Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

3 hours ago, Shane said:

We will get overrun if we play Tielemans, Ndidi & Maddison in midfield.

Hopefully Soumare or KDH get a chance. Their work rate / physicality will be very important for this match. 

agree but you know that’s not what Brendan will do. If he picks Maddison I’ll do my nut

Guest Danny Clender
5 hours ago, Innovindil said:

If Spurs can shithouse a 1-0 against em, so can we. :cool:

Exactly...which was only 14 days ago.

Guest Danny Clender
7 hours ago, Koke said:

I honestly would rest some key players for this. Napoli 5 days later is far more important. 

"far more important" you go what?

Please, elaborate why you think the Napoli game is "far more important" and which players would you rest? 

You sound over hyped to me.

Guest Danny Clender

If....IF...we have Evans and Vestergaard back for this and both in proper shape, we'll have a great chance for this game.

Evans should sort out the Soyuncu conundrum.

Hopefully Ricardo's available and able to run free.

And hopefully Brendan's finished reading Soumare and Daka's instruction manuals.

If the same team play as for the last few games I'm not going to bother listening...just tell me when it's over 😭

(I honestly think losing lil wes has totally derailed what was shaping up to be another amazing season...I'm so depressed 😭)

• Like 1

Selection will be interesting as we have 6 games in 19 days from September 11th. It’s rotation time! So we go Man City Saturday 11th, Napoli Thursday 16th, Brighton Sunday 19th.  

I presume Soumare, Daka, Bertrand, KDH, Kelechi and hopefully Evans and Vestergaard will start at least one of those games

• Like 1

Schmeichel

Castagne   Vestergaard  Soyuncu    Bertrand

Ndidi

Tielemans      KDH

Daka    Iheanacho    Barnes 

Presuming Evans and Ricardo injured.

The middle 3 gives us a nice solid base.

Iheanacho can drop deep and link with the midfield, pace of Daka and Barnes can run in behind. All 3 can rotate positions.

1 hour ago, escape2victory said:

Schmeichel

Castagne   Vestergaard  Soyuncu    Bertrand

Ndidi

Tielemans      KDH

Daka    Iheanacho    Barnes 

Presuming Evans and Ricardo injured.

The middle 3 gives us a nice solid base.

Iheanacho can drop deep and link with the midfield, pace of Daka and Barnes can run in behind. All 3 can rotate positions.

How can you not play vardy vs pep's man city, top scorer against them

Edited by honeybradger

Hopefully can make some changes to the defence for this with maybe evans,vestagard and Bertrand hopefully available. I think with some players Rodgers probably wanted to give a few games to prove themselves before letting the new lads start. Hopefully soumare 

kasper

defence who ever is fit x 4

ndidi youri soumare

daka nacho vardy 

I know it won’t be but could cause them problems with pace if used the  this as a front 3

Must win

AND swap the kop for the family stand.

And get some decent veggie food in the concourse.

But we could pull off a 2-1or get crushed 1-6!

Edited by Raj
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

If....IF...we have Evans and Vestergaard back for this and both in proper shape, we'll have a great chance for this game.

Evans should sort out the Soyuncu conundrum.

Hopefully Ricardo's available and able to run free.

And hopefully Brendan's finished reading Soumare and Daka's instruction manuals.

No chance Ricardo will have recovered for this.. and no chance that Evans will be match fit either!

Biggest clutching at straws since Aunt Sally gave Wurzel Gummidge a handjob.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Selection will be interesting as we have 6 games in 19 days from September 11th. It’s rotation time! So we go Man City Saturday 11th, Napoli Thursday 16th, Brighton Sunday 19th.  

I presume Soumare, Daka, Bertrand, KDH, Kelechi and hopefully Evans and Vestergaard will start at least one of those games

I know we’re a bit threadbare in defence atm but I honestly can’t wait for this. Games every three days until basically February is just a dream