Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Got to be signed up. And on current form should be starting ahead of Barnes. 

Harvey will come good again, on his A game he’s one our best players. But Lookman is proving to be a good player and making a great impact of recent. 

Right now, there are so many games coming, I think they will be rotated. I wouldn't be surprised to see Barnes start on Sunday. But I'd be shocked if we didn't sign Lookman on a permanent deal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tsintskaro said:

I remember at the start how bad he was, it felt like he could not be arsed

nice to see improvement 

sign him and decent RW and we are good 

At Fulham he had similar impact when he played although he was a bit flashier there and at Everton. I remember he missed an important penalty for Fulham trying to do a panenka. Rightly got lynched for that. Still I was pleased we signed him as you could see the potential. He was in a documentary recently about young london footballers that was very insightful into his character. I think there is till more to come. Sign him up if fee is reasonable. 

I like him, not sure he'll ever be a world beater but he's definitely a good rotation/impact option.

Not convinced we have to sign him up, I wouldn't break the bank for him, but for a decent fee and not extortionate wages I'd be happy to see him here full time.

This signing makes sense for both. I don't think he'd get a better move as although I do really rate him I think he's a luxury player to have for many teams, but, the luxury player we need as another option. He thrives on quick balls in tight spaces which is what BR seems to try to promote at the club. 

43 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

if you were him would you actually sign though? he’s not really got the minutes he’s deserved. 

Over 30 games I think, playing in Europe, knowing the team will challenge at the top of the league, or has the potential too. 
Played international football since he’s been here and with a coach who will continue to develop him. 
I can’t see why he wouldn’t sign if given the opportunity.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

if you were him would you actually sign though? he’s not really got the minutes he’s deserved. 

No player " deserves " any minutes. It's called fighting for your place. You make yourself a first team pick it's not a given. If he has any sense he will carry on playing like he has this lately to ensure he gets signed. As it stand we are his best future option of top flight football. I hope he takes it. 

A lot on here like the idea of a one dimensional right winger like Mahrez or Ziyech but I think we need our forwards to be versatile. The more possible combinations  up front the better. Ade fits that bill very well and he will score goals for us . My only worry is the better he plays ,the more expensive he will become. Hopefully we have already fixed a potential fee.

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A lot on here like the idea of a one dimensional right winger like Mahrez or Ziyech but I think we need our forwards to be versatile. The more possible combinations  up front the better. Ade fits that bill very well and he will score goals for us . My only worry is the better he plays ,the more expensive he will become. Hopefully we have already fixed a potential fee.

...give me a one dimensional player any day...!!!

The current trend for versatility in a player only works if the player himself  is intelligent in and out of possession. Versatility is only a value when all your subs are utilised and you need to put someone in a makeshift position to see out a game.

You want players who understands their own position an makes it work in tandem with their team mates.

Mahrez was not exactly one

dimensional, as opposed to just playing in one position, it was hard to guess if he was going to play Vardy in, our go for goal instead. Showing Mahrez down the line would be the appropriate move for defenders  but they still could not stop him from coming inside, and once he had moved inside he had options.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Mahrez - one dimensional? Wtf?

Great on both feet, could go inside, outside, cross, long pass over the top, shoot, dribble, hands down the best first touch in the country (ManCity fans all agree too) and could stop a long pass dead, could leave defenders on their arse.

What was his one dimension?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...give me a one dimensional player any day...!!!

The current trend for versatility in a player only works if the player himself  is intelligent in and out of possession. Versatility is only a value when all your subs are utilised and you need to put someone in a makeshift position to see out a game.

You want players who understands their own position an makes it work in tandem with their team mates.

Mahrez was not exactly one

dimensional, as opposed to just playing in one position, it was hard to guess if he was going to play Vardy in, our go for goal instead. Showing Mahrez down the line would be the appropriate move for defenders  but they still could not stop him from coming inside, and once he had moved inside he had options.

Mahrez's snake charmer left foot is unique in world football so we will never replicate that. If we keep looking, we will keep failing its well past the time to move on.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Oh dear.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Mahrez - one dimensional? Wtf?

Great on both feet, could go inside, outside, cross, long pass over the top, shoot, dribble, hands down the best first touch in the country (ManCity fans all agree too) and could stop a long pass dead, could leave defenders on their arse.

What was his one dimension?

He can do all those things of course but he only ever plays right wing and unlike Sterling for instance you can't play him anywhere else.

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He can do all those things of course but he only ever plays right wing and unlike Sterling for instance you can't play him anywhere else.

Played as a number 10 for us in that 3-4-1-2 during the great escape run and was pretty great.

7 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

No player " deserves " any minutes. It's called fighting for your place. You make yourself a first team pick it's not a given. If he has any sense he will carry on playing like he has this lately to ensure he gets signed. As it stand we are his best future option of top flight football. I hope he takes it. 

well if they play well then you’d consider that fighting for their place no? he’s played well and as Brendan has done with many in the past, he’s made him a bit of a fall guy. there are certain players who can have  half a bad game and be dropped completely then there are ones who can consistently be bad and still get opportunities. 

There’s always been a Brendan bias with certain players. Maybe it’s because he’s on loan, i’m not really sure but on 2 occasions he’s come in made a huge impact had a short run and the second he doesn’t have a great game he’s back out again. 

i think it was after the run of games at xmas brendan was asked about signing him, he said first he needs to get to double figures then we will look at it. seemed a great motivation for the player but since that moment he essentially just had minutes from the bench. 

I doubt he will be brendan’s biggest admirer that’s all i’m saying. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

It didnt look great for him that he went so long before getting the first goal.

When the one at Leeds was disallowed it looked like he wasn't going to have much luck. Since he got on the scoresheet he hasn't looked back.

He's been more solid than spectacular but he has been our biggest success in the transfer market all things considered,

The only worry is that he had a good goals to game ratio with Leipzig and then did nothing on his return. Also when it comes to loans to permanent there's a Waghorn for every Tielemans.

I'd say he's keen to sign up though. It might be as good as he could hope for at this stage,

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Mahrez's snake charmer left foot is unique in world football so we will never replicate that. If we keep looking, we will keep failing its well past the time to move on.

....this is not a cry for a Mahrez clone!!!

I believe there are players out there with the talent to play on our Right Wing who would add a tremendous value to the team. You do not have to have another Mahrez to do that. I do not compare Right Wingers to Mahrez, it is a pointless exercise, but there are quality players out there we choose to overlook or they might not see their future here.

We just need to bring a genuine player here.

17 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

well if they play well then you’d consider that fighting for their place no? he’s played well and as Brendan has done with many in the past, he’s made him a bit of a fall guy. there are certain players who can have  half a bad game and be dropped completely then there are ones who can consistently be bad and still get opportunities. 

There’s always been a Brendan bias with certain players. Maybe it’s because he’s on loan, i’m not really sure but on 2 occasions he’s come in made a huge impact had a short run and the second he doesn’t have a great game he’s back out again. 

i think it was after the run of games at xmas brendan was asked about signing him, he said first he needs to get to double figures then we will look at it. seemed a great motivation for the player but since that moment he essentially just had minutes from the bench. 

Fair enough and good points.

17 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Pretty sure if BR asked to sign tomorrow, Lookman would have his pen out in a flash.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1