Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

I think he was just suffering from tiredness. First half no one was that good. Second half while he was on he just looked knackered and wasn't even able to beat his full back. 

An off game for him but seen enough on other games to not totally give up on him. 

• Like 2

Guest Kopfkino

I really would like to see him get a run of games with Ricardo. Castagne last night was basically Danny Simpson, offered him absolutely no support going forward and all he had were balls into him back to goal

48 minutes ago, mucfox said:

Gray was bad,
Under was even worse,
Perez was and is also bad,
but Lookman is the absolute coronation of all. 
I am shocked how this guy makes it into the starting XI. Sorry I can't understand BR...

His selection reflects the quality of our other RW options. It's disappointing that we seem determined to solve the RW problem on the cheap when we were willing to spend £35m on a (admittedly brilliant) 18 yo CB. Maybe we are being forced to go for low cost wide right players like Lookman, Under and Ghezzal, who've previously shown glimpses of potential but have since lost their way, as the real quality wide forwards want to sign for big clubs. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Interesting nobody has mentioned the cushioned pass to Wilf which led to Evans scoring….it is about what your expectation of a creative forward player is….one assist?Two? Goal? ( he got one against Watford) I can see why people are questioning his ability, but a definite step up from Ghezzal, Under….and he is playing in a team under performing….

• Like 1

I see something completely different than most on here. He’s the only forward who’s capable of playing with his back to goal and he does a fairly decent job of it. I think he’s been solid and played a big part in our first goal with a sublime left foot touch and quick pass to Ndidi. The only reason why he was subbed yesterday was because he was on a yellow and BR didn’t want him sent off/suspended. He could have played better but ppl on here make him sound like Josh Low.

He’ll play again on Sunday.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He was getting absolutely manhandled every time he got on the ball. They were doubling up on him at times as well which at the very least left more room for others. He's not outstanding but I think for a reasonable price he'd be a solid addition.

What's reasonable and what could be better used towards financing a better player? We need influential starters not mediocre wage sapping also rans. To progress we need better players not just collecting for collecting's sake.

8 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I see something completely different than most on here. He’s the only forward who’s capable of playing with his back to goal and he does a fairly decent job of it. I think he’s been solid and played a big part in our first goal with a sublime left foot touch and quick pass to Ndidi. The only reason why he was subbed yesterday was because he was on a yellow and BR didn’t want him sent off/suspended. He could have played better but ppl on here make him sound like Josh Low.

He’ll play again on Sunday.

No they don't. If a player isn't good enough and people comment on it then it doesn't mean we're comparing his to previous poor players.

I wish people would move on from the whole "we played in League 1", "but we used to have Josh Low" comments. There's no correlation between then and where we are now.

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No they don't. If a player isn't good enough and people comment on it then it doesn't mean we're comparing his to previous poor players.

I wish people would move on from the whole "we played in League 1", "but we used to have Josh Low" comments. There's no correlation between then and where we are now.

To be honest I was suggesting that at all. I can’t even remember how Josh Low played, I remember he had a bald head and he wasn’t very good.

The point I was trying to make is all the games I’ve seen he’s the only guy in the last few games who comes to ball and give that option and although he hasn’t been shining he’s done a decent job but the comments on here you’d think he’d made a ton of mistakes. BR has clearly told him to do play like this because he must rate his ability to try and link up play. I recognise what he does is very hard especially when he has a guy tight behind him all the time but even then I felt he won his fair share of battles.

He’s easily been better than Barnes this season so far and I’m pretty confident BR likes him and will continue to play him there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

To be honest I was suggesting that at all. I can’t even remember how Josh Low played, I remember he had a bald head and he wasn’t very good.

The point I was trying to make is all the games I’ve seen he’s the only guy in the last few games who comes to ball and give that option and although he hasn’t been shining he’s done a decent job but the comments on here you’d think he’d made a ton of mistakes. BR has clearly told him to do play like this because he must rate his ability to try and link up play. I recognise what he does is very hard especially when he has a guy tight behind him all the time but even then I felt he won his fair share of battles.

He’s easily been better than Barnes this season so far and I’m pretty confident BR likes him and will continue to play him there.

Yeah I agree with most of that as well. He’s far from perfect but not a bad player at all, he tries to be positive when he has the ball and looks to beat his man or play it forwards. The final product isn’t always there but I think he contributes to the attacks more than any of the other right wingers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

What's reasonable and what could be better used towards financing a better player? We need influential starters not mediocre wage sapping also rans. To progress we need better players not just collecting for collecting's sake.

Would take him if we could get him for £10m, he adds an option that we don't have otherwise imo. Also just because we theoretically have the money doesn't mean our number 1 target winger is actually available or that they actually want to come here. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is playing better than Sancho and he cost £70 million. I can't think of any winger who is doing particularly well. He also does a bit more defending than Barnes.

Shows how little Barnes is doing!!!  Can't believe I am saying this but short term Perez is a better bet with Lookman coming on last 30 each game.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Would take him if we could get him for £10m, he adds an option that we don't have otherwise imo. Also just because we theoretically have the money doesn't mean our number 1 target winger is actually available or that they actually want to come here. 

The latter part is absolutely true of course and many of these right sided players, that some on this forum have craved over the last couple of years or so have turned out to be damp squibs anyway. 

I just don't genuinely think that there are that many around anyway. Barradi's name pops up a lot but as you say, whether he'd even consider coming here if good enough is a different matter. 

Lookman for me thus far for me isn't much of an upgrade on what we've already got to spend yet even more money. He's very lightweight and is easily pushed off the ball. He looks to have some skill in terms of clever little flicks and a bit of trickery but the ball never seems to find it's target often enough or his trickery leads nowhere. I think 10m would be the absolute most you'd want to pay but I suspect they'd ask almost double that. As buy him we may as well have kept Gray or Under, neither of which had the continuous amount of nearly full game time that Lookman has had to prove themselves or weren't being allowed to play to their strengths. If, like Perez, Lookman is a Rodgers choice of player then he'll get flogged to death to try and prove the manager right.

So many on here insist two wingers is the way to go. Nostalgia for Mahrez- Albrighton of 2016 perhaps. Those days are gone , we had a rock solid defense then. If Lookman-Barnes are going to start ,they have got to get back and defend . Yes, it means a lot of running but they are young so should not be a problem. In fact the only ones who can be excused defending are Vardy-Daka. We simply must tighten up this ship.

• Like 2