Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If Man City don't play a traditional striker, why on earth do people think 5 at the back is the way to go here?

Because Rodgers has shown he either wants to use a 4231 or a 352.

A 352 is the only way of him realistically getting 2 strikers on the pitch.

I've got to be honest though, I'm more excited for the Napoli game, as I think there he has to start Soumare/Daka and we will see more rotation.

He can keep using the 'I don't want to throw them into the deep end' narrative, but they played in Europe last season and we didn't.

However he lines up against Man City, he can't afford to start Maddison based on our opponents or his form.

• Like 1

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Surely they are breaching UK covid laws not FIFA laws

They players didn't travel. It's Brazilian FA trying to stop them from playing as punishment for not attending their international fixtures. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, turlo said:

not seen this reported anywhere else yet..

image.png.45c143ac7d68147c3f25b27338bd42f7.png

https://twitter.com/City_Chief/status/1436304651524218881?s=20

Also being reported in the mainstream press. Key detail:

"The 20 Premier League clubs had a conference call on Thursday and it was decided the league would take no action against clubs if they were to play the 'banned' players."

Premier League clubs 'to defy ban'

Edited by ClaphamFox

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd agree if we had defenders fit and on form but we don't. However we have 4 very dynamic midfielders fit and on form.

Great point.

We had great success against Man City last season playing 5 at the back, but that's when we had Evans and JJ available. Puel beat Pep a few seasons ago playing 433 / 451, which might be the better way to go.

o4tSisn.png

I can definitely see the argument for going 5 at the back though, because it's worked against Pep many times before.

• Like 1

If you watch MC recent two wins most if not all  of the damage is done on the right with the ball over or between the wing back and centre mid cut back/cross and goal Its blinding obvious they are looking for it all the time and will try on the left although less so.  Mahrez came on last game and set up three chances from there in a few minutes.

So cut that out and we win simple.  Ok Bren

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Is that Ben Nelson or Ronny Nelson who we've had on trial from Gillingham? I didn't look like Ben to me and I thought he was out injured for a few months.

Neither I think. Squad no. is 62 which is Lewis Brunt.

You're right B.Nelson is injured, hopefully back sooner than a few months though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

"The 20 Premier League clubs had a conference call on Thursday and it was decided the league would take no action against clubs if they were to play the 'banned' players."

Now FIFA knows that the Premier League might also not release players for an Olympic-year World Cup if it goes biennial. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I'm afraid to say that they do offer a lot more width than full backs in a diamond. Their starting position is higher and wider for starters and then they have a wide centre half behind them who can cover across and defend the wide areas too. A diamond is usually a possession based formation for where you are going to dominate the ball and look to play short passes in the midfield - something that isn't going to happen often against these lot. 

It's a good idea just wrong game to try it.

But that width from the centre halves actually reduces the compactness in the centre. It all depends where we feel we need to cut off the supply lines from. I think Man City would be very hampered by us having nowhere to go through the lines with a midfield 4 that can interchange in how they operate. I'd also picture Ndidi dropping in as a 3rd CB on occasion if Man City got in through the channels.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Bold move. Could be our easiest 3-0 win ever. 

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

And this NHS app, I guess you download and put your details in and it brings up your vaccine details?

It's all linked to your NHS account.

But it requires a login everytime. My phone is an old slow iPhone 5 so that'll be fun if I was to get stopped. Probably take me half hour to load it and login.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

You have to record a selfie video saying numbers 

I feel for the thousands of people who think they can get it done tomorrow morning. I didn't get approval for several hours and I did it on some random weekday a couple of months ago before anyone wanted to see it.

50 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

But it requires a login everytime. My phone is an old slow iPhone 5 so that'll be fun if I was to get stopped. Probably take me half hour to load it and login.

Can you not download a PDF? Btw tomorrow if you don't have the info they're letting you in anyway.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Might be an idea to take screenshot for back up.

• Like 2

I applied for a paper pass from NHS website, to say double vaccinated. Don’t need to update after so many days like with online app. Does mean you have a folded bit of paper to take with you though.  But it arrived in the post in a couple days. 

Edited by Lestagirl

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Can you not download a PDF? Btw tomorrow if you don't have the info they're letting you in anyway.

18 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Might be an idea to take screenshot for back up.

Both good shouts.

But yeah I'm not worried. Club always bang on about stuff but then never act on it. 

6 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

I applied for a paper pass from NHS website, to say double vaccinated. Don’t need to update after so many days like with online app. Does mean you have a folded bit of paper to take with you though.  But it arrived in the post in a couple days. 

Yeah I've got one as well. Not sure how easy it will be to use mind when the stewards will have just been told to expect apps.

• Like 1