Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

6 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Wouldn't be surprised, but I'm hoping Brendan is learning. Don't forget he has made early changes twice in back to back games now so maybe the penny has finally dropped. 🙏

The problem is that changing his approach is the same as admitting he was wrong in the first place.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

Lookman looks impressive, are we actually going to use him regularly and add more pace in attack.

Or more likely are we likely to leave him warming the bench 

Unlike Nacho, because Lookman can fit into Rodgers preferred tactical systems (4231 / 433), he's more likely to start. Nacho has always been unlucky because you can't really play 442 in the Premier League against top teams, and 352 is hard with so many CB's out.

At the moment he may indeed be warming the bench, but he might not be 90 minute match fit yet, as he joined us late and I'm not sure how much he was in the first team picture at Leipzig. So do bare that in mind.

With regards to Maddison, he's been poor this season but Rodgers is trying to get him back to his best. Barnes has had many poor games this season, but against Napoli and again today, he was almost back to his best, even adding step-overs to his game and developing his left foot into a real weapon. So although I think Maddison needs a spell out of the team, there is a fine line between sticking with your best players and benching them.

But after 5 games, we are now getting a picture of who our most in form and best players are this season, and Lookman is one of them for me, despite being reduced to just cameo appearances.

• Like 4

Just back from the game. 

All the talk was Lookman and how well he linked up with Ricardo. He was outstanding today and changed the game. Surely he's played himself into automatic selection ahead of the dross we have been suffering recently after that display?

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 2

Comes across well in this interview. Sounds like he feels ready to play 90, so perhaps he'll get that chance now. I'd prefer it if he does that against Burnley though!

I think we will make his signing permanent in the summer based on his start. Admittedly I said that about Under too, but I think Lookman has already shown he can put in the dirty work, and can play both sides. So regardless of anything he's a good squad player. He looks like our best dribbler along with Ricardo in the squad, and has some much needed flair.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Genesis1 said:

If we sold Maddison for 60m, would you have noticed?  Is it possible to play Lookman and have 2 up front while fully utilizing all 3 players?

Barnes isn't a striker, so if we were playing 2 up front him starting there was moronic 

2 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Just back from the game. 

All the talk was Lookman and how well he linked up with Ricardo. He was outstanding today and changed the game. Surely he's played himself into automatic selection ahead of the dross we have been suffering recently after that display?

you’d think so wouldn’t you?

but let’s remember we have a manager who inexplicably keeps selecting maddison..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ElusiveEd said:

Just back from the game. 

If not then I give up. Seems B R Achilles heel is his inflexibility.

I really really like this guy. Always taking the ball on the half turn and some of the play yesterday with Ricky P was a brief insight into the type of right hand side we'd have had should Pereira/Mahrez ever played in the same team together. 

I am nervous for this Milwall game on Tuesday because I can guarentee it'll be a team filled with players we want to play on Saturday!

I've been impressed early doors. I feel like just simply having another player up the pitch who is not scared to run at a team helps so many of the others - frees up so much space for the likes of Barnes and Ricardo.

I think he's earned a start against Burnley. We all know though he'll start at Millwall and not Burnley.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've been impressed early doors. I feel like just simply having another player up the pitch who is not scared to run at a team helps so many of the others - frees up so much space for the likes of Barnes and Ricardo.

I think he's earned a start against Burnley. We all know though he'll start at Millwall and not Burnley.

I suppose it’s possible he starts both? 60 minutes against Millwall then 60/90 against Burnley?

He’s not played a full 90 yet so might be given Millwall just to get full fitness. 

Really hope he starts against Burnley though. They sit back so Perez’s pressing isn’t as important. Skill and dribbling to make opportunities is!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Very impressed with him, he's slightly unlucky not to have a couple of goals already. The fact he's getting in to the areas to have such chances in cameos is promising.

More of these of signing plz, young, hungry with a desire to prove themselves. I've read that Brentford make these type of signing using data analysis where they choose once promising players who have stagnated in their development  for whatever reason and which were ignored by the bigger clubs those are available very cheaply.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

More of these of signing plz, young, hungry with a desire to prove themselves. I've read that Brentford make these type of signing using data analysis where they choose once promising players who have stagnated in their development  for whatever reason

Brendan has also actively mentioned this before too.

• Like 1