Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Benkovic

1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Tell us something we didn’t know, Rodgers would rather play another keeper on the bench than have Benokovic.. his time here is done by the looks of it 

I'll tell you this , when Benko finally escapes he won't have a good word to say about us. We have kept him hanging on for years , it has been a nightmare for him.

• Like 3

Just now, An Sionnach said:

I'll tell you this , when Benko finally escapes he won't have a good word to say about us. We have kept him hanging on for years , it has been a nightmare for him.

He’s not exactly helped himself by going out on loan the last 2 seasons and being absolutely rubbish.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

He’s not exactly helped himself by going out on loan the last 2 seasons and being absolutely rubbish.

He hardly played a game in that time. He should have been sold as soon as he returned from Celtic. I am pretty sure he will come good but absolutely not with us.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He hardly played a game in that time. He should have been sold as soon as he returned from Celtic. I am pretty sure he will come good but absolutely not with us.

You can only sell him if someone wants him. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Doesn't help that he has legs made of soggy cardboard

Did well at Celtic at the start then got injured

Spent the first half of the following season injured again

Got injured on his debut in the cup

Went to Bristol City and was okay but still in and out of their squad

Went to Cardiff didn't impress and was at fault for 2 goals on his debut

Went to Leuven and didn't play

The fact that he can't even get onto our bench now during a defensive injury crisis shows what Brendan thinks of him

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Wouldn't have been able to sell him at the time as, surprise surprise, he got injured away with Croatia.

He has been extremely unlucky with his loan moves. 

But the best he can hope for now is probably a move to a championship club, or maybe SPL. Maybe someone in one of the lesser European leagues will fancy a gamble on him...

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I reckon Benkovic and Praet got caught drawing an animated flipbook of a spunking cock in Brendan's notepad. It's the only explaination.

Well it isn’t quite the only explanation. It might also be that Benkovic isn’t good enough, or isn’t perceived as good enough, and Praet, good player though he is, doesn’t really fit naturally into the way we play, and isn’t so good that you have to change the way we play to fit him in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I've read some guff on here but you deserve an award for this

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I've read some guff on here but you deserve an award for this

Honestly, ignore it. The amount of rubbish he posts is unreal. He’s either the best wind up merchant going or is absolutely clueless

I love how people feel sorry for players or feel they haven't had a fair crack.

Success players take opportunities and make thing happen. 

Benko has had 3 season under two LCFC manager to impress, and has not managed it.

He had a loans at Bristol City, Cardiff and OHL and failed to impress.

He was fit at all those clubs but still could'nt get a game. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I love how people feel sorry for players or feel they haven't had a fair crack.

Success players take opportunities and make thing happen. 

Benko has had 3 season under two LCFC manager to impress, and has not managed it.

He had a loans at Bristol City, Cardiff and OHL and failed to impress.

He was fit at all those clubs but still could'nt get a game. 

Pretty harsh. As we heard from Kingy, at OHL he was ostracised for being “the owners player”. He has been extraordinarily unlucky with his loan moves, Celtic aside. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Pretty harsh. As we heard from Kingy, at OHL he was ostracised for being “the owners player”. He has been extraordinarily unlucky with his loan moves, Celtic aside. 

Bristol and Cardiff?

Unlucky 3 times?

Edited by coolhandfox

Honestly thought Benkovic was going to be a success for us, he seemed better than Soyuncu (probably is at the minute) but after that injury at Celtic he never recovered, sending him to Leuven was a big mistake as he should have stayed here and gone to a Championship or Division 1 side…

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Bristol and Cardiff?

Unlucky 3 times?

At Cardiff they had a settled CB partnership and didn’t need him, he made one appearance, was never given a chance. 

At Bristol, he was given a chance (10 games ish), and they wanted to keep him: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/above-pay-grade-bristol-city-4332218?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Bristol and Cardiff?

Unlucky 3 times?

From memory, the Bristol City fans were mostly impressed by him in the glimpses they got and couldn't work out why he wasn't played more given how poor they were last season. 

Something else is very wrong with the lad if a succession of managers won't play him when fit. It's difficult to see where he goes from here or even if another club will take him on. Perhaps the club will call it quits and mutually pay up his contract?