Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, for the fee being bandied about (£15m), he's a no brainer. Won't ever be that right winger that we want but he's a very good squad option. 

When you compare him to Vesty it feels like daylight robbery :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Nacho scores goals out of nothing and can often create very little.

Lookman gets into promising crossing/shooting positions at least 5/6 times a game and somehow fluffs them 99% of the time. I don't understand it.

If Lookman had even semi-consistent end product he'd have 50+ goal contributions a season.

Very harsh on Lookman who is a wide player who creates good opportunities for the team. He scored with a good finish and in general his shots tend to always be aimed between the posts and below the crossbar, something which most of our other players can’t seem to be able to do. 

• Like 1

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Very harsh on Lookman who is a wide player who creates good opportunities for the team. He scored with a good finish and in general his shots tend to always be aimed between the posts and below the crossbar, something which most of our other players can’t seem to be able to do. 

It's a testament to how many good positions he gets into. Even tonight he could have had a hattrick and maybe an assist. If we somehow fluke a consisten season out of him he'll be off to a champions league club for big money.

I mean these posts as a compliment to what he brings to the team, even if they don't sound that way lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Quite simply the most impressive player at getting into promising positions and squandering them I've seen in a while.

Thank got Mancini put that in, because Lookman would have conspired to miss it lol

I've never been so impressed and perplexed by a player in my life.

....very much a frustrating player!!!

I said before that he should be an assist machine, for the positions he gets into, and yet squander so many opportunities by poor decisions and finishing.

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....very much a frustrating player!!!

I said before that he should be an assist machine, for the positions he gets into, and yet squander so many opportunities by poor decisions and finishing.

He’s far less a frustrating player than Harvey Barnes (who I still like btw.) He retains possession so much better. Got some excellent dribbling skills and worries defenders. I don’t see the same poor finishing and poor decision making that you seem to be seeing. I think he’s a good finisher, certainly hits it on target more times than Barnsey. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Was it I thought he got the last touch even after replays I stand corrected . 

Watch the replay again. Lookman is behind the defender and it hits the defender right in the middle of the leg, Lookman is nowhere near it. It’s not like Schmeichel vs Yeovil and “Lookman’s goal in our hearts”, it’s very clearly an own goal.

Lookman did well to force the defender into that desperate lunge though.

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Watch the replay again. Lookman is behind the defender and it hits the defender right in the middle of the leg, Lookman is nowhere near it. It’s not like Schmeichel vs Yeovil and “Lookman’s goal in our hearts”, it’s very clearly an own goal.

Lookman did well to force the defender into that desperate lunge though.

I feel like Barnes probably deserves more credit that Lookman on this one haha

Why has the club not sorted this out yet? Lookman needs to be signed now while we can get a good deal. If wait until summer and other offers come in from the likes of villa and newcastle then he will go elsewhere. He deserves us and we deserve him - period.

40 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Why has the club not sorted this out yet? Lookman needs to be signed now while we can get a good deal. If wait until summer and other offers come in from the likes of villa and newcastle then he will go elsewhere. He deserves us and we deserve him - period.

....Lookman is a very lively player, quick, busy feet and always look to threaten the opposition!!!

He is just a touch from being a £30-40m player, his shortfall is decision making and finishing. I feel that due to no monetary value being assigned to him at present, he has not received the derision of the fanbase meted out to players not delivering. I would love him to come good and improve, as I think we could have a player with an outrageous assist record, he really could be that good, he just lets himself down too often at the crucial moment.

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

We have an option to buy for £15m, I think....

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Agreeing a fee with Leipzig if we don't have one set in the existing loan deal.  

18 hours ago, Scotch said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, for the fee being bandied about (£15m), he's a no brainer. Won't ever be that right winger that we want but he's a very good squad option. 

Unfortunately, 15m has been a bit too much for us to just lump on a squad player over the last few years. 

If we lump 15m on Lookman this summer I'd bet quite heavily that he's the only winger we sign. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Unfortunately, 15m has been a bit too much for us to just lump on a squad player over the last few years. 

If we lump 15m on Lookman this summer I'd bet quite heavily that he's the only winger we sign. 

We "lumped " 15 million on that bag of shite Vestergaard. so don't tell me the club cant afford Lookman.:dunno:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

We "lumped " 15 million on that bag of shite Vestergaard. so don't tell me the club cant afford Lookman.:dunno:

We had no choice - and to be honest, I think it proves my point. 

We were heavily linked to Madueke, Berardi and other forward players in the 30-40m bracket. Then Wes gets done and we have to panic buy Vestergaard. 

So now we don't sign a forward and we loan one instead. 

🤷

With so many gaps to plug this summer, the only way I see us signing Lookman is if he is "it." That or we extend his loan for a second season which is extremely rare in England but not an uncommon practice abroad. 

• Like 1