Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

18 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

More of these of signing plz, young, hungry with a desire to prove themselves. I've read that Brentford make these type of signing using data analysis where they choose once promising players who have stagnated in their development  for whatever reason and which were ignored by the bigger clubs those are available very cheaply.

..  I  believe that was also Pearson's team method in respect of scouting!!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Be interested in seeing a front four of:

Vardy

Barnes/Perez/Lookman

A bit more workrate from our AM might improve Tielemans' performances as well. 

We've never seen Perez play AM, with a competent winger on the right....Or Maddison for that matter I guess.

Albrighton as a wide option in a 433, is just a complete waste of a player and no one is going to convince me otherwise.

I don't want to see 2 out of Maddison/Perez/Albrighton on the field together ever again, unless rotating for the lesser sides in the cup.

I'd honestly rather have Vardy wide left, or Tielemans at 10, than seeing 2 of the 3 above selected in the same team.

• Like 3

On 20/09/2021 at 17:01, CrispinLA in Texas said:

More of these of signing plz, young, hungry with a desire to prove themselves. I've read that Brentford make these type of signing using data analysis where they choose once promising players who have stagnated in their development  for whatever reason and which were ignored by the bigger clubs those are available very cheaply.

Moneyball on Netflix

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Be interested in seeing a front four of:

Vardy

Barnes/Perez/Lookman

A bit more workrate from our AM might improve Tielemans' performances as well. 

Perez isn’t creative enough. If we’re playing a 10 it has to be Iheanacho or Maddison.

56 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Maddison has hardly been what you could consider creative recently

An out of form Maddison is just as creative as Perez usually is. 

203 PL appearances - 14 assists 

103 PL appearances - 15 assists 

Iheanacho should be starting as the 10 anyway

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

An out of form Maddison is just as creative as Perez usually is. 

203 PL appearances - 14 assists 

103 PL appearances - 15 assists 

Iheanacho should be starting as the 10 anyway

Those numbers give no bias to recent performances though, plus Perez tends to win the ball back more. I totally agree that Nacho should start over both mind!

Just now, filbertway said:

Mainly due to the fact that his second touch is often a tackle

lol Perhaps so. However, if we are going to use recency bias to demand players start, shouldn't it be echoed in players being dropped too? (So thats Madders and Ayoze dropped then)

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

lol Perhaps so. However, if we are going to use recency bias to demand players start, shouldn't it be echoed in players being dropped too? (So thats Madders and Ayoze dropped then)

Is recency bias a new word for form? If so, I absolutely think players should be picked on form, with consideration given to their overall contribution, talent and the available options in reserve.

In this case, the players in reserve have shown to be capable of playing well for us. I honestly don't know how Kel hasn't asked for a move to be honest, he's good enough to start week in week out for a premier league team. Maybe he feels when Vardy moves on, he'll get more chances

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Is recency bias a new word for form? If so, I absolutely think players should be picked on form, with consideration given to their overall contribution, talent and the available options in reserve.

In this case, the players in reserve have shown to be capable of playing well for us. I honestly don't know how Kel hasn't asked for a move to be honest, he's good enough to start week in week out for a premier league team. Maybe he feels when Vardy moves on, he'll get more chances

No, form implies a larger sample size.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

No, form implies a larger sample size.

Just so you know where I am at, I'd say 4-6 games is a good indicator of someone's form. If someone is starting and putting in similar performances for 4-6 games, then for me that is their current form. 

So by that token, recency bias would be 1-3 performances :D

Maddison hasn't been much use at all for the best part of 4 months of football, Perez hasn't contributed greatly in an attacking sense since before we even knew what Covid-19 was haha. Now there's more competition, there's less excuse for keeping these players in. I don't think it's healthy to reward poor form either, players need to be constantly on their toes and looking to perform at their very best to keep the shirt.

I feel very sorry for KDH who has gone out on loan and smashed it, then come back to pre season incredibly fit and obvously worked his socks off. So far he has barely anything to show for his hard work. Hopefully tonight and next week he gets a couple of starts as reward for his efforts so far.

• Like 2

Maddison has been too mostly sizzle and no sausage as someone mentioned.  Simply because of that, we should sell to Arsenal they love a sizzle, and someone to score 8 goals a year , that they will be happy for loads of sizzle .  For us , he’s not up to it.  Bench him long term , he has to earn that spot in the team back now .  The Maddison sizzle show , is over .  Not enough consistency .  

43 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just so you know where I am at, I'd say 4-6 games is a good indicator of someone's form. If someone is starting and putting in similar performances for 4-6 games, then for me that is their current form. 

So by that token, recency bias would be 1-3 performances :D

Maddison hasn't been much use at all for the best part of 4 months of football, Perez hasn't contributed greatly in an attacking sense since before we even knew what Covid-19 was haha. Now there's more competition, there's less excuse for keeping these players in. I don't think it's healthy to reward poor form either, players need to be constantly on their toes and looking to perform at their very best to keep the shirt.

I feel very sorry for KDH who has gone out on loan and smashed it, then come back to pre season incredibly fit and obvously worked his socks off. So far he has barely anything to show for his hard work. Hopefully tonight and next week he gets a couple of starts as reward for his efforts so far.

I agree with this, but as always, we only see matches and/or reports regarding performances of players at the club or on loan. Their ability to integrate, to mesh with the squad at large can never be fully known, so we have no option but go with the manager. 

17 hours ago, Stadt said:

Perez isn’t creative enough. If we’re playing a 10 it has to be Iheanacho or Maddison.

I believe he was the eye, & is creative enough,when the team's movement is functioning.

He s shown that on numerous occasions, but out of his position, he seems to hold the ball too long, or One tackle too many...

I Dont believe Maddison & Perez compliment each other, and IMO they shouldnt Play together, either One or tother not both...

If we were more attack-Minded looking First at the Front 5...we could Maybe even should see....Let the opposition worry about us

Daka / Vardy.       Nacho

Maddison/Perez

Barnes.                              Lookman

Tielemans  

Ndidi

Soyu.          Evans.    Ricardo/Castagna

Schmeichel

Edited by fuchsntf

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I believe he was the eye, & is creative enough,when the team's movement is functioning.

He s shown that on numerous occasions, but out of his position, he seems to hold the ball too long, or One tackle too many...

I Dont believe Maddison & Perez compliment each other, and IMO they shouldnt Play together, either One or tother not both...

If we were more attack-Minded looking First at the Front 5...we could Maybe even should see....Let the opposition worry about us

Daka / Vardy.       Nacho

Maddison/Perez

Barnes.                              Lookman

Tielemans  

Ndidi

Soyu.          Evans.    Ricardo/Castagna

Schmeichel

Three at the back with no wingbacks is a guaranteed loss, would have to swap out the AM for a left back in this formation