Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

West Ham United 4-1 Leicester City - Post Match Thread

We serve this up too often. That is the issue with having a manager who is very comfortable and very popular. The red card will be given as a reason but we chuck in several of these performances a season and it is barely even looked at.

• Like 3

I genuinely would like to know what the plan was tonight, assuming we had a plan? The painfully persistent mucking about at the back even at 0-0.. what were we trying to achieve? It was clear West Ham were waiting for us to come forward to then nick the ball...These are questions Rodgers obviously won't answer, but as fans I think we deserve an explanation tonight. It wouldn't matter who we had on the pitch, our tactics were diabolical. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

This team just gets bullied. Honestly us pretending to be a “Top 6 club” is like that lad at school who knocked about with the hard lads and made out he were tasty but as soon as you put it on him he folded like a shithouse. ****ing weak. 

Well we didn't fluke the last 2.5 seasons.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I feel like under Rodgers we’ve never been a side that has recovered from a poor performance. It was game over as soon as it was 1-0. Needed changes at half time. 

Literally got one of the best records at coming from behind under him. Be disappointed but don't write shit.

Awful performance. Even with 11 we never looked liked breaking them down. Perez just doesn't add anything to our starting 11, at all. Soyuncu looks lost without another well established centre back along side him, Thomas looked a little out of his depth tonight and understandably so and we absolutely need a right winger. 

On a side note, pretty sure that commentator had the bubble machine hanging out is a*** all game. Never heard anything like it

Edited by danhaw
  • Like 2

That was hard to watch, west ham were great, and we were not. aside from all the pressure they put on us from midfield up, so many of our first touches were awful and we kept playing into trouble. i would have taken a draw before the game, but im sorry to see us lose in that manner

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Sick of Maddison being shit. 
Sick of our shit defending.

Sick of seeing Perez on the right.

Sick of not making subs.

Sick of us having zero bloody fight.

We are still so bloody light weight.

We will look back at this summer as the summer somebody looked daft enough to take Maddison off our hands for big money.

Just now, Corky said:

We serve this up too often. That is the issue with having a manager who is very comfortable and very popular. The red card will be given as a reason but we chuck in several of these performances a season and it is barely even looked at.

Has the best win ratio of any Leicester manager, I think we can cut him some slack 

• Like 1

You have to feel for our mob, so many injuries, all in defence FFS!

Also 9 days between games and we looked leggy. Tielemans gave the ball away so often, Ndidi bullied, Madders nowhere near. Thats all down to match fitness for sure. 

Perez an absolute liability who I bet doesnt get a game if we had our CBs fit. I can see us going 523 and Perez nowhere the team at times.

At the end of the day, its just one game but we need a reaction for sure.

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I didn't think losing the physical battle was costing us too much tbh, we were defending the crosses and set pieces ok. But giving the ball away gifted them goals and we didn't have much going forward. Barnes and Ndidi were really poor I thought. Maddison and Perez did nothing but you expect that from them.

They made forward runs and looked to get it forward, and Vardy looked like he'd rather do anything else - showed his age a bit tonight tbh.

Agreed. You can stick all your tactics and battles in the bin if players make errors like they did tonight you get done 

• Like 1

Just now, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Bullied all over the park.

Moyes obliterated Rodgers tactically.

Horrendous evening all round. 

By doing what he does every time. He surely can't believe his luck getting to play this guy twice a season every season. 6 points in the bag before a balls been kicked.

A gutless, pathetic performance on and off the field. We were bullied and clueless. Let's forget the red card, v which was right btw. We were going to lose before that. 

Rodgers likes to think he's a creative manager. Sadly, he's like Caravaggio doing painting by numbers. Clueless and failed to react at 1 nil down and I man down. 

On the field, hard to see any redeeming features. Dan getting stick from some as always but he was actually one of the least worst players. 

I can't see better than mid table. May be an overreaction to a game but the pattern is there from last season.  No physicality or spark. 

Well done West Ham though. Looking good to be fair. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Agreed. I’m not saying for one moment that he is a better manager than Brendan, but no way does big Nige let that happen. 

• Haha 1