Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

48 minutes ago, rachhere said:

He's played too much (and ahead of Perez) for Brendan to not really rate him. I am sure Sharky coming in ahead of him has been about rotation and wanting a bit extra defensively when we knew we had tricky matches ahead, rather than it reflecting a drop of confidence in him. Confident he will start today. Lookman to come in at the end of the season and most likely Perez to move on. 

...can't see that being the case!!!

Lookman was at one stage a guaranteed starter and Brendan did no hesitate to put him in. Rodgers attitude to rotation is that, it only exist, if no one else is available.

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Diamond or Maddison wide right

Seems to be the only way to get Maddison in the side which is ridiculous really when you think of how good he was in that 6-8 game stretch a few months back - Rodgers seems to prefer that midfield 3 with Albrighton on the right - makes us a lot harder to beat no doubt - I think Maddison has suffered that when he has got in recently it’s been in the same games where lookman has started on the right and we are wide open for a spanking - need to find a way to get that middle 3 and Maddison into the 11 at the same time - he is still that only real bit of quality on the ball we have - shows how good kdh has been - probably first name on team sheet - anyway Iv digressed - back to lookman - left wing - only left wing - good Barnes understudy and squad player - sign him up 

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Impressed me enough this season to warrant signing permenantly

However that is only if it isn't at the expense of signing a proper right winger

Lookman would be a good signing to bring in to be able to provide good cover/rotation for Barnes and the right winger

For someone whose main position is left wing, he has still done well enough when the majority of his games have been on the right

That's my take, if we want to get back to challenging for the top 6 we need that quality RW.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

That's my take, if we want to get back to challenging for the top 6 we need that quality RW.

If want to stay in the PL we will need to stop conceding 60 goals a season. If we had conceded 10 goals less this season we would have had a shot at the top 6. Our attack has done a decent job this season our overriding problems are in defense.

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I think he's a decent player but we need better if we are serious about competing in the top half regularly.

Are people seriously suggesting we spend 40 to 50 million. Fee + Salary over a 4 or 5 yr contract.

With little chance of any upside.

I don't think so.

I'd sooner use a development player if needed than waste that kind of money.

We're not Man Utd.

His price is 15M. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Need someone like Hakim Ziyech for me.

....at one stage I suspect that we would have paid a kings ransom to pick him up before his move to Chelsea!!!

He has had a less than average contribution to the Premier League and it maybe now his form is about to start turn to  around.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....at one stage I suspect that we would have paid a kings ransom to pick him up before his move to Chelsea!!!

He has had a less than average contribution to the Premier League and it maybe now his form is about to start turn to  around.

That's why I said like :thumbup:

On 21/03/2022 at 01:14, sacreblueits442 said:

....he would have to have cost £20m and be on approx. £80k a week over 5 years to cost us £40m!!!

Not sure if we should be looking to spend that much to secure him and offer those type of wages for squad depth.

I think he’d be very lucky to get a 5 year deal 3 at most I’d say.