Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

So far this season we have statistically been the most ineffective team in the league on the ball. Confirming what many of us see watching the game. Completing lots of passes but not creating shooting opportunities...

C9721099-7556-41B8-AAE0-E05FD0F85C5B.jpeg

Hahaha. Man it's good to see a graphic back up how horrendous the football has been for nearly 9 months.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

True, but for some odd reason we tend to turn up against city. And Pep just can’t get his team to handle Vardy….. Ederson missing is huge, we need to be brave like we were at their place last season. 

....a goal keeper adept with coming off his line and playing effectively as a sweeper negates Vardy to some degree!!!

If their keeper stays at home and relies on his defence it will allow the ball out of defence or over the top from Albrighton to be more effective.

1 hour ago, whitlock said:

I feel as though over the years we’ve done quite well against City on the whole.

Hopefully we’re brave at the right times and get at City, especially if Carson is in goal.

Looking forwards to getting back either way, 3pm on a Saturday - you beauty!

*Man City

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Significantly increases our chances of getting something, but they’re arguably still favourites. Still plenty of world class players there, and we are in shite form. 

With the greatest of respect, there’s no ‘arguably’ about it! Man C start as favourites every game they play, rightly so

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Ederson will be a big miss for them. He starts a lot of their play…. Gabriel Jesus normally bags against us too.  

Very good point re Ederson. Easier said than done but we need to press Carson and try to make him kick long or force errors from him as he won't be as good at playing out as Ederson. It was noticeable in the Community Shield how often we got turnovers in their half in the absence of Ederson. His ability to play from the back is crucial to them securing their mind numbing control of games.

So far this season we have statistically been the most ineffective team in the league on the ball. Confirming what many of us see watching the game. Completing lots of passes but not creating shooting opportunities...

I reckon back in my youth id look at this and within 2 seconds flat id understand all of it no bother.

Now, I'm sat 10 minutes in staring into the abyss of pretty coloured dots and football team names lol

• Haha 2

1200 of these passes were probably between Amartey and Soyuncu.

• Like 1

I'll take a win here. I think we'll play with lookman on the RW if BR judges him ready. My only cause for concern is our full backs when man city counter down the channels. Bertrand will be pivotal in this game as will RP if he's fit.

Guest Danny Clender
23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be very surprised if Soumare or KDH doesn't come in for Maddison in this.

come on….you really wouldn’t.

You genuinely should be, but if / when it does, I doubt it. 

Do you think we all have a different opinion on Kevin De Haller and Soumare compared to Brenno? (Genuine question)

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is Ricardo back for this? 

I think we are still waiting to hear on Ricardo, Vestergaard and Evans (personally I think Evans is unlikely to be fit)

Also still not confirmed whether Bertrand is available 

And of course being the international break, there is bound to be someone else ruled out by injury/Covid 

All of which makes it rather difficult for us to speculate about the team!

• Like 2