Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

31 minutes ago, turlo said:

Who else have they got who can play up front if Jesus is out? Sterling?

Jesus has been playing out wide so far this season with Torres through the middle so will probably be Sterling or Mahrez coming in. 

I think Foden is about back to fitness to isnt he. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

Ederson will be a big miss for them. He starts a lot of their play…. Gabriel Jesus normally bags against us too.  

Spot on.

Normally we'd be telling our front players not to bother pressing Ederson, but with Carson in goal it might encourage us to hunt the ball down from time to time, and also get our backline pushed up a bit as Ederson isn't there to ping accurate 70 yard passes all game.

Edited by martyn

I feel as though over the years we’ve done quite well against City on the whole.

Hopefully we’re brave at the right times and get at City, especially if Carson is in goal.

Looking forwards to getting back either way, 3pm on a Saturday - you beauty!

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Significantly increases our chances of getting something, but they’re arguably still favourites. Still plenty of world class players there, and we are in shite form. 

True, but for some odd reason we tend to turn up against city. And Pep just can’t get his team to handle Vardy….. Ederson missing is huge, we need to be brave like we were at their place last season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

True, but for some odd reason we tend to turn up against city. And Pep just can’t get his team to handle Vardy….. Ederson missing is huge, we need to be brave like we were at their place last season. 

Our system on the ball isn’t hugely dissimilar to theirs when we play games in which we dominate possession, but against them we just counter. Last season it went particularly well. 

I hope we see Daka, but suspect he is being saved for a start vs Napoli in Europa. 

20 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Wasn’t it Rodri who moaned after we beat them 5-2 last season that we did nothing? Twat. 
Also had KDB criticising us for just defending after they beat us 2 nil at home. 
I love the fact we still get under the skin of these mega rich clubs who just expect us to let them beat us 5 or 6 nil. 

Strange that, I counted at least 5 things 🤣🤣

Soyuncu sent off for turkey last(?) night. Not having a good start to the season  We're really needing  everyone to up the levels if we want a win. I'll have convinced myself this is what will definitely happen by about Saturday lunchtime I think