Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

On 23/09/2021 at 11:50, Strokes said:

I have to disagree, how Iheanacho plays is more like the traditional 10 role, whereas Maddison is more of an advanced 8. 
However I get your point that it probably is a different position and was certainly in a different system.

I do think we can afford to try him in the withdrawn striker role, as currently Maddison’s involvement in play is so minimal, that I can’t see how we would even miss it.

Maddison, when in good form, links up play better but Iheanacho has made some great contributions. But yeah with Maddison's form and hip I'd be willing to try anything to be frank.

• Like 1

On 23/09/2021 at 02:54, fuchsntf said:

I believe he was the eye, & is creative enough,when the team's movement is functioning.

He s shown that on numerous occasions, but out of his position, he seems to hold the ball too long, or One tackle too many...

I Dont believe Maddison & Perez compliment each other, and IMO they shouldnt Play together, either One or tother not both...

If we were more attack-Minded looking First at the Front 5...we could Maybe even should see....Let the opposition worry about us

Daka / Vardy.       Nacho

Maddison/Perez

Barnes.                              Lookman

Tielemans  

Ndidi

Soyu.          Evans.    Ricardo/Castagna

Schmeichel

Holy hell that formation would cripple Wilf and Youri, not to mention leaving us beyond exposed to any sort of press or counter attack. This isn't the 1940s where you could stick the good lads and the quick lads up top and keep a few big lumps back.

Hard pass!

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Holy hell that formation would cripple Wilf and Youri, not to mention leaving us beyond exposed to any sort of press or counter attack. This isn't the 1940s where you could stick the good lads and the quick lads up top and keep a few big lumps back.

Hard pass!

I decided it was Time to have some Fun & give a few doubters a corony...

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hard pass!

Suelo escribir para matar por dinero....

Ft son mis amigos, los mato por nada....:giggle:

• Haha 1

There was a part in the game where the ball was fired to him quickly, he did a spin and came out with the ball. If that’s Perez he probably traps it, backs into the defender, falls on his arse and they come away with the ball.

Purely for retention and passing purposes I want him in ahead for Perez whenever fit.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So did Lookman. Don't think he's quite up to the fitness levels the club are looking for yet. 

He was chugging the gel caps before he came off. 

Are any of the squad Rogers keeps mentioning getting up to speed a lot. Poor excuse that for me(not on at you about your comment btw)

2 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Are any of the squad Rogers keeps mentioning getting up to speed a lot. Poor excuse that for me(not on at you about your comment btw)

I think quite a few are under par with their fitness at the moment but it's to be expected to an extent. 

They're coming off the back of a hugely difficult season and a half and not only that but Barnes, Castagne, Evans, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Maddison and Ndidi have all had varying levels of injury problems that will have disrupted their progress. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I think quite a few are under par with their fitness at the moment but it's to be expected to an extent. 

They're coming off the back of a hugely difficult season and a half and not only that but Barnes, Castagne, Evans, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Maddison and Ndidi have all had varying levels of injury problems that will have disrupted their progress. 

its really not, we didn't have that many at the Euro's so they should have been back earlier working on that fitness

Just now, Finnegan said:

I felt we made good steps forward in terms of our forward play, getting Vardy in the game more and lookman shined. It is only 6 games in, yes the last two games haven’t gone our way but there are positives for sure. We have the players and when it clicks we can string some results together 

• Like 1

Fantastic player. Talented and a creative threat. Exactly what we’ve been missing. MUST start every game.

Also no coincidence Vardy got goals both last week and 2 this week with his presence. For a year or so Vards has had ‘a lack of service’ , we see what happens when he gets more service and movement around him - defenders can’t JUST mark him.

• Like 1

I like this fella. He's brave both in and out of possession - presses really well and is willing to take people on and get the ball into attacking areas. That's more than can be said for the vast majority of our players at the moment. Must start.