Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

Not going to argue that he's better on the right but I actually think he's fine out there. Certainly much better than what we have so even just for that reason, you have to sign him at £20m. Add in he's very good as a left winger and can play further forward centrally, as a 10 and even put a shift in at wing back and it's a no brainer to get him in.

We still want that quality right winger but he'd be an excellent addition.

played well yesterday but i don't see the point in him taking a place in the squad if it means we can't sign a naturally right sided forward player who is any good there. We know the club operates a one in-one out strategy when it comes to assembling the squad so if we can't get rid of Perez then I would hope we wouldn't sign Lookman jus to be a poor mans Harvey Barnes.

• Like 1

All things considered apart from Youre of course I think lookman has been the best prospect we’ve had on loan with a view to buy. I say we buy him. He’s young, hungry, fast,starting to score goals been good imo and will only get better! Price is right.

let’s sort out the other areas that need major attention. No messing around our recruitment has to be spot on this summer or heads have to roll.

• Like 4

I get the feeling that Lookman is very much a “confidence” player

IF, and I say IF, we can get back to the fast attacking style, which tore many teams to shreds when we were on song, then I feel he can be a real asset to the side.

Confidence is the big thing for him and the team

Just for pure business sense, we should sign him. I think he will always be good enough to sell on, almost risk free at that cost.  One strong season and he'd be easily 30m given his age. An upgrade on Demari as an option on the wing, but as others have said... we still need that RW

• Like 1

A good player to have as he can provide competition for Barnes but also be okay cover on the right

Like many have said we still need that actual right winger but would be happy to go into next season with

Left Wing: Barnes, Lookman

Right Wing: New RW, Lookman, Albrighton

Then the summer after next is when you look for someone as proper competition for the right winger

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

A good player to have as he can provide competition for Barnes but also be okay cover on the right

Like many have said we still need that actual right winger but would be happy to go into next season with

Left Wing: Barnes, Lookman

Right Wing: New RW, Lookman, Albrighton

Then the summer after next is when you look for someone as proper competition for the right winger

Certainly is a nice thought isnt it (RW).

25 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

He’s not as effective on the right. Not sure how many times it has to be said 

....the idea is not for him to play the Right Forward/Winger role as the first choice!!!

Also cover for Barnes and £20m or less, but he will frustrate in the long run, he isn't our player at the moment but I feel he will be viewed differently when we sign him.

Some good footwork today and great running at players but needed to look up a bit more today, quite a few times Nacho had made a run and he didn’t even look at making a pass

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Lookman needed to release the ball quicker today but as usual he showed for the ball well, was a willing runner and opened up space for us. We looked much more of a threat when we shuffled the pack and dropped Albrighton back to RB and brought Lookman on. 

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I like the way he tracks back to defend and he is strong in the tackle and possession. Should have got a shot away today though. Still a buy for me. 

.....28 games played 6 goals and 4 assists so far this season, he will continue to frustrate and you get the feeling if he has not learned to play people in when the opportunities arise as opposed to taking that extra touch or beating the extra man!!!

He should be an assist machine, that is worth as much as someone scoring, but he does want to hold on too long.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....28 games played 6 goals and 4 assists so far this season, he will continue to frustrate and you get the feeling if he has not learned to play people in when the opportunities arise as opposed to taking that extra touch or beating the extra man!!!

He should be an assist machine, that is worth as much as someone scoring, but he does want to hold on too long.

Yes that is true. He puts the work in though. I can’t remember the game but at one point he looked totally lost and out but bounced back the next game. I do think there is a player in there though and I do think he is learning albeit it takes time. I think the decision to confirm him will definitely depend on the price. He may not wish to extend also. 

• Like 1

If we want to be up and around the top 6, you don't sign players like Lookman, you try to off load them, fortunately he's not our player, it's not a coincidence he never seems to fit in anywhere he's been, it's because he not consistent enough..