Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

14 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I'll take a win here. I think we'll play with lookman on the RW if BR judges him ready. My only cause for concern is our full backs when man city counter down the channels. Bertrand will be pivotal in this game as will RP if he's fit.

Brendan doesn’t chuck new signings in. Lookman will not start. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Man City will be missing Jesus, de Bruyne, Ederson, and Steffen, and maybe some others I can't think of. Feeling weirdly optimistic for a result.

KDB is supposed to be available (as is foden) though not match fit so could be on the bench. the ederson/Jesus duo could run and run through till tomorrow afternoon. 

9 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We beat them 5-2 last time playing defensively

You dont score 5 goals against one of the greatest teams in the world playing defensively.

Stats show teams that defend and play defensively nick a goal to win with roughly 2 or 3 shots.

So maybe we wasn't playing as defensively as you think

Edited by Fox85

16 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I'll take a win here. I think we'll play with lookman on the RW if BR judges him ready. My only cause for concern is our full backs when man city counter down the channels. Bertrand will be pivotal in this game as will RP if he's fit.

No chance that BR will start Lookman. He'll trot out the usual about him needing to build up fitness, etc, which might of course be fair given that he hasn't played a competitive game since last season 

33 minutes ago, DezFox said:

I would imagine that the Brazilians will play as normal. It would be interesting to see if it were us they had players banned. Doubt it would be the same outcome. 

well we know that Richarlison will be playing as Brazil have excluded him from the request to ban but If the rest did what would be the punishment as they would be fielding “ineligible” players 

12 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can we wait for the match to start before whining about the style of play, or is that asking too much

This is Foxestalk, Peaky.

Does that answer your question?

I can't be arsed to post in the post match thread so can someone just copy and paste one of these in for me after the game?

1. 'Brendan Masterclass. We're lucky to have a manager like him. Barnes is back on form and Cags absolutely bossed it. Top 4 finish looks on. What a team!'

2. 'Brendan needs to go. It isn't working. Cags is a bomb scare and Barnes can't shoot. Seriously thinking about handing my season ticket back. Also, what is it with the way Maddison dresses? He thinks he's Beckham. Get rid'.

• Haha 3

One thing you cannot do against these is to allow them to play out from the back.  Unfortunately we do every time.  We stand off them try to hold a defensive shape and they simply pass it around us.  I would like for a change for us to press them from the front dont allow them to play out.

Rogers will revert to type though.  It will appear we only have Vardy up front.

Apart from the 5 2 (a freak result) we always in my opinion, show these too much respect.  

They're too good to press, especially when the press is generally half arsed from us. What we need to do is cut out the stupid passing around when they've got all 10 outfield players camped in our half. As soon as we win the ball back, we should be looking to move the ball forwards as quickly as possible into the massive gaps they leave behind them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Last season Utd. crowded them out, dominated them physically and quite frankly made them look ordinary. Never play the way Guardiola wants you to play , Chelsea have worked them out and Spurs did the same. They are good but not that good.

this.  spot on

We royally pissed them off last season by cutting off their supply line in to Rodri, it completely disrupted them and they surprisingly didn't alter their approach to overcome that. Rodri's comments were a thing of beauty after, salt and vinegar.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Last season Utd. crowded them out, dominated them physically and quite frankly made them look ordinary. Never play the way Guardiola wants you to play , Chelsea have worked them out and Spurs did the same. They are good but not that good.

This is where you'd want a more physical box to box type midfielder to come in like Soumare or KDH.