Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

West Ham United 4-1 Leicester City - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

3 games vs West Ham 3 defeats, bullied every time, no attempt to change that tonight, bought soumare because he’s mix of youri/Ndidi and we played Maddison/perez/Barnes who between them could put muscle a fly.

rogers never learns this sort of thing and it winds me up massively! 

As a side of vestergaards out long term we will genuinely be bottom half defending like that, if we’re lucky.

Thought it was a foul on Perez initially but can’t argue with the red after. It made no difference as we were crap before that anyway! 

Norwich 100% win Saturday! Footballs back everyone :teehee:

couldnt put it better myself tbf, BR hasnt learnt anything at all from the 2 previous awful game against them, 

We did give them 2 goals and got a man sent off.

It’s the lack of awareness by BR to start Vards in a game like this. He was dreadful and he made that complete cock up in the middle of the pitch because he didn’t wanna watch the repeat and see the stat that he’s only touched the ball once.

2-1 we should have kept it compact and countered on their mistakes but BR’s tactics where the players were pressing like mad and all it did was make so many spaces for them.

What a shit show

Feel like I'm watching summer training. Zero chemistry between the players. Changes need to be made and this isn't just about Perez. We looked like crap before the Red. Soumare and Daka need to play and I don't care who sits the bench.

I think it was a result that some feared, and others really fears but hoped it wouldn’t happen.

In truth, yet again Moyes has nailed Brendan to a cross. 

West Ham knew exactly what to expect as we turned up ponderously stroking the ball between the centre backs… and they just killed us every time we gave the ball away. 

Even prior to the red, they had the measure of us, they were getting in behind fairly easily without being threatening. But then took advantage of a Vardy mistake, Cags gets caught on his heels and before you know it they’re 1-0 up. Obviously then Perez makes things harder when he gets a deserved red, as it was an absolute shocker, it was a leg breaker. 

From then on, it was all over West Ham’s power and movement was far too much for us. Cags and Amartey just don’t work together good attacks will destroy them with relative ease, the Wolves game was a warning sign, but tonight just proved that a more potent attack will deliver devastating results. 

West Ham thoroughly deserved their win tonight, but what is lost conceding for me is the fact Rodgers has twice been left red faced by Moyes and it has happened again…..  it’s just farcical that one manager can have another’s number so easily…. Rodgers needs to have a sit in front of a mirror tomorrow and have a think, because we can’t play like that again, we can’t be so slow and submissive in possession of the ball, but when we carelessly give it away like we do a lot, decent attackers will put you away. 

A very disappointing and slightly worrying performance this evening, and one that I feared. We seem to be a bit of a one trick pony, and when it goes wrong it goes badly wrong. We’ve been fantastic over the last two seasons, but we’ve also been rancid, when we’re bad, I think we’re probably the worst in the league, we look like we don’t even know how to play football. 

Fair play to West Ham, they deserved it, we need to do some working out, because with a baron defence we’re facing a difficult few months. 

• Like 3

Irrelevant of the sending off, the writing was on the wall. The most frustrating element of all of that wasn't Soyuncu, nor our defence that was utterly bullied. Not the sending off. But David Moyes having Brendan's number for 3 games now. Yet he's not learned. Same performance, different season.

Youri's goal was simply a smoke screen for an awful performance. He was bullied throughout. Absolutely bullied. Why not try Soumare? I don't understand. 

Bad day. Team not to blame. Responsibility on this has to rely solely at Brendan's feet. Set up wrong. Style of play wrong. Formation wrong. 

My fear - it would have been the same result irrelevant of the sending off. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Lets judge them after 10-15 games 

Will have lost far too many points by then to judge anything if we don't sort the issues early. That's what pre-season is for, and in pre-season Soumare, KDH and Daka were amongst out best players. 

Just now, David Guiza said:

BR seems to have an awful blind-spot against West Ham that we all though he may have learnt from after last season, but seemingly not. Appreciate that we don't have too many options defensively, but not reinforcing the midfield was a huge error. Rice, Soucek and co won't have it much easier all season. Tielemans was isolated from minute one and Barnes had no space to work in whatsoever and both of those left Vardy as isolated as any point last season. 

Of course, even in spite of how abject we were prior to the sending off, the game changes on the red card. West Ham almost certainly win any event, but losing a player away at a side who we a. struggle against anyway and b. have all the right players to exploit the space made it suicidal.

The big test now is how we react to a side that we should be beating fairly comfortably on Saturday. Go out and get a comfortable win and it's a decent, if not exceptional start, drop points or even lose and it'll be chaos on here with Man City coming up after that and the following games also suddenly look much more difficult.

