Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

West Ham United 4-1 Leicester City - Post Match Thread

Bizarre.  I can't understand why BR chooses to set us up like this when it has failed, spectacularly, twice last season.  Moyes hasn't even had to think about what to do.  It's just rinse and repeat from him because we offer no alternative.  And tonight we offer a two goal head start and a red card to go along with it.

Couldn't have made that any easier for them.

• Like 3

That was worryingly poor.  There is getting beat and there is downing tools when the going gets tough.

That was a tough watch and it's weird because this type of garbage is usually reserved for the latter parts of the season when the pressure kicks in and we can't handle it.

I know its only 2 games in but I don't think a top 4 fight is on the cards this season, its just gone stale.  The same dross gets picked every week and Brendan won't change things.  That's the issue.  The same players get picked regardless of form, it's not healthy and it won't all of sudden turn around.  

We've not looked good in a league game since I can't remember when.  And it doesn't look like changing.

I know its only 2 games but......I am concerned about this season. Wolves should have scored three against us, we look hopeless. Noone tonight gets more than 2. Garbage in every department. BR should have changed it when Perez got sent off. They all stank to high heaven. Worst display by any team in the league this season. DIre dire dire dire.

• Haha 1

I said it in the match thread, but every now and then this team are capable of just a collectively dreadful game. Like properly worst-team-in-the-league bad. 

Thankfully it doesn't happen all that that often, but tonight was definitely one of those.

Bafflingly awful. 

Forget it and move on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Bad, but when you are missing Evans, Fofana, Vesterguard, Bertrand and a Castange not match fit. The have to play 60 minutes with 10 men.

Take 5 first team defenders out of any team in the PL and it going to be difficult. 

All very well but we are toothless and frankly shit going forward too. The days of Vardy as a lone striker are done. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

These sort of performances will continue whilst we try to play it out from the back with Johan Cruyff and a player who’s probably worse than my mrs at controlling a football as centre backs. It says something when the players that had the most touches in the game crossed the half way line a total of about 5 times between them. I don’t get it, it’s like taking the playing at the back to the extreme.

I'm sorry but anyone that defends Perez and thinks he should be starting in this team is massively deluded. He offers literally nothing. Gives the ball away, creates very little, blows over in the wind....and then gets sent off when we are already shit. 

• Like 1

BR seems to have an awful blind-spot against West Ham that we all though he may have learnt from after last season, but seemingly not. Appreciate that we don't have too many options defensively, but not reinforcing the midfield was a huge error. Rice, Soucek and co won't have it much easier all season. Tielemans was isolated from minute one and Barnes had no space to work in whatsoever and both of those left Vardy as isolated as any point last season. 

Of course, even in spite of how abject we were prior to the sending off, the game changes on the red card. West Ham almost certainly win any event, but losing a player away at a side who we a. struggle against anyway and b. have all the right players to exploit the space made it suicidal.

The big test now is how we react to a side that we should be beating fairly comfortably on Saturday. Go out and get a comfortable win and it's a decent, if not exceptional start, drop points or even lose and it'll be chaos on here with Man City coming up after that and the following games also suddenly look much more difficult.

If Evans is going to be out for as long as it seems, then Bertrand becomes even more integral for me. Soyuncu should be the experienced head there, but he's clearly not and neither are Big Dan or Ricardo, and clearly not Thomas. Soyuncu is what he is and we all know there's a touch of the David Luiz' about him. Capable of the sublime and the ridiculous, and he needs that level head nearby.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Horrible performance.

Only positive is it might encourage that extra spending in the window. 

I know there were so many things wrong with that performance but they even got the basics wrong.

When in good crossing positions, drill the balls across the area so you increase that the chance of a deflection/defender making a mistake rather than floating the ball in. Also, we need a mix of zonal and man marking on set pieces. Get our strongest players in their air on the oppositions, supported by zonal marking 

I was so frustrated when we kept doing crosses instead of a low ball across the box.

• Like 1

Meltdown in full force. But some good might come out of an early setback to toughen us up. Anyway corner defending was better, and Amartey was not nearly as bad as you lot all seem to think. Also we're still in Europe etc

Yeah, other than that a bit rubbish all round.

• Like 1

I didn't think losing the physical battle was costing us too much tbh, we were defending the crosses and set pieces ok. But giving the ball away gifted them goals and we didn't have much going forward. Barnes and Ndidi were really poor I thought. Maddison and Perez did nothing but you expect that from them.

They made forward runs and looked to get it forward, and Vardy looked like he'd rather do anything else - showed his age a bit tonight tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Since being back in the premier league I can think of maybe four games as gross as that. 

0-0 against Hull under Pearson. 

2-0 away at Swansea under Ranieri. 

2-0 away at Southampton under Ranieri. 

5-0 away at Palace under Puel. 

Have I missed any?

Bournemouth 5-1 was it?

The formation was obviously not working with defence having no options to play forward so tedious sideways and back passing. If they shifted it quicker we night have a chance. 

If we had more steel in midfield for a game like today. Needed soumare in there and two holding today. 

Also it's now become common how poor we are without Evans organising the defence. Very poor all over esp cags with that backpass.

Hope Evans is back after the Norwich game.