I understand the logic behind the passing to lure teams out of their formation but it was embarrassing to watch us fail at it. If I were Rodgers, I'd be worried as to how Norwich set-up on Saturday because that is how you beat us in a nutshell. 

• Like 1

In the previous match thread i predicted we'd ship 5 goals a game based on injuries and the way that Wolves put us under the cosh.

I said it because i was trying to predict the very worse thing in order to get a pleasant suprise. Tonight makes me think i was being realistic after all.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I was at the game so probably saw things differently to you guys - the view at the London stadium requires binoculars. 

First half was the game I expected; we had the possession but they looked threatening on the break and scored with their first meaningful attack that came about from giving the ball away. We then responded decently and had a great move that led to a chance for Ricardo who missed. But then Perez got sent off and it was game over. 

Second half we didn’t do much but Soyuncu has a brain fart and it looked like there was no way back. We then put Daka up top with Vardy and got one back. Rodgers then went for it which led to the capitulation. 

We were poor in the second half but for understandable reasons. First half I don’t think they deserved to be ahead. 

But all that said a lot of criticism in here is justified. West Ham did what we expected them too and bullied us all over the pitch. Soyuncu had a nightmare again versus Antonio. In hindsight we needed a different approach today; probably Soumare, Ndidi and Tielemans all in the middle. Perez will get blamed but I thought Maddison was terrible and we carried him throughout the game even when playing 11 v 11.

Onto the next one, that was a hiding. 

Don't think it's even hindsight matey; you know what the issue is against these guys and Soumare brought in for that exact reason. Or we could have gone for Iheanacho (alongside Vardy) who can actually hold the ball up. But of course not.

Cannot understand why anyone would want Rodgers gone but he'll never be an 'elite' manager if he doesn't learn to be flexible with his style of play. It was crying out for the ball to be played long and in behind the channels, yet whenever we actually did that it was after about 20 passes too late and some stupid floaty ball.

Having said that, not his fault we looked so half arsed from minute one. Knew where it was going.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Fans with rational minds whove been supporting Leicester for 20+ years will know that top 5 every season is not a given....in fact its a rarity.

One thing I can’t bare is being out battled, bullied and out run! I don’t expect too 5, but I do expect a bloody good shift and to get stuck in and not be allowed to be bullied! we haven’t lost to a team who are technically very good, in fact when we let them have the ball at the back they didn’t know what to do with it. 

a bit of self pride, grit determination and leaders where missing tonight. Panic on the ball all over the place! We have to get a settled back four quickly or we will struggle to win games. 

• Like 1

We just look bereft of ideas, even towards the end of last season we were relying on long balls from the centre backs and midfield. Now we’ve got two cb’s who look petrified to move it forward and a midfield who are getting marked out of the game. People have worked out how to play against us and there seems a reluctance to try anything different. Maddison seriously needs to find form, he’s one of our only players that can turn with his back to goal and create space for himself. It’s hard to see where goals are going to come from at the moment, we are desperately missing Evans and Fofana as the solid foundation of starting attacking moves. Genuinely don’t know what we can do about it.

Would go for a midfield 3 of Ndidi Soumare and Tielemans next game, Maddison not doing enough currently. 

And we so desperately need a winger that can actually take a man on on the right hand side.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Can’t agree with that they didn’t deserve to be ahead. They had us completely controlled, little different to a team dominating possession and penning you in your own half imo just a different way of doing it. They had a few decent openings where their quality was a bit off, the one where they got it right they scored, felt 1-0 at half time was entirely fair.

But...but......we won the passing along the back 3 stat goddammit, that surely means we didn't deserve to be losing....right....right? 

• Haha 1