Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

When he played in his preferred position on the left he’s been a different player. He understands the role better than when he’s on the right. From an ability perspective he takes the ball under pressure, keeps it close to his body and has got excellent dribbling skills. Those two latter points compare favourably against Barnsey who is much more a player who relies on pace and less on close control or dribbling. For me he is best seen as direct competition with Barnes and at the moment when both are fit I’d currently play Lookman on that left side with Barnes as an alternate option off the bench. That means we still need a right wing option alongside Albrighton and surely this window or the next that needs to be sorted. I would definitely buy Lookman though, his goal tonight was worth a contract on its own. 

Edited by funkyrobot

29 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

He holds up the ball much better than Gray, and puts in more of a defensive shift most of the time. I'd say getting rid of Gray and bringing in Lookman is good business. Maybe he's not the world class RW we'd like to go with Barnes, but he's definitely good enough as a rotation option / bring on in the 60th minute.

100x better than having Perez on the wing, that's for sure

Yes, this is the point I’m making. Surely nobody expected him to be world class but he’s very solid. If we offloaded Perez in the summer, bought Lookman and spent big on a top quality winger then it would be good business.

• Like 1

This is probably a game I will remember for a long time and, therefore, Lookman’s contribution will be remembered. Most of all I liked his attitude when he came on - determined to make an impact on the game. He’s not a player short of effort. 

Personally I’m not totally convinced by him. I’ve thought earlier in the season that he’s probably one who won’t return, but does he improve our squad? Given that he’s up against: Barnes, Albrighton and Perez you’d have to say that he probably does. 

He might be worth a punt if his wage demands aren’t too high and it doesn’t impede our ability to continue the search for a right sided winger. Barnes, Lookman and another high quality RW and we definitely have an improved squad. 

Edited by Jobyfox

Can’t fault this lads effort every game. 

reading comments tonight. “Decent squad player”   “Not mahrez”  “needs to do it more” 

Scored the winner tonight off the bench and scored past city 2 days ago. Same amount of game time we gave gray and already showing he’s better. 

seems to be able to use both feet well, has had more success on the left than the right. He had a great start when he joined us, had a crisis of confidence for a few games but now he's back. Could he be similar to demeria with his development?, If he continued with performances like that he'd sure give Barnes a run for his money

2 hours ago, Corky said:

He's got two years left on his Leipzig deal in the summer. I reckon we could get him for around £8 million.

I think we have an option. Either way I can’t see it being a hard deal to make Happen. 

2 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I don’t think that anybody is saying that he is a Mahrez replacement but I think he does a job. Good dribbler and draws some clever fouls. Given he is out of contract this summer, if we can pick him up for a decent price and he is prepared to be a squad player then I’d sign him up. He gets some harsh criticism on here imo, he is a far better player than Gray and Ünder.

I think this is a great point. If we'd not seen how poorly Under and Gray had been given their numerous chances then j think we'd be a bit 50/50 on signing him but it's a no brainer given how he's done compared to them and the points you made.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Hes better on the left.

I'd get him in the summer. He's great cover for Barnes and is actually pushing him for his place.

Still need that elusive left footed right winger.