Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

12 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Yes, I think it was mentioned to be around 25m

...your are not loaning out a £25m player....!!!

Not worth that price, £10m or there abouts but we need a bona-fide RW and he is not it.

Barnes when he gains his confidence back is our Left Winger, we cannot be splashing out £25m on a back up.

Should we choose to play Tielemans, Soumare and KDH in the middle we will not have to splash out too much in the Summer transfer window, and can then afford a ready made wide Forward.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

In the defeat at Villa, in slating his performance that day on the radio, Clinton Morrison reckoned Lookman was the most skilled, talented player of that group of players coming out of south London. But he needed to work harder in games, know better when to have a go or not at a defender, and more importantly when did, really go for it with confidence. I think he showed glimpses in last two games of that. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

16 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I was so impressed by how committed he was to defending last night. He’s always looked a bit off and unsure of where when to press but last night, he worked so hard on both sides of the ball and completely changed the game. 

Better tactically than Harvey 

that’s something Barnes needs to work on 

big few months upcoming for lookman 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Better tactically than Harvey 

that’s something Barnes needs to work on 

big few months upcoming for lookman 

Gotta love that sort of competition in the side, it’s only going to make both players better. 

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...surely that will have some bearing on whether we choose to pick him up on a permanent deal!!!

4 year contract - average 50 games per season - 200 games over the course of 4 years. 

AFCON every 2 years, possible 7 games to get to the final - total during contract 14 games. 

So they’re not available for  7% of the games during the contracted period. 

If anything, I guess it alters how much we’d be willing to pay and how wages are paid, total overall salary and wages during periods of absence.

It doesn’t hurt having players missing. Not ideal I know, however if the player is available for the right price and we can mitigate the the spread of that risk throughout the squad, then it works. 

39 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Regardless of whether we keep him or not, I'll always remember him fondly now after that Liverpool goal. Similar to how I'll always remember Nathan Dyer fondly for his crucial winning goal vs Villa in the title winning season.

I think we’ll be keeping him, if the rumoured £15-20m buying clause is true then he’s worth it in this market 

Two assists today to back up his recent goalscoring exploits from Lookman. The reverse pass for Maddison's goal was absolutely exceptional. Looked a real live wire all game and showed a great mix of strong hold-up play, ability to transition us up the pitch and great running in behind. Really finding his feet at the time when we need him most. Nice work Ade. 

• Like 3