Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

15 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Lingard says hi. Tielemans feels sadly rejected. I guess "in the main" is doing a lot of work for you. 

Have you not seen a list of some of the so called "good signings" LCFC we have had to ship out over the years, not being suitable.

We have signed a few cracking players but also some not so good.

22 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

I have always thought that players who are available for being loaned out are either, not  suitable for their parent club, or are just not good enough and a financial burden. 

With this in mind and whilst watching TV transfer deadline shows, lots of these players being loaned out on transfer day, are probably in the main, just rubbish.

A rather sweeping statement considering we won the league with a large number of players who were allegedly considered rejects and misfits at their clubs. You want to tell Huth he was rubbish? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Oldblueyes said:

I have always thought that players who are available for being loaned out are either, not  suitable for their parent club, or are just not good enough and a financial burden. 

With this in mind and whilst watching TV transfer deadline shows, lots of these players being loaned out on transfer day, are probably in the main, just rubbish.

I think you need to recalibrate your formula here.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A goal on his debut vs Man City again would be nice. These next 2 games without Perez is where he needs to hit the ground running and convince Rodgers to swallow his pride.

Come on Ric, Sharky is absolutely 100% starting against City lol 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Lookman will come on for Barnes if and when necessary to start with. When JJ is fit we may see him doubling up on the right and that could be interesting. With Pereira and Castagne as well we look pretty strong I reckon. On the left Bertrand ,Thomas, Barnes and Lookman again looks solid as well. And guess what I haven't mentioned P***z.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Of course and rightly so, I was more thinking of him coming on 2nd half and bagging. Following it up with one against Napoli and then one against Brighton before the return of Ayo. 

Absolutely no pressure on the lad 😂😂😂

• Like 2

He will eventually replace Perez on the right. He just needs to show to form he did for Fulham, and he will start games. Think is if Perez is training hard and doing what the manager asks he will always get picked ahead of someone who doesn’t. I’ve got a good feeling about the lad, I think he will see us as a golden opportunity to get his career back on track. How could you not see the training ground facilities and not be inspired?

With him being English and not having to adjust too much, it might be a real good match. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Lookman will come on for Barnes if and when necessary to start with. When JJ is fit we may see him doubling up on the right and that could be interesting. With Pereira and Castagne as well we look pretty strong I reckon. On the left Bertrand ,Thomas, Barnes and Lookman again looks solid as well. And guess what I haven't mentioned P***z.

I mentioned P***z once..but I think I got away with it.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

He will eventually replace Perez on the right. 

So another player with the weight of expectation placed upon him played out of his preferential position then.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He just needs to show to form he did for Fulham, and he will start games.

Which was almost entirely demonstrated on the left. 

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

So another player with the weight of expectation placed upon him played out of his preferential position then.

Which was almost entirely demonstrated on the left. 

The lad will be more than capable playing in the right….. he’s got all of the qualities to be able to do so…… he’s quick, dynamic and skill full so will have no problem adapting…… certain players can play a number of positions, reading into his scouting profile he has the ability to play anywhere across that front line, which is probably why we went for him……

There are players who are capable of playing in more than one position…..

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The lad will be more than capable playing in the right….. he’s got all of the qualities to be able to do so…… he’s quick, dynamic and skill full so will have no problem adapting……

You don't know this. It's reasonable to suggest based upon Brendan's comments, that the rational behind the Lookman deal was cover for Barnes, cup ties and possibly Europa group stages. 

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

certain players can play a number of positions

Yes - thanks for that.

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

reading into his scouting profile he has the ability to play anywhere across that front line, which is probably why we went for him……

We went for him predominately as cover for Barnes. 

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

There are players who are capable of playing in more than one position…..

There are and historically, it used to be very much the expectation rather than the case. But to get the best out of Lookman, we'll need to deploy him on the left. 

Perfectly set up to play a 4 3 3 now with Barnes, Lookman and Daka with the pace required to play out wide on either side. Soumare, Ndidi and Youri in the middle with KDH more than capable of stepping in.