If Evans is going to be out for as long as it seems, then Bertrand becomes even more integral for me. Soyuncu should be the experienced head there, but he's clearly not and neither are Big Dan or Ricardo, and clearly not Thomas. Soyuncu is what he is and we all know there's a touch of the David Luiz' about him. Capable of the sublime and the ridiculous, and he needs that level head nearby.  

I am not confident, Norwich last time in the EPL took all 6 or 4 points of us, I know we didnt beat them, I think if I remember it was similar, we kept faffing around at the back and they hit us with effective counters.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

It's a horror show and a huge test of Rodgers credentials this next month or so. He has to get 2 new players in, a winger and a solid centre half and he needs to build the confidence and swagger back of this side. When we are bad we are so so bad, been on the end of some absolute hidings in the last year which is unusual for a team that's been pretty much ensconced in the top 4 for 2 whole seasons.

Something is amiss with us at times and it's ignorant to think that's all part of the brilliance we also bring in swathes.

Mind boggling subs, we were losing the midfield battle and defending like absolute pigs but he didn't change it up quick enough. Soumare was bought in for this exact sort of game and yet he let Soucek and Rice have their own way yet again.

Bertrand back for Saturday can't come soon enough for his experience. Amartey was shocking for that 4th goal and Soyuncu may have just out done his performance at home to Newcastle last season. 

Frustrating times, I still worry a poor start to a season and we won't snap out of it.

Won't even start on Perez, there's no words.

Missing 5 defenders does'nt help 

Coaches in training this week "Brendan we lost comfortably twice to west ham last season, what will we do this time"

Brendan "exactly the same as we did in the previous 2 games".

Coaches at ht "1-0 down with 10 men, we can either keep it tight for the first 15/20 mins and then try and sneak a goal or we can go at them early and look for the equaliser"

Brendan "we will just pass it out from the back and make it as easy as possible for west ham to win the game".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That was as one-sided as the 9-0 against Southampton.

We scored from basically our only attack in the last 85 minutes of the game.

Rodgers’ tactics were atrocious. West Ham have battered us twice in the last 12 months playing exactly the same way so today, with none of the personnel to execute his preferred style of play, he went with General Melchett approach of doing what we’ve done the previous 20 times as a surprise.

Tielemans’ worst game in a Leicester shirt.

I was done with Maddison 6 months ago but yet another game against an immediate rival where he goes missing. Not involved before the sending off, absolutely pointless after. 0 goals and 0 assists in 13 games since his injury. Ok he’s not started all of them but that just isn’t good enough.

Perez isn’t good enough. Bad tackle but an accident. 

Soyuncu was embarrassing, whenever the going gets tough he does something daft.

As I said in the match thread Rodgers has delivered some extraordinary highs for this club but when we are bad under him we are genuinely one of the worst teams in the league. We’ve conceded 10 goals in the last 3 games against West Ham and in the last 14 months have conceded 4 goals to Bournemouth, Newcastle, Spurs and West Ham. It’s one thing losing heavily to the big boys but there’s no excuses for losing heavily and so predictably to teams like this.

Guest Kopfkino

I’m not sure I’ll see many worse performances from anyone this season. People take the piss out of Arsenal but that’s probably there as the worst performance from anyone so far.

In certain games, you need to adapt and not roll out the same team.

Hopefully, we draw a line under it and move on. 

Kasper allowed them to press. It was easy to telegraph where those passes were going. The midfield hasn’t help as it’s not offered anything in support. 

We’s have been better playing with a Hamza/Mendy and Ndidi double DM, protecting the defence. I’ve seen nothing of Soumare yet that states he’ll improve us massively (even playing for Lille).

Luke Thomas got run ragged and looked lost. The defence was too open and that’s because we’re trying to operate in a way that pushes us forwards. Both he and Ricardo look like wing backs actually. 

I appreciate we’re limited on options but I’d have been happier for a makeshift back 3 with N’didi in there, alongside Amartey and Soyuncu. Mendy and Hamza in Midfield. It’s give us more steal and stifle the creativity, however it’s not worked for the past 3 games. 

OK, contrary view. I thought it was a fascinating game until second half. We were threading some lovely balls first half between the lines. We looked the more elegant. They looked raw and hungry and dangerous. 

Soyuncu had a second half mare. Dan looked very decent. Thomas I just don't rate. Ricardo was dickie at times.good at.others. Wilf and Tilelemans had it tough but looked quality. Madders and Barnes looked dangerous.

Everything is going their way right now. Zero injuries. Big goals in tight games. It's just the way it rolls at times. We've had our rolls these last two years. 

Suck it up. Bitter defeat is good for the soul. And, I guarantee it. We'll finish above them. I'll drag up this quote late season!

• Like 1