Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

13 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

It really depends what Man City team turns up today.

We'll either beat them, or we will get absolutely slaughtered.  I dont see that there is a middle ground.

I'm hoping for the first, and we are more than capable of it, but I think our performances thus far have been far from convincing.

Man City are the kind of team that make something out of nothing, the last thing we need is Soyunchu gifting opportunities on a plate, something which he's been great at so far. 

The thought of Armatey & Soyunchu holding the line is horrifying. 

9 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I'd be amazed if we get anything out of this game going 3 5 2

51 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

My brother in law is a new season ticket holder and can't make the game today so has offered me his tickets. 

He lives hours away, so I can't physically get his tickets.  How does it work?? Will I need to scan something?? I'm sure you clever lot will know!

Try the ticket resale platform and get in quick! Might not be time now. Dunno. 

Tell him to give more notice next time. I hate seeing empty seats. 

9 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Especially given that they sacked Mancini the season after he had won their first top division title since 1968!

We should just chant the same song back to them.

Didn’t give Pellegrini that long either. Should use both in the chant

Mancini, whoa ho

Pellegrini, whoa ho ho ho….

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Try the ticket resale platform and get in quick! Might not be time now. Dunno. 

Tell him to give more notice next time. I hate seeing empty seats. 

His son tested positive for covid this morning. It wasn't a planned absence!

All sorted though. We are going!!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Unlikely 

the PL clubs have agreed that they won’t place any sanctions on clubs at the behest of fifa.  So I guess clubs will select their players as there is nothing on the flip side 

...you would have thought there was an agreement throughout the various federations that there was an acceptance of the sanctions to be applied!!!

Why would a country arbitrarily seek to do this, as they would have no control in what the players club chose to do. It just makes no sense that this was a stand alone agreement and it must have been an accepted sanction of which the F.A. are choosing to ignore, as they fear any confrontation with the larger clubs, and once again find themselves up against Man. City who they constantly backdown to. 

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think we do, especially as Mancini conveniently fits the song in place of Ranieri. Perhaps they are taking the pee out of themselves. Or just a bit thick. 

Yeah they’re the only club that do it. So strange, with no sense of irony about Mancini or Pellegrini. 

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

i know. 

Wish Dan had someone decent with him :ph34r:

I actually have more faith in Armatey at the minute.

He seems to know the limit of his ability. Yes he makes a few suicide passes, but generally he does what's needed and keeps it fairly simple.

Soyunchu seems to think he's Puyol and it's disastrous. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MCFC said:

Certainly one theory is that City somehow bribed Brazil into giving us our players back on behalf of the other five clubs, but IMO a much simpler explanation is that the Premier League just put its foot down because it as a collective knew that there wasn't much Brazil could do about it. Whether that's right or wrong is another question.

Edited 9 hours ago by MCFC

....the F.A. has no backbone...!!!

No one is saying that there was a bribe, but it is a weak and ineffective Association and has been for years. 

24 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I do hope Brendan doesnt do his normal and start the same team that played at Norwich.  I really hope Vestergard, Bertrand or even Evans come into that backline.  Thought of the oil barons forward line running at both Soyuncu and Armatey frightens the life out of me.

I think he has to change it today*, this is an entirely different challenge to Norwich. 

* Probably won’t. 

38 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

I do hope Brendan doesnt do his normal and start the same team that played at Norwich.  I really hope Vestergard, Bertrand or even Evans come into that backline.  Thought of the oil barons forward line running at both Soyuncu and Armatey frightens the life out of me.

Vestergaard and Evans are still out as far as I’m aware

1 hour ago, Blue717 said:

The only option is to get his card. I’ve given people mine in previous years and I’ve called the ticket office for them to print off paper ticket for him to collect. However like others have said, we have no ticket office now and I don’t think the phone lines are open on a Saturday. 

....would the best idea be to state which town where the Brother -in-law lives!!!

You could them ask the brother-in-law if it is ok to furnish his address and a FT member could be DM to collect and meet up at the ground. It would save a lot of hassle, and as we have FT members around the globe, I would be pretty sure someone is off to the match today. When you say long way away how far away is he.

nb.

Noticed now sorted, hope you have a great day.

Edited by sacreblueits442

I really would like to get one over these again today, To show the world that we really have arrived on the big stage.

It's going to be difficult with so many returning from injury etc.

Right now I'd take a Draw. But I do believe we can win this if the attitudes are right. 

15 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Vestergaard and Evans are still out as far as I’m aware

Have heard Vestergaard will play today with Soyuncu. Late test for Ricardo,  otherwise:

Kasper

Castagne Vestegaard Soyuncu Bertrand

Ndidi Tielemans

Barnes Maddison Albrighton

Vardy

3 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Have heard Vestergaard will play today with Soyuncu. Late test for Ricardo,  otherwise:

Kasper

Ndidi Tielemans

Vardy

Interesting. I heard he was training but not match fit.

We need to use Kelechi more. I’d start him if I had the choice.

Edited by phoneticerror

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....would the best idea be to state which town where the Brother -in-law lives!!!

You could them ask the brother-in-law if it is ok to furnish his address and a FT member could be DM to collect and meet up at the ground. It would save a lot of hassle, and as we have FT members around the globe, I would be pretty sure someone is off to the match today. When you say long way away how far away is he.

nb.

Noticed now sorted, hope you have a great day.

Cumbria!!! 🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Heard this is the team .

Kasper

Ndidi Tielemans

Vardy

If true (and I’d guess at this too) I think we need more pace.

3 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Heard this is the team .

Kasper

Ndidi Tielemans

Vardy

...seems like he wants to play on the front foot....!!!

We have enough trouble being light in our midfield and getting over run, they press Tielemans and there will be nothing going forward. If that is the team, we will have a difficult game ahead.

1 hour ago, messerschmitt said:

I'd be amazed if we get anything out of this game going 3 5 2

I'd be happier with an extra CB, attacking wing backs and we can play maximise the positions we have quality in, get Soumare or KDH in and play 2 up front.