We could feasibly play a similar style to that which Liverpool play now if we wanted to.

53 minutes ago, Line-X said:

You don't know this. It's reasonable to suggest based upon Brendan's comments, that the rational behind the Lookman deal was cover for Barnes, cup ties and possibly Europa group stages. 

Yes - thanks for that.

We went for him predominately as cover for Barnes. 

There are and historically, it used to be very much the expectation rather than the case. But to get the best out of Lookman, we'll need to deploy him on the left. 

At what point has Rodgers ever suggested he is cover for Barnes? 

If you can find the interview where he does suggest this I will stand corrected. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

At what point has Rodgers ever suggested he is cover for Barnes? 

If you can find the interview where he does suggest this I will stand corrected. 

He hasn't directly - which is why I said "it was reasonable to suggest based upon his comments" - those recently in respect of requiring cover for Harvey Barnes. Since Lookman is so potent on the left and since a left sided player was one of Brendan's stated priorities (which if you remember caused a furore on here), then it is reasonable to suggest that he was brought in primarily for that purpose. Yes, he also gives us options on the opposite flank, but I wouldn't envisage him starting there anytime soon as you seem to be doing other than through necessity. If Ricardo isn't fit, (who I still suspect that Brendan wants to play in a more advanced role) and given the Pérez suspension, it's possible, but I'd expect Albrighton to get the nod and Lookman to be on the bench rather that the opposite way around. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

He hasn't directly - which is why I said "it was reasonable to suggest based upon his comments" - those recently in respect of requiring cover for Harvey Barnes. Since Lookman is so potent on the left and since a left sided player was one of Brendan's stated priorities (which if you remember caused a furore on here), then it is reasonable to suggest that he was brought in primarily for that purpose. Yes, he also gives us options on the opposite flank, but I wouldn't envisage him starting there anytime soon as you seem to be doing other than through necessity. If Ricardo isn't fit, (who I still suspect that Brendan wants to play in a more advanced role) and given the Pérez suspension, it's possible, but I'd expect Albrighton to get the nod and Lookman to be on the bench rather that the opposite way around. 

Makes more sense now.

Whereas I don’t disagree with your point, I do think Rodgers may look to use him on the right too. His flexibility would suggest that he could be deployed there. 

I think it is clear he isn’t happy with Perez it’s just the only really option other than Albrighton or a back 5 that we have. 

I expect a back 5 V’s city and then he might come on a bit later on depending on the state of the game. But I think Brighton would be an ideal game to try him out in that right side. Ultimately I think that’s where he will end up if he plays well and impresses. That way he and Barnes could potentially switch positions throughout the game, much like Brendans Liverpool side did.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Makes more sense now.

Whereas I don’t disagree with your point, I do think Rodgers may look to use him on the right too. His flexibility would suggest that he could be deployed there. 

I think it is clear he isn’t happy with Perez it’s just the only really option other than Albrighton or a back 5 that we have. 

I expect a back 5 V’s city and then he might come on a bit later on depending on the state of the game. But I think Brighton would be an ideal game to try him out in that right side. Ultimately I think that’s where he will end up if he plays well and impresses. That way he and Barnes could potentially switch positions throughout the game, much like Brendans Liverpool side did.

He won't switch Barnes. You're more likely to see him being subbed for Lookman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

We won't though as we don't possess the individual quality that Liverpool do. Playing as they do will open the game up too much and Rodgers' style is all about controlling the course of the game and not turning it into an end to end affair. 

Has anyone told him that it's not working very well?

Good debate this is. I still think Rodgers is torn on what he wants from a new right winger. Lookman is a very good back up to Barnes which I do think we needed and hopefully he gets a chance on the right, does well and overall the team is better for it. Long term I still think we will look for a left footed right winger but it would be a bonus if we have landed on a player in Lookman that can be a reliable player for us and bring 10+ goal contributions a season.

• Like 3