Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

West Ham United 4-1 Leicester City - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Aside from Tielemens Ndidi and Ricardo, we were an absolute joke tonight.

We are in major trouble this season if we don’t get through the transfer window with Tielemens still here.

Fofana and Evans are so good and it showed tonight for the whole world to see.

Tielemans and Ndidi were totally dominated by West Ham's midfield. Both poor. They were all poor.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We are in major trouble this season if we don’t get through the transfer window with Tielemens still here.

I must have been watching a different game because the game I watched no one can take any credit tonight

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Your choosing that game to mock the anti-Rodgers brigade? That game highlighted every flaw he has. Stubborn, passive, pseudo-total football. 

Do I think we can do better than him? I don't know, but I look to teams like WHU who have David f**king Moyes in charge and wonder if somebody could shake this lot up and maybe coach some freedom into them.

I'll always mock the anti Rodger brigade.

In over 40 years of supporting the club, the league winning season aside, we've never been consistently as good in the top flight.

MON era was great, but we never staying within the top 4 for 2 seasons in a row, and we just won the FA Cup for the first time in our history.

Look at Chelsea last season losing to WBA and being played off the pitch in that one game. But that's it isn't it? One game.

Yes we have lost badly to West Ham last season too, so lessons not learned, but let's wait to judge him and the players after we've played more than just 2 games of the season shall we (we won the other lets not forget).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

I genuinely would like to know what the plan was tonight, assuming we had a plan? The painfully persistent mucking about at the back even at 0-0.. what were we trying to achieve? It was clear West Ham were waiting for us to come forward to then nick the ball...These are questions Rodgers obviously won't answer, but as fans I think we deserve an explanation tonight. It wouldn't matter who we had on the pitch, our tactics were diabolical. 

It's a common method clubs use to work the ball out of defence. You play the ball between the back 4/5 whilst moving up the pitch and baiting in the opposition, and leaving a hole to pass the ball into. Problem is West ham weren't falling for it. So we just looked stupid there really.

• Like 1

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

So we’re shit in defence , midfield and attack. We might just struggle this season if that’s the case.

Issue is the manager can't see it. That's the worry clever clogs. He bought two highly rated players who haven't had a look in and won't drop Vardy for one game to keep the opposition guessing. He insists on playing Perez but that's anyone's guess. But other than that yes if he picks the same formation and players.

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Any manager worth his salt will have looked at the David Moyes blueprint now, Ric. We are soft. 

Well yes, I don't disagree we aren't soft. There's a really erraticness to us and you can never be quite sure why we do it but it comes in bouts. 

This is a big few weeks for Brendan. He didn't get the hangover at the start of last season but a bad start this time around and he's really going to experience something he's not felt for many many years as a manager. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Other than scoring Tielemans had an absolute shocker....misplaced passes....get brushed off the ball....didn't show for the ball from defence...nearly cost us a goal in the first half...can't remember him playing that badly before

I don't mind possession based football but not at all costs! Rogers can and should employ a more direct attacking style when we come against teams like west ham. heck we should have learnt that lesson from the last two times we played them and this is a third time. I don't know maybe we are being too hard given we don't have our main guys in defense. We will get tested again for sure so time is running out to fix the problem.

What got me frustrated about tonight was that we didn’t seem to try and nullify their strength - utilizing a target man who is essentially a protein monster Ian Olmondroyd with a free weight gym programme. 

We need to urgently address this lack of physicality and lack of leadership at the back - though obviously it’s very unfortunate with the injury situation.

Is it time to manage Tielemans better? He looked knackered and hasn’t really had any time off for ages.

Lots wrong - and Norwich away now becomes a bigger game than it should be.

• Like 1

I honestly can't think of a word strong enough to describe that.

But you know what would be nice for once?  For us to look like we actually give a shit when things are going against us.  Once again we look like a team that can't stand each other.  No leadership, no passion, nobody organising, getting in peoples faces, dishing out bollockings...instead we looked like we wanted to throw the towel after the 1st goal. 

Why is it when we lose we seem to take an absolute ****ing pummelling?  How many times have we seen a display like this under Rodgers?  As successful as we've been this happens way too often.  Why does the opposition almost always look hungrier and more fired up than us?  We are weak physically and have an inferior mentality.  A small time small club mindset.  

Same old same old.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don’t get how you can be so negative, so defensive, show little attacking intent, have so much possession yet get slaughtered.

Negative and defensive - sitting back and holding the ball, aimlessly passing side to side between your defensive line.

Show little attacking intent - Refusing to play anything other than in front of your own box, scared to pass forward or go anywhere near the half way line, let alone over it.

61% possession in the first half - it’s what you do with it and we did **** all.

All those things considered I just can get my head around how we got dominated.

****ing pathetic and lessons that still havn’t been learnt after how long? We still keep coming back to these glaring issues.

On top of all that this is the 3rd time in a row West Ham have out-Leicestered (our old style) us, every single time we’ve played into their hands.

West Ham won’t have an easier game all season (Apart from when we play them again maybe).

As for Perez. Get rid please. It means we’ll need to go out and get a replacement but just get rid please. Infact just play KDH instead of Perez. I’m sick of the persistence of him - he’s been given far more time, far more patience and far more consistent starts than Gray ever was.

This is what really ****s me off and it's not even his fault. Brendan definitely has some obvious, obvious flaws. 

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

OK, contrary view. I thought it was a fascinating game until second half. We were threading some lovely balls first half between the lines. We looked the more elegant. They looked raw and hungry and dangerous. 

Soyuncu had a second half mare. Dan looked very decent. Thomas I just don't rate. Ricardo was dickie at times.good at.others. Wilf and Tilelemans had it tough but looked quality. Madders and Barnes looked dangerous.

Everything is going their way right now. Zero injuries. Big goals in tight games. It's just the way it rolls at times. We've had our rolls these last two years. 

Suck it up. Bitter defeat is good for the soul. And, I guarantee it. We'll finish above them. I'll drag up this quote late season!

Yes. It might have turned out a bit differently if our midfield (or Vardy) had actually managed a few decent first touches before Perez got sent off. Of course bad touches were exactly what West Ham were playing/pushing/hoping for, but plenty of them were unforced. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We will look back at this summer as the summer somebody looked daft enough to take Maddison off our hands for big money.

No one offered us any money for him

Wan_kers all round.

Only reason I stayed till 4-1 is I was at the pub and wife was buying.

I was thinking, "if only something would happen to perez so he cant play anymore.. BANG, red card and out for 3 games.:riyad:

Embarrassed for one game and it might well mean nothing come the end of the season but tonight it feels like we clearly didn't fancy it.

Credit to west ham who clearly did fancy it.

• Like 1

Wasn’t good enough from start to finish. Laboured playing the ball out from the back. West Ham happy to let us do this and slowly build up the pitch before hitting the space in behind us because we had absolutely no idea what to do. Tielemans and N’Didi looked like they were chasing shadows. Coufal v Thomas was man against boy and that really shown. Kasper put us in a lot of trouble with his kicks. Vardys awful attempt at a pass for the first goal. Soyuncu was absolutely woeful. Long aimless passes, never once looked as cool and assured as he normally does. Maddison jogging around like it’s a kick in a park. Barnes trying to run through blind alleys. They had a number and we had absolutely no answer. Changes made way too late. Ricardo and Amartey the only two that can come out of the game with any credit for me. 

• Like 2