Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

West Ham United 4-1 Leicester City - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Agreed. I’m not saying for one moment that he is a better manager than Brendan, but no way does big Nige let that happen. 

I love Big Nige as much as the next fan, know him personally too, but I think our fans tend to look on his time with blue tinted specs. 

He's the guy who refused to play Albrighton for half the season and wouldn't make a single sub until the 70th minute. There were teams we struggled to beat under NP and Foxestalk were just as critical of him then as they are of BR now.

• Like 1

Defence injuries costing us again and poor set up.

Cags is not good enough without Little Wes or Evans (they give him the confidence to be great) 

Amartey just hasn't got the ability of either of the above 3 on the ball and always looks to play sideways. Unfortunately he is a weak link, but he is never meant to be starter now is he?

Thomas looked lost at times but is a great talent.

We were overrun in midfield with Perez, Maddison and even Barnes not showing for the ball when we had it at the back, leaving Tielemans and Ndidi overrun when they closed off Thomas and Ricardo.

I believe a back 3 with 5 in midfield would have overrun them, but then again we don't have the staff at the back at the moment to give us any other option than the 4 at the back that we played.

1 minute ago, Deebhoy said:

Problems in three key areas.

Obviously central defence is a disaster but nobody can really put that on the manager but deary me Soyuncu looks miles off it. He had a terrible Euro tournament and he seems to have carried that poor form into the start of the season. Maybe time to put Ndidi there but that position looks a bit cursed at the moment.

Midfield is a real worry. Maddison again nowhere but Ndidi plays like a guy who wants away.

Time for hard truth - Vardy shouldn't start every game. Ihneacho must be wondering what he has to do to get a start.

Tonight was on Rodgers. Awful team selection and setup. His interview will be interesting but I'd be mildly worried watching that.

So we’re shit in defence , midfield and attack. We might just struggle this season if that’s the case.

Things have been going too well recently despite the injuries and Brendan seems to have taken his eye off the ball with that lightweight team selection and game plan. Let's hope that will be a one off lesson. Got a nasty feeling that Norwich might be the same tippy tappy type of performance. They  will certainly need to turn up with more aggression and purpose than they did tonight.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That was absolutely hateful.

Sooner my nan played centre half than Dan Amartey. He's absolutely dreadful and a massive part of the fact we've faced 36 shots in two games.

He was the better of our two centre half’s tonight - he and Cags were shocking not aided by youri or ndidi who were completely outplayed again by soucek and rice !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

This really wasn't rocket science and a number of people on here predicted the likely outcome IF a certain team or formation was picked.

They make those predictions every week, they're just quiet about it when they don't come off.

• Like 1

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

In fairness to Thomas he was left exposed by lack of cover. 

Barnes hates covering back. Mahrez used to get slaughtered for not tracking back on here but Barnes never did it effectively for Chilwell and he doesn’t do it for Thomas. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Agreed. You can stick all your tactics and battles in the bin if players make errors like they did tonight you get done 

It's often the way though. We come up against fast, aggressive teams who like to counter and we just implode. I'd love us in games like this to set traps and actually give them the ball and low block them and see what happens after 20 minutes.

• Like 2

Was embarrassing watching us continuously pass the ball between CBs in the first half…no movement in front, almost disinterested..

No fight, Wilf bullied in the 1st half..

when we are poor, we don’t do it by halves do we… 

again our first thought when we control the ball is to look backwards for a safe pass….

we were fortunate to get 3pts last week v wolves… 

we need a bit of a wake up call… a CB in quick and some one to start instead of Perez… he should t be anywhere near our starting 11 (that’s without his cowardly challenge)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I love Big Nige as much as the next fan, know him personally too, but I think our fans tend to look on his time with blue tinted specs. 

He's the guy who refused to play Albrighton for half the season and wouldn't make a single sub until the 70th minute. There were teams we struggled to beat under NP and Foxestalk were just as critical of him then as they are of BR now.

You’re probably right. 

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Any manager worth his salt will have looked at the David Moyes blueprint now, Ric. We are soft. 

Good job 95% of teams don't have players to play that way then honestly think WHU are the best team in terms of physicality in the league only Chelsea come close to them imo.

6 minutes ago, sdb said:

By doing what he does every time. He surely can't believe his luck getting to play this guy twice a season every season. 6 points in the bag before a balls been kicked.

I wonder how moyes would do if Couchal was out and we had JJ....Cresswell and not Castagne,  Ogbanna and not Evans and Dawson out but we had Fofana?