Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

Rob and run football tomorrow for me. Press from the front, move the ball quickly on the counter. Think we saw that down here before somewhere? 

Kasper

Ricardo  Amartey Cags Bertrand 

Soumare Ndidi Tielemans 

Lookman      Vardy     Barnes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Pep named them I think. I don’t think he had any intentions not to play them, such is the sheer arrogance of them. 

If two of your key players are likely to be cleared to play and you have no reason not to name them, what's the problem?

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Would love to see what would happen if it was Leicester and a few other ‘lesser’ clubs in the same position.

It so happens that City, Leeds, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton and United are the six PL clubs who got players called up to the Brazilian squad this international break. That makes sense; Brazil is a hard squad to get into so most of the players called up were always going to come from 'top' clubs. If theoretically the only PL players getting call-ups for Brazil all played for clubs outside the 'big six' (an absurd term these days), I think the outcome would have been the same. 

It's in the interest of all 20 clubs right now to set a precedent that nations can't just pick and choose which of their players they want to ban from international duty, given that the rule was clearly not designed with a worldwide pandemic in mind, it's there to stop clubs from releasing players for things like AFCoN. 

Certainly one theory is that City somehow bribed Brazil into giving us our players back on behalf of the other five clubs, but IMO a much simpler explanation is that the Premier League just put its foot down because it as a collective knew that there wasn't much Brazil could do about it. Whether that's right or wrong is another question.

Edited by MCFC
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

Is this the game that Ederson finally gets sent off for clattering Barnes or Vardy?!?

Possibly but Man City would either pay the rule off or the league would waive it as they've got no bollocks to go through with things when it regards teams like Man City so he's allowed to stay on the pitch

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Would love to see what would happen if it was Leicester and a few other ‘lesser’ clubs in the same position. Same as FFP, same as everything else in football. 

Nothing personal, but your club is a disgrace to the sport. Money talks though...

Didn't all 20 clubs agree to it, so can't say it was a special rule for the "big" teams.

6 hours ago, MCFC said:

It's in the interest of all 20 clubs right now to set a precedent that nations can't just pick and choose which of their players they want to ban from international duty, given that the rule was clearly not designed with a worldwide pandemic in mind, it's there to stop clubs from releasing players for things like AFCoN. 

Surely, you mean "not releasing" players...

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough, my opinion will change if things are crap re COVID and ours/the rest of the leagues AFCON players get the same treatment. 

I just think that a lot of these Brazilian players are top footballers (which they have to be in order to get in that squad) in comparison to others from other, lower-ranked nations, who I feel it’s less likely that they would get the same exemptions applied. 

if Brazil have waived their objection then have Paraguay, Columbia and Mexico?  These have players outside the big six.  will FIFA ignore their cases?

28 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Didn't all 20 clubs agree to it, so can't say it was a special rule for the "big" teams.

Yes - it was a collective decision made looking forward as whilst it was Brazil this time, next time it could be Nigeria or Belgium and we could lose out 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Is this the game that Ederson finally gets sent off for clattering Barnes or Vardy?!?

No mate its one of the new rules. Won't even go to VAR check. But if Gabrielle De Jesus Christ IV so much as feels an arm hair near him he's free to go down and win a penalty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2