Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be very surprised if Soumare or KDH doesn't come in for Maddison in this.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go 3 at the back. Hate playing these at home. Long periods of the game without the ball with 3 attackers. Death. 

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be very surprised if Soumare or KDH doesn't come in for Maddison in this.

It would be sensible to give Tielemans a well-earned rest. He is not at his best and not surprising given the number of minutes he has played in the last year.. Will Rodgers do that? No he won't. He has to trust his squad players to deputise even when a player is not injured.

39 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm very surprised you'd put them that way around. Castagne is a RB/RWB who we tried to shoehorn into a back 3 due to injuries, and he didn't look comfortable there. Amartey's best as a CB, but can do a job as a RB.

I believe they can both do the job required in either role, and as it seems to be a controversial issue, anyone can feel free to swap them around. 

If we ever see a lineup like that anyway we know we've reached the worst case scenario. 

1 minute ago, Verumex said:

I believe they can both do the job required in either role, and as it seems to be a controversial issue, anyone can feel free to swap them around. 

If we ever see a lineup like that anyway we know we've reached the worst case scenario. 

I guess they can both do the job in either role, but I think they're both clearly miles better suited to the opposite roles to the way around you put them. I'd say Castagne is best as a RB, and Amartey is best as a CB. Can you picture Amartey playing as a RWB? Or Castagne as a CB in a back 4?

34 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It would be sensible to give Tielemans a well-earned rest. He is not at his best and not surprising given the number of minutes he has played in the last year.. Will Rodgers do that? No he won't. He has to trust his squad players to deputise even when a player is not injured.

...as you said, he will not drop Tielemans, but Maddison will be a more realistic option!!!

With 5-4-1 with the Wing Backs staying at home and with Wilf and Tielemans in the middle and Barnes and Albrighton out wide. He will need creativity coming from somewhere, so cannot afford to leave him out.

If he has to make a substitution for Maddison, that is one option taken off the bench that Rodgers really cannot afford to make. Lookman coming on for Barnes and Daka for Vardy ties Rodgers hands, as their would be no further options, but to change the formation in the latter stages.

52 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

There's a time and place to rest Tielemans, it isn't in this game.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Have a feeling Jonny, Vestegaard and Ricky P play 👀

:fc: will have to do. Where's an image of Jesus praying when you need it.

Edited by SO1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us go 3 at the back. Hate playing these at home. Long periods of the game without the ball with 3 attackers. Death. 

This. Playing these can be very boring quite frankly. I hope we'll be a bit more enterprising than we were in the home game last season when we basically accepted a 2-0 defeat. The best way to beat them is to sit deep and hit them on the break with pace. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Have a feeling Jonny, Vestegaard and Ricky P play 👀

How can jonny be fit to play in a game of this intensity ?

id also question others suggestion that bouba is given a start - that’s hardly a gentle introduction to the prem !  Brendan has already said he doesn’t want to throw him in at the deep end ……

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Does anybody trust the club to get these spot checks right? They can't handle a League Cup game without queues snaking back to Raw Dykes Rd.

That’s not necessary the clubs fault that people tend to not know where to be or try to enter 5 mins before kickoff, premier league games tend to be fine queue wise 

On 06/09/2021 at 18:33, Verumex said:

Because Daka is faster, and more suited to playing the second striker position. 

Barnes was a creative solution to a problem, but with Daka's existence, that problem no longer exists.

And has zero experience of the premier league, crazy if Rodgers starts him in this game. Zero chance of it happening.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-man-city-fifa-ban-5885542

'Manchester City are facing an anxious wait over key duo Ederson and Gabriel Jesus ahead of their clash against Leicester City amid fears they could be banned this weekend.'

Their bench is notoriously poor, so this a big blow for them. Not.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-man-city-fifa-ban-5885542

'Manchester City are facing an anxious wait over key duo Ederson and Gabriel Jesus ahead of their clash against Leicester City amid fears they could be banned this weekend.'

Their bench is notoriously poor, so this a big blow for them. Not.

Wouldn't weaken them much at all. Jesus not a regular starter and their no 2 keeper Steffen has looked impressive when he's played. 

• Thanks 1