Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Unfortunately, 15m has been a bit too much for us to just lump on a squad player over the last few years. 

If we lump 15m on Lookman this summer I'd bet quite heavily that he's the only winger we sign. 

This is the caveat and why I've not for the most part gone mad about it. I would like him permanently, I genuinely think he's quite good, but we need some real quality on the right wing - it's not even his main position.

Depends who is sold really. I'm thinking this summer may be a little different to previous ones in that we're likely to take a bit more money in than usual.

I'd be disappointed if it was Lookman and Lookman only but not totally shocked by it either.

We have two problems with him. He's not as effective on the right as the left and Harvey is blocking his way on the left wing.

I suspect Beradi is our main target for the right winger which could be the end for Lookman here.

But that's Football, No sentiment for anyone if you want to be sucessful.

Unfortunately, 15m has been a bit too much for us to just lump on a squad player over the last few years. 

If we lump 15m on Lookman this summer I'd bet quite heavily that he's the only winger we sign. 

I’m thinking this as well.

I keep hearing people say “£15m won’t break the bank”, but we spent £55mil last summer and could well be less this summer with having to reduce our wage bill for the new rules in.

£15mil could well be a good chunk of our budget and likely means we won’t sign another winger.

He’s a very erratic player, good at times, bad at times.

He might be worth it as a squad player for £15mil if we were spending what we could 2 or 3 seasons ago when we had the Maguire, Mahrez and Chilwell money. I really don’t think it’s worth it right now though. Would rather us spend £30mil or something in trying our hand at another winger as our main summer signing.

Edited by Sampson

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Our net spend will be zero this summer so 15m will be a big ask for a squad player. 

Much depends on how much we raise with sales. 

zero??? I thought wed at least get the usual 20. 

How do the club expect to catch up with a net spend of zero?

On 29/04/2022 at 17:13, PAPA LAZAROU said:

We "lumped " 15 million on that bag of shite Vestergaard. so don't tell me the club cant afford Lookman.:dunno:

Talking about Vestergaard if he was only half the defender Little Wes Is then with his height Abraham would never have scored that bloody soft goal !!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Talking about Vestergaard if he was only half the defender Little Wes Is then with his height Abraham would never have scored that bloody soft goal !!

Or we could’ve just put Fofana on him and he wouldn’t have scored. Wes can attack a ball as good as anyone.

• Like 1