Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m am so excited by his potential. He makes the ball talk. Great feet.

O' football, O' football

Lend me your voice

My mates are all watching

So make a sound choice

O' football, O' football

Is that something I hear

"Vestergaard is shit"

Well that was pretty clear

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

For me he has talent but his decision making at times could be better.

It will be interesting to see what decision the club will make at the end of the season.

To me he is probably worth 10 to 15 million.

....seems to be involved in a lot of our attacking play and finds himself in good advantageous positions but his end product....!!!

He appears to flatter to deceive, everything looks good but assists should be right up there in his stats even if his goal scoring is not his strong point. I am not writing him off, things can change but I get the impressions this is all we can get out of him.

He might be best suited to look at himself as a provider and be more aware of the people around him, a lot of players see scoring goals as the barometer to success instead of realising it is just as important to provide. 

• Like 1

My Everton supporting mate reckons he could be good there when he was brought off the bench but was disappointing when he started games. Flattered to deceive. He also thought that Gray looked good, but that was a few weeks ago.

They seem to be a similar type of player. I’m not sure that he will prove to be a sufficient upgrade on either Gray or Under to make it worth making the deal a permanent one in the summer. 

The search for a decent winger may need to continue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, andy peake said:

My Everton supporting mate reckons he could be good there when he was brought off the bench but was disappointing when he started games. Flattered to deceive. He also thought that Gray looked good, but that was a few weeks ago.

They seem to be a similar type of player. I’m not sure that he will prove to be a sufficient upgrade on either Gray or Under to make it worth making the deal a permanent one in the summer. 

The search for a decent winger may need to continue.

Disagree tbh. Ademola in his shortime here has been better than gray ever was. He's just not a wing back. 

12 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Lookman is a good winger for a mediocre team which is sadly what we are right now.

I think he can be very good for us. Still think we need another winger that's naturally a rw but he's very good. Why the sudden dig at him? 

Edited by NasPb

....Berardi producing this season, 9 games 4 goals and 3 assists, going to cost but worth it!!!

Lookman is going to become an enigma, a switch back to the Right Wing would help him so much. It would be so great for him, for it to take off here, but I believe unless he changes his game, he will be continue to work hard and keep getting the same results.

Missing out on Berardi might have been the catalyst where we would have been on the front foot at the start of the season, and with confidence flowing through the the team,

we might not be going through this downturn in performances.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Finally got his much deserved Premier League goal today that not even VAR could rule out.

Maddison and Vardy were the star turns today, but I was impressed by Ade, thought he had a very good game. I'd be very pleased if we signed him on a permanent at the end of the season if he continues to play like this. He's creative up front and offers a different type of threat to Barnes.

Thought he had a poor first half tbh but better in the second. He's better when he keeps things simple I think. Flatters to deceive for me and not much end product. I can see why he's going from club to club. Squad player at best but if we have any future ambition we need to be buying better than we have and not just additional squad players. Unless he improves drastically it's a no from me for a permanent move.

Daka was a good signing and I think Soumare will come on but, Vestergaard, Bertrand and Lookman, albeit there are reasons behind their signings, are our passport to mid table or lower mediocrity. I don't know whether as rumoured, that these signings are at the behest of Rodgers and Congerton or not but, if they are, we need to return to whatever we were doing before. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Thought he had a poor first half tbh but better in the second. He's better when he keeps things simple I think. Flatters to deceive for me and not much end product. I can see why he's going from club to club. Squad player at best but if we have any future ambition we need to be buying better than we have. Unless he improves drastically it's a no from me. 

Daka was a good signing and I think Soumare will come on but, Vestergaard, Bertrand and Lookman, albeit there reasons behind their signings, are our passport to mid table or lower mediocrity. I don't know whether as rumoured, that these signings are at the behest of Rodgers and Congerton but, if they are, we need to return to whatever we were doing before. 

Where's Steve Walsh, could do with another gem :D

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

Still can't make my mind up on lookman. He feels like he's contributing more than Under did, but, still feels like a plaster over the problem that Mahrez left us. Club haven't gone out and spent on this position and in truth it shows sadly. Lookman feels like a purchase you'd make to bulk out the squad options, not start in them

• Like 3