Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

Every time I predict us to be pasted by Man City, we pull out a ridiculously easy win. 

Once again, we look pretty poor and timid atm and Man City are steam rolling teams already, so it's hard to see past a comfortable win for them. So we'll go and beat them 7-3 despite only having 4 shots on goals with 6 of the goals coming in a mad 15 minute period.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Every time I predict us to be pasted by Man City, we pull out a ridiculously easy win. 

Once again, we look pretty poor and timid atm and Man City are steam rolling teams already, so it's hard to see past a comfortable win for them. So we'll go and beat them 7-3 despite only having 4 shots on goals with 6 of the goals coming in a mad 15 minute period.

I like your thinking. However didn’t you say we win when you are pessimistic?  Seems like you’ve just secured a win for Man City. 

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I like your thinking. However didn’t you say we win when you are pessimistic?  Seems like you’ve just secured a win for Man City. 

Haha I am incredibly pessimistic, I think we're due a battering by them and now seems the perfect time.

2 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

numbers do lie. what a stupid statement lol

Go on? You’re not going to seriously tell me that you think world statistics are fabricated are you? If so, please write the response on a piece of paper and pop it in the recycling bin please. No time for the tin foil hat brigade today.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 20:14, Unabomber said:

It will still take the stewards an age and will heavily delay us getting in the ground. Also what about if your phone dies or if you’re an older boy who doesn’t have a smartphone? Also to add vaccines are a choice and to have a test still to get to a game is a backwards step imo. 

They were playing at doing it last time, security checking people on all entrances, there was a delay but only minor. 

Both games (PL and EL) are big and should motivate all our players to want to play. I'd play Vardy against the Abu Dhabi toy club since he likes scoring against them. Play him with Daka and that should provide a direct attacking threat against a team that will want to dominate possession. Play Albrighton on the wing, QPR, ManC are basically the same so that should give Daka his first PL goal. Then prioritize Nacho to start against Napoli with Lookman. Our Brighton game the week after is just as important to take into account. 

The formation should be free-form, like jazz... lol 

18 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

The formation should be free-form, like jazz... lol 

Hope they don't make us Dizzy, leaving us sitting on our Rheinhardt, needing a Monk for support, with our Armstrong in goal getting hit by their lead in their Hot Club, playing us like Grappelli. 

• Haha 2

Guest Col city fan
25 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

This one has the potential to be a proper battering. I do think we'll score, but they'll score several more: Can see this being 4-1, 5-2, something like that. 

Really hope I'm wrong. I'd be thrilled if we could do these again. 

Same here 

1-4 to Man City

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Have we learnt nothing in the last 50+ years? 

Regardless of the context for your comment, there is proof everywhere that we largely refuse to learn, and in many cases there is regressive learning - the refusal to accept expertise on anything by a sector of our populace is a damning indictment on those who abuse their influence in order to weaken & destabilise knowledge & security in those that are in most need of the truth.

• Like 1

I'm not normally an advocate of Vardy and Daka as a partnership as they both play the same role, but last year we played Barnes as second striker because we wanted the pace on the counter, and I see us going with the same strategy.

If we're sitting back in an attempt to "weather the storm" of Man City's initial onslaught, as it was described last year, it makes more sense to play Soumare instead of Maddison in the midfield 3, and have them more flat.

We will definitely be playing 3 at the back, but it's a mystery as to who is fit to do so. 

I'll assume Evans is fit, if not I'd expect to see a back 3 of

Amartey - Vestergaard - Soyuncu

Also going to assume that Ricardo and Bertrand are fit, and if not they'd be replaced by Castagne and Thomas.

So my 11 would be:

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Vestergaard - Evans - Soyuncu - Bertrand

Soumare - Ndidi - Tielemans

Daka - Vardy

That's a team that can do a job as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 3

The Premier League have announced that Paul Tierney will take charge of Manchester City's trip to the King Power Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

1 hour ago, Verumex said:

I'm not normally an advocate of Vardy and Daka as a partnership as they both play the same role, but last year we played Barnes as second striker because we wanted the pace on the counter, and I see us going with the same strategy.

