Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He can also prove his worth in training. In early 2019, Iheanacho missed 5 match day squads in a row, including our 9-0 win against Southampton. But in training he kept working hard and applying himself. Eventually he got given a chance as a sub against Everton where he played out of his mind and scored the winner. Brendan himself said that Nacho didn't get disgruntled or upset and kept proving himself behind closed doors. He did it again last season when his goals saved our season.

Now we've got a deep squad, there should be competition for places. If you aren't performing, a player who is should play instead. This is why Man City have like 7 different wingers.

Oh I quite agree. The training pitch is where you make your mark first. However, nothing compares to real matches which provide probably the last 5% of sharpness needed for a player like Maddison. Personally I’d drop him, but equally I can understand Brendan’s thinking on this. 

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think a midfield 4 of Ndidi, Soumare, KDH and Tielemans would be a real problem for them to deal break down and then keep track of on the counter with Vardy one of Iheanacho/Daka/Barnes. That would be my team with the back 4 of Bertrand, Soyuncu, Evans and Ricardo

It's not going to happen though is it ?

48 minutes ago, NasPb said:

cant stand guardiola, every comment he makes sounds so fake. his praise almost seems like an insult after a while.

Was worse when they were beating us and he put his arm around Rodgers.

People complain about Klopp moaning but Guardiola is just as bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think a midfield 4 of Ndidi, Soumare, KDH and Tielemans would be a real problem for them to deal break down and then keep track of on the counter with Vardy one of Iheanacho/Daka/Barnes. That would be my team with the back 4 of Bertrand, Soyuncu, Evans and Ricardo

In that formation how would you deploy the midfield 4? Would it be a flat 4 or a diamond? 

On 08/09/2021 at 21:43, Fox85 said:

I think you will find that Man City strughle against teams that actually press them.

However if you want a defensive mindset against them they will stick 5 past us.

I'd definitely dispute that unless the team in question is Liverpool. Most teams that beat us do it by sitting back and countering effectively, which is our big weakness. Usually when teams try and press us we do well.

24 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Vardy lives in Pep's head rent free. He has nightmares of him leaving John Stones in a heap on the floor.

Anyway Pep its a cheese and ham omelette and a Red Bull when you're on the Vardy diet, not soup. Get it right you bald weapon.

Yep. I've always thought if Vardy was a bit younger Pep would have bid for him.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It's all linked to your NHS account.

But it requires a login everytime. My phone is an old slow iPhone 5 so that'll be fun if I was to get stopped. Probably take me half hour to load it and login.

Sort it before and take a screenshot. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Was worse when they were beating us and he put his arm around Rodgers.

People complain about Klopp moaning but Guardiola is just as bad.

Pep is the worst. He's passive aggressive. Remember what he did to Nathan Redmond. Great manager but a bit annoying in various aspects 

• Like 1