Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Man City (H) Pre-Match Thread (Sept. 11, 3pm)

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

As usual my foot in both camps....

Paul Dickov

Danny Tiatto

Sven

Michael Johnson

Micheal Ball

Darius Vassell

Gelson Fernandes 

Kasper!

Ben Mee

Anyone else missed?

Greg Cunningham

Seniorman

Nicky Summerbee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Paul Dickov

Danny Tiatto

Sven

Michael Johnson

Micheal Ball

Darius Vassell

Gelson Fernandes 

Kasper!

Ben Mee

Anyone else missed?

Trevor Christie

Jim Melrose

David Oldfield

Ashley Ward

Ben Thatcher

Edited by Blue Fox 72
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Paul Dickov

Danny Tiatto

Sven

Michael Johnson

Micheal Ball

Darius Vassell

Gelson Fernandes 

Kasper!

Ben Mee

Anyone else missed?

Seniorman himself

30 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Came on here to see people's views about the Man City match and everyone is talking about the Covid tests on arrival and whether being vaccinated makes a difference rather than the game itself. 

Well if I'm going to add my bit too, then I can say as someone fully vaccinated, (and someone who still wears face masks any time I go anywhere public), I've caught Covid after being double jabbed, and so too did my wife, in fact everyone in my household caught it, so I can't really say if being double jabbed really helps you to not catch it, it didn't in my own experience. 

We're all better now of course (although still not fully recovered sense of smell), but a lot of my friends and relatives are in the medical profession, doctors and nurses seeing what can happen, and they are all in agreement that, while unlucky to all catch it after being double jabbed, we weren't in anywhere near as bad a situation as the people not fully vaccinated that they were witnessing in their work, and the number of yoyng, very healthy, strong, individuals with no underlying health conditions all regretting not being double vaccinated while in terrible condition, with a number not being lucky enough to survive the experience. 

But while very sad they all said it is avoidable if those (who can, and aren't exempt), get fully vaccinated, and  they said (as others have on here) it becomes an unnecessary drain on their time and resources, preventing them from treating other people who need their help.

We live in a democracy, thats why its a personal choice to be vaccinated, but that doesn't make those refusing vaccination totally unselfish, because, while they might view it as only their life at risk, when they take up a bed in hospital, they're affecting other people too.

So, my very longwinded point is, while insisting on people being double jabbed to attend a football match, and doing the necessary checks to ensure people are before they enter is something no one really wants, its probably a necessary evil, and one we need to get used to. It may or may not help stop the virus spreading, but by trying to limit those at risk to those fully vaccinated, it'll hopefully ease the strain on our NHS.

Its not a perfect solution but IMO its the best of any bad scenario we have available to us now, if we all agree we should be back watching and supporting our team in a stadium,  (which I do).

There is a good 7-8 pages of content purely on the match. The discussion started after everybody got an email this weekend about the new restrictions.

After having so many people going to Wembley over the summer with blatant disregard of the softer rules, I can understand why the tougher ones are being bought in. But I agree with you, it’s an imperfect solution. There isn’t a silver bullet and I don’t think there ever will be. 

My personal view as a double jabbed person is that I’m probably still going to get it before the year is through. If I can avoid it, I’d rather not get it - but I’m not going to stop doing things I want to do anymore because of it.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the following details are taken from the government website!!!

Although 2 doses of vaccine will greatly reduce your own risk of becoming unwell with COVID-19, it is still possible to contract the virus and pass it to others. So if you develop symptoms at any time – vaccinated or not – you should get a test and be very careful in your contact with others until you have received a negative test result.

Still possible - but far less likely. Be cautious how to interpret these things, easy to be misled by someone with an agenda. Like any vaccine, it doesn't completely stop you from becoming infected, but it reduces the risk and massively reduces the severity. Look at new covid cases (uk) vs death rate - you can clearly see the vaccines work in both severity and spread (bearing in mind that we had "Freedom Day" back in July (?)). 

Get vaccinated (my opinion), there's no other way out of this. 

Edited by Guybino

12 minutes ago, Guybino said:

Still possible - but far less likely. Be cautious how to interpret these things, easy to be misled by someone with an agenda. Like any vaccine, it doesn't completely stop you from becoming infected, but it reduces the risk and massively reduces the severity. Look at new covid cases (uk) vs death rate - you can clearly see the vaccines work in both severity and spread (bearing in mind that we had "Freedom Day" back in July (?)). 

Get vaccinated (my opinion), there's no other way out of this. 

My last covid post before we get back to the topic of foot-eh.

But this guy is on the money. Numbers don’t lie.

Yesterday in Russia, 18,645 new cases and 793 new deaths. Compared to the UK, 37,011 new cases and 68 new deaths. Speaks for itself really. If you don’t want to get vaxxed, then that’s your right. Nobody is taking that away. But the Prem is trying to keep the unvaxxed away for their own safety, not ours.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, JDA said:

Err you do know vaccinated just as likely to carry and spread covid don’t you? 

From what I've read, a big concern is that new variants are much more likely to come from unvaccinated people and of course it is mainly unvaccinated people getting hospitalised. So the govt probably need to be 'unfair' if we ever want to get out of this. 

On the game, I feel a shithouse win on the cards. That, or an absolute drubbing 😨

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

From what I've read, a big concern is that new variants are much more likely to come from unvaccinated people and of course it is mainly unvaccinated people getting hospitalised. So the govt probably need to be 'unfair' if we ever want to get out of this. 

On the game, I feel a shithouse win on the cards. That, or an absolute drubbing 😨

Or maybe a draw?

48 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

My last covid post before we get back to the topic of foot-eh.

But this guy is on the money. Numbers don’t lie.

Yesterday in Russia, 18,645 new cases and 793 new deaths. Compared to the UK, 37,011 new cases and 68 new deaths. Speaks for itself really. If you don’t want to get vaxxed, then that’s your right. Nobody is taking that away. But the Prem is trying to keep the unvaxxed away for their own safety, not ours.

numbers do lie. what a stupid statement lol

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I had Covid last week. I am double-vaccinated and my symptoms were mild - it just felt like I had a bit of a cold. My other half was unvaccinated (she's not anti-vaxx or anything - her personal circumstances just meant she couldn't have the jabs when she became eligible) and has had it far, far worse than me: constant hacking cough, difficulty breathing, pain in joints and limbs, awful headache, etc. Her breathing was so laboured a few days ago that NHS 111 told us to go to hospital, which we did. Thankfully her blood oxygen levels were ok and they sent us home. She's starting to feel better now.

Based on this tiny sample size of two, I can confirm that vaccines appear to be highly effective at preventing symptoms from becoming too severe. People are still dying in large numbers are the very large majority of those becoming seriously ill are unvaccinated. The vaccines work.

Oh, 1-1 I reckon. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I'd love a draw

If we are 2-0 down going into injury time and get a draw, then I agree with you. If we are 2-0 up going into injury time and end up drawing, then I disagree. Tbh, beating them in the Charity Shield doesn't bode well for this match.