If we're sitting back in an attempt to "weather the storm" of Man City's initial onslaught, as it was described last year, it makes more sense to play Soumare instead of Maddison in the midfield 3, and have them more flat.

We will definitely be playing 3 at the back, but it's a mystery as to who is fit to do so. 

Also going to assume that Ricardo and Bertrand are fit, and if not they'd be replaced by Castagne and Thomas.

So my 11 would be:

Schmeichel

Daka - Vardy

So why not play Barnes there again?

10 minutes ago, Claridge said:

So why not play Barnes there again?

Because Daka is faster, and more suited to playing the second striker position. 

Barnes was a creative solution to a problem, but with Daka's existence, that problem no longer exists.

2 hours ago, Verumex said:

So my 11 would be:

Schmeichel

Daka - Vardy

What if neither Evans nor Vestergaard is fit?

I'd Still play Barnes. He played badly in the last game and is therefore owed a good game or two.

Just now, foxfan92 said:

What if neither Evans nor Vestergaard is fit?

I'd Still play Barnes. He played badly in the last game and is therefore owed a good game or two.

Barnes is my favourite player in our squad right now, so I'm not hypothetically benching him lightly, but it's a matter of horses for courses. 

And good question. The big hope is that our full backs are fit, if they are then we have an alternative: 

Ricardo - Amartey - Soyuncu - Bertrand - Thomas

Or if Ricardo is out as well:

Amartey - Castagne - Soyuncu - Bertrand - Thomas

Needless to say, against one of the best teams in the world, that's not an ideal backline, but it wouldn't be a disaster. They're all capable players in those positions. 

20 minutes ago, Verumex said:

Barnes is my favourite player in our squad right now, so I'm not hypothetically benching him lightly, but it's a matter of horses for courses. 

And good question. The big hope is that our full backs are fit, if they are then we have an alternative: 

Ricardo - Amartey - Soyuncu - Bertrand - Thomas

Or if Ricardo is out as well:

Amartey - Castagne - Soyuncu - Bertrand - Thomas

Needless to say, against one of the best teams in the world, that's not an ideal backline, but it wouldn't be a disaster. They're all capable players in those positions. 

Let's just hope Thomas isn't one of the ones with Covid in the U23 camp....

On 05/09/2021 at 07:19, jerry said:

Sounds defeatist and maybe controversial but I would rest players for the Man City game  to play against Napoli  , on present form for both sides it could be damage limitation time.

Forget sounds. It is defeatist. lol

On 05/09/2021 at 02:49, pmcla26 said:

I’m not “anti vax” but no, this isn’t fair. 

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm just very uncomfortable with the threatening and discriminatory decision making thats being taken. This isn't a question about getting a vaccination or not, it's the treatment of those that for whatever reason don't have one and the complete disregard. This is completely unchartered territory in the way society is going to be handled and treated for many many decades.

I'm fully vaccinated but I don't like the threat that should I not prove that I am that I can't attend certain social events, it's a scary flex of control and freedom. It's threatening, like telling a kid they aren't having ice cream if they don't eat some over boiled broccoli. When has that sort of behaviour ever had a healthy and positive outcome? 

The happy medium to all this, baring in mind the overwhelming take up of the vaccine that far outweighed the government and scientists predictions is that if you don't get vaccinated as an adult then you still have to have a covid test to attend massive gatherings such as football matches.

The government and those associated with the pandemic should focus on clear and truthful messaging around us living our lives with this virus rather than take a threatening tone and get the backs up of society that could potentially be just as damaging to the remaining take up of the vaccine than if they went about it a different way. 

Anyone who thinks a two tiered society is an acceptable and prosperous way ahead with this is a helmet. Have we learnt nothing in the last 50+ years? 

2-1 Vardy brace

If someone's preference is nudity, that does not mean they can stroll through Morrison's naked (or at least I don't think they can, but who knows lol). Nothing against people's freedom to do with themselves and their health as they please, but it should not be at the cost of the health and lives of others who have not volunteered to play Russian Roulette with their own lives.

PS: Don't like "threatening" language either, so if it makes them feel any better the message can be delivered by clowns or by sexting - so long as the message is clear and unambiguous. Choices have consequences.

On the game, I will snap off a hand for a draw if offered! Come on yer foxes!  

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1