Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Iheanacho is the only player in our squad that benefits from us playing 3-4-1-2. Our preffered and best system is 4-2-3-1 which means Iheanacho misses out as he can't play up front on his own. We need to somehow work him in to one of the 3 behind Vardy or Daka.

Been thinking about this but surely there's a case for him on the right. He often seemed to drift out there when in the front two anyway.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Pretty mucha agree with the principle, the league game is realistically a write off but the EL game is massive for us, so important to at least not lose that game.

...no way we go into games thinking "it's a free hit" it sends out the wrong signals and players then see games in the same light!!!

Full team out against Man. City and we adjust what we have to adjust for Napoli.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This isn't a free hit. We will probably lose but I don't think they will go into this thinking certain win, so we can't either. They're very good, but they aren't untouchable.

Like someone else mentioned the international break will have an effect on them so let's go out to win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am not sure understanding this....!!!

How does not showing a game on TV lead to European Games protest in this instance.

Because CL clubs were playing on Sundays before European games and there was a lot of moaning by managers 

This ensured they must try to schedule  on the Saturday meaning they get an extra day - important particularly where international breaks have ended and they play CL on the Tuesday. 

The same applies to us as well - playing Saturdays before a Thursday night fixture which involves travelling to destination night before

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

35 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

You can't get away with that these days. I tried random breast checks a few years ago and was thrown out of the stadium. PC culture gone mad!

You’re not wrong. I’m appalled that I can no longer use my - ‘I’m a gynaecologist you know’ line. World is in tatters. 

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am not sure understanding this....!!!

How does not showing a game on TV lead to European Games protest in this instance.

To just expand, the teams participate in European competition will where possible  play on Saturdays before European midweeks games. Only two TV slots on the Saturday - this weekend they are taken by Spurs v Palace and Chelsea v Villa. Therefore 4 clubs in European Competition will play Saturday at 3. Liverpool are playing Leeds on sunday - so assume they are playing CL on the Wednesday and there’s a policing issue with the Man U game 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

On 04/09/2021 at 10:57, Claridge said:

Lets hope so, time the government got tough and said tough shit, not jabbed you can't go to public events, pubs etc... unless you have a medical condition that says you can't have the jab.

Err you do know vaccinated just as likely to carry and spread covid don’t you? 

• Like 4

We will need to rotate this season, but not sure we need to be doing it just 3 games in when half the team hasn’t played the week before. 

If anything, our fairly short pre-season means there are players who are still off the pace because they haven’t had much game time. 

Also we have a 4-day gap before the day of the next match, and both are at home so travel time will be minimal. 

32 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Got that off some idiot off Facebook have you, my sister is a covid nurse and nearly all the people in the LRI are not double jabbed. If bellends got vaccinated there would be very few people in hospital and they could get on treating other illnesses, her words not mine

...his statement still stands though....!!!

Yes being double jabbed mitigates the severity and as a result takes pressure off the NHS, but you can contract Covid if you have been double jabbed, and as a result spread the virus.

• Like 2

If covid behaves like flu it will always attempt to mutate away from current vaccines and the more infection there is the more likely that is to happen.Take the greatest care you can at all times is the mantra. We have to get the infection rate down if we are ever going to escape this thing.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Sister had a case this week where the family had been to majorca with grandma. 57yr son is recovering in hospital, 52 yr old daughter in law passed away Thursday. Neither of them had the jab. Grandma who went with them but is double jabbed is at home looking after 3 teenage girls. Think I will listen the experts, rather than keyboard warriors who bend the truth and facts to fit their deluded ideas

....the following details are taken from the government website!!!

Although 2 doses of vaccine will greatly reduce your own risk of becoming unwell with COVID-19, it is still possible to contract the virus and pass it to others. So if you develop symptoms at any time – vaccinated or not – you should get a test and be very careful in your contact with others until you have received a negative test result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Got that off some idiot off Facebook have you, my sister is a covid nurse and nearly all the people in the LRI are not double jabbed. If bellends got vaccinated there would be very few people in hospital and they could get on treating other illnesses, her words not mine

Heard similar. Got two sister in laws that work for NHS.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...his statement still stands though....!!!

Yes being double jabbed mitigates the severity and as a result takes pressure off the NHS, but you can contract Covid if you have been double jabbed, and as a result spread the virus.

Still possible to get it, but less likely to get it. If you do some reading into it, you’ll be surprised. The efficacy of the jabs show that they have a % protection against catching it and a different % protection against becoming seriously ill. So yes, double vaxxed people CAN still get and spread, but the chances of this are significantly lower.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the following details are taken from the government website!!!

Although 2 doses of vaccine will greatly reduce your own risk of becoming unwell with COVID-19, it is still possible to contract the virus and pass it to others. So if you develop symptoms at any time – vaccinated or not – you should get a test and be very careful in your contact with others until you have received a negative test result.

So if everyone’s double jabbed or you keep the non jabbed away from people this will be less serious. Hence my point about the government/ whoever banning the non jabbed from the king power. 

• Like 2