Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

It is hard to make your mind up about Ade. He can look great for 20 minutes and then look bang average.

But my main issue with Lookman is he offers little more offensively than either Albrighton or Perez in terms of goal contributions in the PL

Whilst both of those offer more to the side defensively, which is more useful at the moment.

I'd rather us blood someone from the Academy than pay money for another average winger to go with the two average wingers we have.  

ADI.JPG

• Like 1

I've been a long term admirer of him having kept a close eye on his progress since he broke onto the scene at Charlton but admittedly only watched him intermittently in televised games where I've always felt he seemed to offer a threat. 

Having watched him live in our games and more regularly I can certainly see the comparisons to Demarai Gray. The lad technically looks very strong but similarly to Demarai he doesn't seem too have a great degree of footballing intelligence. As things stand I'm not convinced he's anymore than a squad player at the moment, and I think for the price it wouldn't represent particularly good value as a permanent signing. 

5 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

His first few performances were good. Very bright. It's like Rogers has told him "steady on lad, I don't want you running with the ball. My right wingers don't do that". It's odd how he's shifted to be so negative and shite.

Agree, he knows he has no future here and if no one else can be arsed, why should he?

This lad can dribble but he is definitely lacking a footballing brain. He doesn't look particularly interested, I get that he's out on loan but this is his chance to earn a permanent deal.. his body language at times says otherwise. But then I suppose we were saying the same about Kel once upon a time. 

1 minute ago, Brooksy said:

You don't mind him being shite if he puts the effort in but he's not even doing that. What's worse is he just gives needless freekicks away. Bin

He did this against Legia Warsaw as well. I know he's not the most popular player but Perez offers so much more defensively and presses the ball well. Given we're conceding too many, he has to play. If not Perez, then Albrighton.