Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

If there is an option to sign for under £20m just get it done. Started brilliantly, has shown the same form recently so even with the poor performances in between, he has great versatility and will only get better. Would still want to see a genuinely top drawer right winger but he's better than what we have right now.

Guest Kopfkino

I do really like him but we are crying out for a proper left-footed RW and given Brendan’s pleading poverty, a permanent deal might be a bit of a luxury?

I really like him. I don’t think he’s set the world alight in his loan spell but there’s a player there and he’s really shown improvement in recent games, seems to have a good relationship with the other attackers. His assist for Maddison’s goal in particular is lovely. I’d sign him up.

• Like 2

Got to sign him permanently. He's enjoying his football, gelled well with Maddison and Barnes, can play well across the front line, and is available to us for £15m.

Rodgers said Ade was a great player, he just needed a home. I think he's found it.

• Like 1

My man of the match today. He was played out of position and made telling contributions for 3 of the 4 goals. He deserved a goal at the end, which turned into a sneak assist for Albrighton.

His attitude is first class. He works hard in every game and does not shy away from the defensive work. He unselfishly played in Maddison and Barnes for their goals, and both passes were superb, a clever reverse pass and a sumptuous through ball for Harvey.

I would be shocked if he wasn't signed up now. Rodgers has got consistency into his game, and he is versatile enough to play multiple positions. A valuable squad member who may even be a lock for the first team. He's better on the left, but one assist came from a central position and one from the right hand side, which just goes to show how useful he is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

After being good, then being shite for a month, he's really really kicked on

That's what you'd probably call 'settling in'. 

Takes time to get used to other players, new environment, unfamiliar surroundings. Elite players adapt very quickly, others not so much. But give that non-elite player time, and they'll soon find their feet. 

Lookman has proved that. Give them time and you'll see the benefits on the pitch as to what that specific player can provide. Now he looks to have settled in perhaps off the pitch, we now see goals and assists on it from Lookman, and if not that, then key contributions and good performances. 

• 4 weeks later...