Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

30 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He should take Perez's spot, Barnes on one side Lookman on the other the defensives will be terrified

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Lets just hope he hits the ground running because we need a lift after the last 2 games. Will he play on the left or right. ?

He predominantly plays, suited to and is at his best on the left. It's the cover for Barnes that Brendan stated he was after. Pérez will still start on the right, unless Ricardo is played in a more advanced role in front of Castagne - which I suspect Brendan is interested in doing. Albrighton will continue as an impact substitution or cover. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Any ideas what the buy option is? 

Praet out and Lookman in gas at least given our squad a more balanced feel to it. Even if it’s not the Top quality RW we were dreaming of. 

it’s an option written into the contract where you can buy them if you want to.

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Watch him smash it this season before we snap him up on the cheap next Summer. Good feeling about this one

Hopefully he smashes it for more than just this season (if we really hold the option to buy).

He smashed it up for one season on loan at RB Leipzig and then went downhill after signing permanently.

Good luck Ademola.

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

He predominantly plays, suited to and is at his best on the left. It's the cover for Barnes that Brendan stated he was after. Pérez will still start on the right, unless Ricardo is played in a more advanced role in front of Castagne - which I suspect Brendan is interested in doing. Albrighton will continue as an impact substitution or cover. 

We also have JJ coming back soon who can play on both sides.  Brendan is surely going to have a serious problem deciding who plays where.

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

it’s an option written into the contract where you can buy them if you want to.

Haha sorry thanks should’ve been clearer, I meant in terms of the amount?

Think there was previously haggling over a fee between LCFC and Leipzig, so wasn’t sure if we knew what sort of figure has been decided 

Just now, Clever Fox said:

We also have JJ coming back soon who can play on both sides.  Brendan is surely going to have a serious problem deciding who plays where.

Justin will likely be deployed as left back or left wing back behind Barnes - but can also fulfil a more advanced role or slot in anywhere across the back. Much will depend on our current crisis in central defence - and we also have Thomas and Bertrand as LB. It remains to be seen how quickly James is able to return to full match fitness once back in training and whether the return injury has initially affected his game as it seemed to with Ricardo.

Lookman is cover for Barnes. Expect Pérez to continue on the right once back from suspension. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Line-X said:

😩

57 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He should take Perez's spot, Barnes on one side Lookman on the other the defensives will be terrified

We will see how it pans out.  He usually likes to play on the left, so playing him on the right means we will be playing him where he's less comfortable. 

• Like 1

Amazing little player, so under-rated.

He was playing with some shocking players at Fulham last season but every time I saw him he looked high quality and way too good for them. 

For someone relatively short, he is strong, extremely fast and I hope the plan is to get him trained as a right sided player in a front three as that will improve the team. I`ll put money on this guy coming through to a level that will make us look back and think this is another amazing deal by the decision makers.