Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

His defensive work today might well go unnoticed but it’s as important as his skill on the ball IMO. He tracked back and won the ball several times and once he turned the ball over high up in their half to create a good chance. On the ball he gets it out of his feet quickly and has good skill and decision making. 

There’s plenty to improve but for a last minute loan signing he’s been terrific. Arguably looking like our best signing so far!

He is SO quick!

Doesn't give defenders a moments rest and for how small he is he is really good at holding players back and brushing them off when on a run

The odd time he would lose the ball he is still straight onto them trying to get it back and most of the time managing to get it back as well

Think he needed to stay a bit wider at times (although I get the feeling this was an instruction from Rodgers for him to come inside) as during the 1st half quite often Ricardo would have no one ahead of him

Edited by moore_94

He was good, but I'm not going overboard. He did a lot of his best work in areas that weren't going to threaten the opposition. The couple of times he got it in turnover situations, he made a couple of wrong decisions which could have created an opening.

He is quick, deceptively strong and seems to have a good awareness of what's going on around him. Hopefully the end product is there too. That's my main concern with him 

• Like 1

I liked the fact he didn't shirk his responsibilities in a physical game and was prepared to get stuck in. 

As martyn said there are aspects of his game that needs improving or refining but you sense he's going to be lively and enjoyable this season.

1 hour ago, dayday said:

Amazing how many fans called this a massive under whelming signing before he even kicked a ball for us.

can understated that tbh given some have higher expectations of us now, 

credit to lookman hes looked decent in every appearance for us so far, hopefully he can continue good form and we have a decent option to buy price too

2 hours ago, dayday said:

Amazing how many fans called this a massive under whelming signing before he even kicked a ball for us.

🙋🏻‍♂️ I did

He was excellent yesterday, great close control and link up play, I think his speed and urgency actually made his team mates better and attack with purpose.

long May it continue. Hope he makes me eat my words. 

• Like 3