Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

Just now, Gav_LCFC14 said:

First signing of the summer for me. Looks fantastic every time he's played this season. 

It's his workrate and desire to press that I like. He's effective going forward (particularly on the left) but he's got Albrighton-like levels of tenacity too. Sign him up!

• Like 1

On 12/04/2022 at 10:55, Shane said:

Lookman + 1 of Madueke/De Ketelaere i’m guessing. Doubt we will sign all 3? We might have Madueke wrapped up early on like we did with Soumare, so it’ll be a shame to miss out on De Ketelaere. 

....out of the 3, the realistic acquisition would be De Ketelaere, a bit of a missing link!!!

Covers the inconsistency of Nacho and can score, link the play, hold up the ball and an all round a quality player. We need to play him upfront and not in the inside right or left.

At the risk of stating the bleedin’ obvious, Lookman is a much better bet on the left than Barnes right now.

And let’s not forget he also scored the winner v Liverpool (which is as good as it gets in my book - and, better still, could yet cost Klopp and co the title).

• Like 2

I thought Lookman was excellent, injected much needed pace and beat his man more than once. Sure he lost the ball a few times but he looked a consistent threat and I think he helped set up the second goal (I think he did anyway).  He definitely set up that great Perez chance that was saved by their keeper.

At 15 mill we should be signing him. He can compete with Barnes on the left + cover on the right as well. While we need to sign a starting RW as well, we really need 3 good quality wingers in the squad, rather than running 2 into the ground all season. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Not enough love on here for the anticipation Lookman showed in getting on the end of that Dewsbury-Hall pass that cut  PSV open. Not many of us can say we saw that pass was even on!

I mentioned in the KDH thread - great run and well spotted by KDH.  

I thought Lookman was excellent. Took a while for him to work out how to past their defence but once he found his feet he looked quick and sharp and that ball sticks to his feet. 

He's first choice for now.