Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Still can't make my mind up on lookman. He feels like he's contributing more than Under did, but, still feels like a plaster over the problem that Mahrez left us. Club haven't gone out and spent on this position and in truth it shows sadly. Lookman feels like a purchase you'd make to bulk out the squad options, not start in them

I still think that the main rationale behind the loan, and Brendan did allude to this at the time, was cover for Barnes after what happened towards the end of last season. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Still can't make my mind up on lookman. He feels like he's contributing more than Under did, but, still feels like a plaster over the problem that Mahrez left us. Club haven't gone out and spent on this position and in truth it shows sadly. Lookman feels like a purchase you'd make to bulk out the squad options, not start in them

I think Lookman has suffered from being in and out of the team, but I certainly think he is more suited to the Premier League than Under. I know he has only one PL goal, but some of those offside goals were by the smallest of margins. I also think the manager likes him, and I never felt that way about Under. 

Is he Mahrez? No, but not many are.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

That's probably a fair assessment, but that still makes him a valuable signing. Who would you rather start in your team on the right hand side out of these players?

- Perez

- Albrighton

- Gray

- Ghezzal

- Under

- Lookman

Lookman is still very early in his Leicester career and already looking like our best option in that position. He already has 3 goals and 1 assist across all competitions, which is better than Barnes, Perez and Albrighton, and that's despite being very unfortunate with several goals unfairly ruled out from VAR and without having a full pre-season with us. 

It will be interesting to see his stats at the end of the season compared to Barnes. Lookman may not be on Riyad Mahrez's level, but if he's on the same level as Barnes, that would be fine with me!

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I like him but it doesn’t look like he has any friends in the team. 

Not the case looking at the players on Insta. Him and Madders were friends beforehand as well.  

I like the guy. Just look at how long it’s taken Sancho to find his feet for Man U. Lookman has pretty much hit the ground running. He’s got room for improvement of course, but he has slotted in nicely. 

• Like 2

I'd be seriously considering buying him permanently.  He's got a sublime first touch and he's a clever passer too - he carved open Watford with a smart pass into the box for Castagne and was coming centrally and dragging the opposition players all over the pitch.

Obviously he's raw and can be inconsistent but I think he's got a really high ceiling. He's exactly the type of diamond in the rough player we can polish. 

• Like 1

We don't have masses of wide options.

If we could keep Lookman and add other quality RW the squad would look more balanced.

15 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Let be honest replacing one of the best RW in the PL who is CL quality was always going to be difficult for a club like us. 

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Finally got his much deserved Premier League goal today that not even VAR could rule out.

Maddison and Vardy were the star turns today, but I was impressed by Ade, thought he had a very good game. I'd be very pleased if we signed him on a permanent at the end of the season if he continues to play like this. He's creative up front and offers a different type of threat to Barnes.

Maybe one of us had a different view through the blizzard but I thought he was largely average until he scored. 

He wasn't particularly poor he was just a bit anonymous until the game started to break down a bit in the second half. Thought both him and Barnes had fairly quiet first halves. 

Ironically, I thought he came in to the game in the ten minutes or so before he got subbed off which was a shame, he was in the ascendancy when the sub was made. 

Harsh to judge anyone too much in the game though given the circumstances. 

I have mixed feelings about him so far. I'd describe him as solid but unspectacular. In a perfect world I'd rather we sign someone better in the summer and finally make a winger a priority for our "main" signing of the window. 

Given I imagine we'll need to replace Tielemans and still ideally need more quality at CB, I don't think that'll happen though. Especially given we probably won't make Europe. 

So if it's about 15m to keep him or loan some rando then yeah I'd keep him. Alternatively, if we DO make signing wingers a major priority to the extent we sign two, I'd happily make him the cheaper one. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Maybe one of us had a different view through the blizzard but I thought he was largely average until he scored. 

He wasn't particularly poor he was just a bit anonymous until the game started to break down a bit in the second half. Thought both him and Barnes had fairly quiet first halves. 

Ironically, I thought he came in to the game in the ten minutes or so before he got subbed off which was a shame, he was in the ascendancy when the sub was made. 

Harsh to judge anyone too much in the game though given the circumstances. 

I have mixed feelings about him so far. I'd describe him as solid but unspectacular. In a perfect world I'd rather we sign someone better in the summer and finally make a winger a priority for our "main" signing of the window. 

Given I imagine we'll need to replace Tielemans and still ideally need more quality at CB, I don't think that'll happen though. Especially given we probably won't make Europe. 

So if it's about 15m to keep him or loan some rando then yeah I'd keep him. Alternatively, if we DO make signing wingers a major priority to the extent we sign two, I'd happily make him the cheaper one. 

. .£10m as a utility player and bring in a genuine Right Winger!!!

If Tielemans goes (a big If) then we have the finance to pick-up a quality wide forward. 

With Tarkowski acquired on a free( I feel the deal has already been done) we will be with sufficient funds to replace Youri.

Jean Pyerre would be my player but his stats just do not reflect his quality.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

How much would he actually end up costing us to sign permanently, do you reckon? I wouldn't have thought he was that much longer left on his contract at RB Leipzig? 

I could be wrong, but, I thought we had a £19m option to buy after the loan???

I think I said after the previous game that our search for a Right Sided midfielder would continue at the end of the season. I’m still not fully convinced by Lookman.

Credit where it is due, however, he did pretty well against Watford. It’s ok saying that their defence was poor, but you still have to put the work in. That’s what I was most impressed with against the hornets - his work rate. 

I fancied starting with Ayoze before the game, but AL rewarded Brendan with his faith in him. Perhaps Albrighton delivers more from a defensive perspective, but Lookman offers more up front as a wide forward in a three. I hope he keeps it up as it would save us a lot of money if he could make the position his own. 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

How much would he actually end up costing us to sign permanently, do you reckon? I wouldn't have thought he was that much longer left on his contract at RB Leipzig? 

Will have 2 years left on his Leipzig deal in the summer

Some articles have mentioned there is an option to buy and others haven't mentioned one, neither club mentioned one in the announcements either

1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Between 15 / 20 million i feel 

Not worth more than 10. Clearly second string squad player. By cheap buy twice, we've done it far too often now for that position on the right with the exception of the price tag for Perez! Reason alone to keep Rodgers away from future recruitment. 

• Like 2

Leipzig payed 16 mill for him 2 years ago, so would imagine they'd want something close to that minus what ever loan fee we've paid this season. Rodgers clearly trusts him more than Under to start 5 EPL games so far, compared to Unders 1 start last season. . Think he's done quite well so far and could be a decent squad player, who can cover both wings but still need to recruit a  top 6 standard RW..

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not worth more than 10. Clearly second string squad player. By cheap buy twice, we've done it far too often now for that position on the right with the exception of the price tag for Perez! Reason alone to keep Rodgers away from future recruitment. 

If he wasn't English, you'd probably be right but he is so closer to £20m would be the fee as it stands. Obviously dealing the closer he gets to his contract ending. 

German clubs were quite savvy in buying young England players knowing that England is where the money is and they will eventually come calling for their young talent back to meet homegrown criteria. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Would love to know how high up on the recruitment wish list Lookman was at the start of the summer. Did we go for him after we missed out on our main targets or was he one of our main targets all along and waited until the end of the window to get him on a loan/cheaper price. 

• Like 1