Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

West Ham United 4-1 Leicester City - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Corky said:

We serve this up too often. That is the issue with having a manager who is very comfortable and very popular. The red card will be given as a reason but we chuck in several of these performances a season and it is barely even looked at.

8-10 every season where we are absolutely unrecognisable. 

Under Puel we fluctuated between 4/10 and 7/10 performances (too many 4s). Under Brendan we’re mainly 7s but are as likely to throw in a 1/10 as a 9/10.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Agreed. I’m not saying for one moment that he is a better manager than Brendan, but no way does big Nige let that happen. 

He let us stay at the bottom of the table for 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

At least results like this give the rest of us a chance to make sure  the Anti Rodgers brigade on Foxestalk is still all okay.

Not going to defend our performance too much though, we looked second best 11 vs 11 but then we looked hopeless against West Ham in both games last season, and we were still in the top 4 for almost every game. 

We need to improve, but this one game is hardly going to define our season.

Maybe its a ploy by Rodgers to persuade Top we need to invest in a high quality winger and maybe someone else at the back. 

Your choosing that game to mock the anti-Rodgers brigade? That game highlighted every flaw he has. Stubborn, passive, pseudo-total football. 

Do I think we can do better than him? I don't know, but I look to teams like WHU who have David f**king Moyes in charge and wonder if somebody could shake this lot up and maybe coach some freedom into them.

Just now, AKCJ said:

That was absolutely hateful.

Sooner my nan played centre half than Dan Amartey. He's absolutely dreadful and a massive part of the fact we've faced 36 shots in two games.

Pretty grim that in this occasion he was better than Cags. lol

• Like 4

West Ham are gonna be involved in some crackers this season, almost like a Keegan Newcastle of old. 

A team braver than us that will attack them will score plenty but the way they counter and the belief they have when going forward they will score a shed load

• Like 1

Problems in three key areas.

Obviously central defence is a disaster but nobody can really put that on the manager but deary me Soyuncu looks miles off it. He had a terrible Euro tournament and he seems to have carried that poor form into the start of the season. Maybe time to put Ndidi there but that position looks a bit cursed at the moment.

Midfield is a real worry. Maddison again nowhere but Ndidi plays like a guy who wants away.

Time for hard truth - Vardy shouldn't start every game. Ihneacho must be wondering what he has to do to get a start.

Tonight was on Rodgers. Awful team selection and setup. His interview will be interesting but I'd be mildly worried watching that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Did you miss the implosion at Bournemouth?

Nope. In my opinion this was worse. We were good for 45 minutes against Bournemouth. I genuinely think this was worse. West Ham could have had 7 or 8

This really wasn't rocket science and a number of people on here predicted the likely outcome IF a certain team or formation was picked.

Yes, without Fofana and Evans, we were potentially going to be one player short of a top centre half partnership. If you were to accept that then against a physical side then surely you'd pick certain outfield players that could protect them a little?

Each time West Ham beat us last year, as pointed out by me and many others, we were bullied and overran in midfield  ... its called a clue! A big fat obvious clue!

So Rodgers plays two weaker players in Perez and Maddison. Maddison you can perhaps understand, albeit he's out of form, because we don't see them in training. Is it Rodgers ego that persists in picking Perez because he was responsible for bringing him here?

As the philosopher Santayana would say 'Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors are destined to repeat them'. In this case, Rodgers has no predecessor, it's purely himself and his ego,  he's stubborn and that stubbornness also cost us Champions League football last season.  We had £40m of new talent and last years top goalscorer on the bench yet again, but he fields Perez, statistically our worst performer in terms of goals and assists, go figure?

Players always have to shoulder some of the blame but for me, this was absolutely down to the manager. I doubt he'd admit it but even more worryingly, he perhaps can't even see it let alone acknowledge it. 

• Like 1