Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

13 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Thanks, that's very handy to know. I'm still being careful where I can, as are my family, but it's important to strike a healthy balance.

I'll send this to my folks, we tend swap notes on this because we think it is best to be up to date.

12 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

If someone's preference is nudity, that does not mean they can stroll through Morrison's naked (or at least I don't think they can, but who knows lol). Nothing against people's freedom to do with themselves and their health as they please, but it should not be at the cost of the health and lives of others who have not volunteered to play Russian Roulette with their own lives.

PS: Don't like "threatening" language either, so if it makes them feel any better the message can be delivered by clowns or by sexting - so long as the message is clear and unambiguous. Choices have consequences.

On the game, I will snap off a hand for a draw if offered! Come on yer foxes!  

😂 Nudity in public is illegal in almost all settings, choosing not to have a vaccine for whatever reason isn't and should never be illegal. Thankfully the overwhelming majority of adults have opted to take the vaccine and we have seen how beneficial this has been to preserving peoples lives and reducing hospital admissions but what the government's tactics now are pretty disgusting.

This isn't about protecting people from spreading covid, if it was they would have the viable alternative of providing a negative covid test to attend large events. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Verumex said:

Barnes is my favourite player in our squad right now, so I'm not hypothetically benching him lightly, but it's a matter of horses for courses. 

And good question. The big hope is that our full backs are fit, if they are then we have an alternative: 

Ricardo - Amartey - Soyuncu - Bertrand - Thomas

Or if Ricardo is out as well:

Amartey - Castagne - Soyuncu - Bertrand - Thomas

Needless to say, against one of the best teams in the world, that's not an ideal backline, but it wouldn't be a disaster. They're all capable players in those positions. 

God help us if we put that second back line out, if Man City are on good form.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

😂 Nudity in public is illegal in almost all settings, choosing not to have a vaccine for whatever reason isn't and should never be illegal. Thankfully the overwhelming majority of adults have opted to take the vaccine and we have seen how beneficial this has been to preserving peoples lives and reducing hospital admissions but what the government's tactics now are pretty disgusting.

This isn't about protecting people from spreading covid, if it was they would have the viable alternative of providing a negative covid test to attend large events. 

I don't think anyone is advocating that not being vaccinated should be made illegal.

Neither are most people sanctioning "threatening" government tactics. Nonetheless, it's not as if requiring (voluntary) vaccinations in particular situations is particularly new nor novel (eg, several vaccinations are required for travel to certain locations and even for entry into the UK from certain nations). Frankly, the primary reason this particular vaccination is being treated vastly different from most other vaccinations and is kicking up so much fuss is that it has become submerged in the political and ideological realm.

In the midst of the worst public health crises in a century, much as one would need a ticket to access the KP on match days, Covid vaccination (or alternatively a negative test) should effectively become a 'ticket' to access large public events while this pandemic subsists, except for health or such other exemptions. That should substantially satisfy 'competing' public interests - people can exercise their freedom to place their own health in jeopardy without infringing on the rights of others who have elected not to do so.  

Personally, I am glad that we live in a society and culture where we are free to ignore public health guidelines in the midst of a debilitating public health crises, but the consequences of that freedom should not be visited upon others. Missing a live footy game or two, where the consequences is putting the health and/or lives of others in substantial risk (and therein undermining the equal freedom of those persons not to put their own health at risk), is a rather small toll to ensure everyone's individual freedoms is meaningful.  

Anyway, enough of that. LET'S GET BACK TO FOOTY!

Edited by NaijaFox

17 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

Could proper do with Harvey B slamming in a Ping Daddy, know what I mean?

Proper Yeboah pant bulger.

Walking away with three points and sipping a few lagers.

You must know what I mean?

Ping Daddy. Pant Bulger. Lagers.

Lads?

He's due one.

10 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

I don't think anyone is advocating that not being vaccinated should be made illegal.

Neither are most people sanctioning "threatening" government tactics. Nonetheless, it's not as if requiring (voluntary) vaccinations in particular situations is particularly new nor novel (eg, several vaccinations are required for travel to certain locations and even for entry into the UK from certain nations). Frankly, the primary reason this particular vaccination is being treated vastly different from most other vaccinations and is kicking up so much fuss is that it has become submerged in the political and ideological realm.

In the midst of the worst public health crises in a century, much as one would need a ticket to access the KP on match days, Covid vaccination (or alternatively a negative test) should effectively become a 'ticket' to access large public events while this pandemic subsists, except for health or such other exemptions. That should substantially satisfy 'competing' public interests - people can exercise their freedom to place their own health in jeopardy without infringing on the rights of others who have elected not to do so.  

Personally, I am glad that we live in a society and culture where we are free to ignore public health guidelines in the midst of a debilitating public health crises, but the consequences of that freedom should not be visited upon others. Missing a live footy game or two, where the consequences is putting the health and/or lives of others in substantial risk (and therein undermining the equal freedom of those persons not to put their own health at risk), is a rather small toll to ensure everyone's individual freedoms is meaningful.  

Anyway, enough of that. LET'S GET BACK TO FOOTY!

Talk about first world issues haha debating over covid vaccines, something millions and maybe even billions would die for around the world. If you want to talk about 

politicization, it's the fact that a big part of the globe won't receive it and lots of westerners aren't even taking it! I'm not saying it should be obligatory but if you want to do certain things in society like go to a football match you need it. Without a doubt 

• Like 2

Will Brendan persist with Maddison for this game ? More than likely. Would like to see him change it up though, there's no need to persist with players out of form when others are competing for places. Nothing personal against Maddison, but isn't this the reason we have a squad? 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, filbertway said:

I love that theh opted to play the cb at rb and the rb at cb

They're both primarily right backs who can play as centre back. I put Castange in the middle of the line as I feel he's more defensively solid, but the reverse would also work. Although neither is a backline that inspires confidence.

7 minutes ago, Verumex said:

They're both primarily right backs who can play as centre back. I put Castange in the middle of the line as I feel he's more defensively solid, but the reverse would also work. Although neither is a backline that inspires confidence.

Amartey is absolutely not a right back haha. We pushed him out there after also trying him at DM, but he's so very obviously clearly a CB.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Amartey is absolutely not a right back haha. We pushed him out there after also trying him at DM, but he's so very obviously clearly a CB.

Plays his international football as CB (very successfully), so totally agree. Brilliant player to have around.

34 minutes ago, Verumex said:

I'm very surprised you'd put them that way around. Castagne is a RB/RWB who we tried to shoehorn into a back 3 due to injuries, and he didn't look comfortable there. Amartey's best as a CB, but can do a job as a RB.

Edited by Raw Dykes

50 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

Will Brendan persist with Maddison for this game ? More than likely. Would like to see him change it up though, there's no need to persist with players out of form when others are competing for places. Nothing personal against Maddison, but isn't this the reason we have a squad? 

I'd be very surprised if Soumare or KDH doesn't come in for Maddison in this.

• Like 1