Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

17 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Why? 

It's just a spot check of your covid pass which you can get with a rapid negative test at home or vaccine status. 

It will still take the stewards an age and will heavily delay us getting in the ground. Also what about if your phone dies or if you’re an older boy who doesn’t have a smartphone? Also to add vaccines are a choice and to have a test still to get to a game is a backwards step imo. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Fair enough we can disagree on football clubs asking for tests/medical records to gain entry to see a match.

I have to be honest, I was really annoyed that my kids were sent to school, but weren't allowed to go to the FA cup final, which was probably much lower risk!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It will still take the stewards an age and will heavily delay us getting in the ground. Also what about if your phone dies or if you’re an older boy who doesn’t have a smartphone? Also to add vaccines are a choice and to have a test still to get to a game is a backwards step imo. 

It says in the article you can still have access granted if you don't have proof on that day at the game. 

Are the exemptions from the vaccine similar to exemptions from wearing a mask, i.e. if the person decides they don't want to because it will cause them distress then they needn't get written medical agreement. In which case anyone who hasn't had the double vaccine then you have certain rights.

I'm double vaccinated but I absolutely hate what's being threatened in these coming months. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

It says in the article you can still have access granted if you don't have proof on that day at the game. 

Yeah its abit stupid really.

They will be checking. BUT if you cant provide proof then access will be granted.

What's the fecking point then?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, adam said:

These covid checks are a complete waste of time. Being fully vaccinated does not stop you transmitting it so what is the point. Load of old bollocks and ill be exempting myself from it if asked. 

It significantly REDUCES transmission.

Nonetheless, it's a substantively circular argument. Folks who are not vaccinated transmit to some folks who are vaccinated (as NO vaccine is 100%), who then transmit to others. Reality is that if unvaccinated confined their 'freedom' to their homes (or increasingly to hospital ICU wards), there would be far less transmission and the rest of us can start getting back to a semblance of normalcy.   

Guest Col city fan
13 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Apparently covid spot checks will be in place. Very disappointed we have come to this. 

No choice really. The numbers of infections are rocketing again and alas, this is for doubly vaccinated people too

These checks have become essential now. It will only get worse again 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

You just know we won't handle doing these well at all.

I agree

It’ll be a bloody nightmare 

BUT I think Covid passports will be mandatory come Oct/Nov