Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Yeah its abit stupid really.

They will be checking. BUT if you cant provide proof then access will be granted.

What's the fecking point then?

They seem to be suggesting this is how they would enforce it if Covid certification becomes mandatory this autumn? 

i.e. they will threaten to potentially ask anyone for their status at a game, rather than actually ask everyone

It still begs a lot of questions though. Who would carry out these ‘spot checks’? Club staff presumably, although won’t they be needed in the ground? 

Also by allowing non-vaccinated people to show a test result instead, aren’t they trialling a different system to the one being touted by the government? 

36 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Lets hope so, time the government got tough and said tough shit, not jabbed you can't go to public events, pubs etc... unless you have a medical condition that says you can't have the jab.

Bozo and his chums couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!

It's obvious this needs to happen but they'll just fanny around and keep changing their minds until the inevitable U turn 🤬

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 03/09/2021 at 21:24, Ric Flair said:

Are the exemptions from the vaccine similar to exemptions from wearing a mask, i.e. if the person decides they don't want to because it will cause them distress then they needn't get written medical agreement. In which case anyone who hasn't had the double vaccine then you have certain rights.

I'm double vaccinated but I absolutely hate what's being threatened in these coming months. 

It's an utter disgrace but you only have to read this place to see that people don't generally have a problem with it. Miserable times.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

They seem to be suggesting this is how they would enforce it if Covid certification becomes mandatory this autumn? 

i.e. they will threaten to potentially ask anyone for their status at a game, rather than actually ask everyone

It still begs a lot of questions though. Who would carry out these ‘spot checks’? Club staff presumably, although won’t they be needed in the ground? 

Also by allowing non-vaccinated people to show a test result instead, aren’t they trialling a different system to the one being touted by the government? 

I'm fully vaccinated but can't prove it with a certificate as my jabs were in different parts of the UK, so hope they keep the test result option, It'll be my only way of getting in anywhere.

9 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm fully vaccinated but can't prove it with a certificate as my jabs were in different parts of the UK, so hope they keep the test result option, It'll be my only way of getting in anywhere.

Isn’t it all tracked through your NHS number so should be on the system? 

• Like 4

Expecting a tough game here, what with both clubs have European fixtures in the week to look ahead to. 

Can I ask what's up with Iheanacho? He was on fire in the back half of last season, so to see him benched again has been pretty disheartening as someone who loved him when he was playing for us. He even made the difference in the Shield last month.

12 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

THIS^^

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Nope. You'd think so but the NHS databases for the different regions don't connect. NHS England app says I've had No 2 but NHS NI won't generate anything at all as I didn't have both there!

Same issue applies to Scotland/England according to some people on the news the other day.

Edited by FoyleFox

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

It should be on the downloadable NHS app (not the covid 19 one) from where you can download and print it as it's a national system. You can also download the Patient Access App which amongst other things allows you to order repeat prescriptions and view medications and previous allergies etc, your Covid 19 vaccines can be found under 'medications'. If the app doesn't let you see the latter (as mine didn't), if you contact your doctor's surgery they update something their end to give you permission/access their end. Hope this helps.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

It should be on the downloadable NHS app (not the covid 19 one) from where you can download and print it as it a national system. You can also download the Patient Access App which amongst other things allows you to order repeat prescriptions and view medications and previous allergies etc, your Covid 19 vaccines can be found under 'medications'. If the app doesn't let you see the latter (as mine didn't), if you contact your doctor's surgery they update something something their end to give you permission/access their end. Hope this helps.

The NHS app is the one I've used, and it doesn't show both, allegedly it may do one day. I've got the patient app but under medications/vaccinations it's not showing. I will check with the GP though, thanks

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Expecting a tough game here, what with both clubs have European fixtures in the week to look ahead to. 

Can I ask what's up with Iheanacho? He was on fire in the back half of last season, so to see him benched again has been pretty disheartening as someone who loved him when he was playing for us. He even made the difference in the Shield last month.

Iheanacho is the only player in our squad that benefits from us playing 3-4-1-2. Our preffered and best system is 4-2-3-1 which means Iheanacho misses out as he can't play up front on his own. We need to somehow work him in to one of the 3 behind Vardy or Daka.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Iheanacho is the only player in our squad that benefits from us playing 3-4-1-2. Our preffered and best system is 4-2-3-1 which means Iheanacho misses out as he can't play up front on his own. We need to somehow work him in to one of the 3 behind Vardy or Daka.

Reckon nacho starts against Napoli after the Man City game, maybe with Daka. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MCFC said:

It's mind boggling however at the minute we have coped without him I expect Rodgers will start putting him in the team as the games start to pile up but he really should be starting any key games with Vardy and then you can replace Vardy with Daka and Nacho with a midfielder if we are on top

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Reckon nacho starts against Napoli after the Man City game, maybe with Daka. 

Sounds defeatist and maybe controversial but I would rest players for the Man City game  to play against Napoli  , on present form for both sides it could be damage limitation time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Sounds defeatist and maybe controversial but I would rest players for the Man City game  to play against Napoli  , on present form for both sides it could be damage limitation time.

Pretty mucha agree with the principle, the league game is realistically a write off but the EL game is massive for us, so important to at least not lose that game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Pretty mucha agree with the principle, the league game is realistically a write off but the EL game is massive for us, so important to at least not lose that game.

On our day we can beat anybody. We’ve not shown signs of having one of those days recently but y’know…

• Sad 1

Looking for a competitive performance not a capitulation like Arsenal. Man City have the edge but not by much. We will be forced to concede possession ,which may be to our advantage and then we need to take advantage of any slack passes in midfield and see if Vardy and Barnes can break their defensive line. If Spurs can do it, so can we.