Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ademola Lookman signs on loan

34 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Meh, underwhelmed, assume he was the cheap, easy option. 

Having said that he’s very quick, will most likely suit our system and is a fantastic opportunity for him. Hopefully he grasps it with both hands. Best of luck Ademola 👍

Quite an assumption it was cheap and easy. We simply don’t know what options we exhausted. We do know we looked at Dan James and that would have been £30 million. 

I’d say it was least risk deal probably open to us 

• Like 1

Encouraged watching some of those clips of him. Looks like he will be competition for Harvey but he clearly has the ability to play down the right as well. If Rodgers can help him find some consistency, could be a very shrewd signing. Looks progressive with the ball as well, which we lack at times without Barnes on form. If we can get him, Harvey and Soumare in the same side, might help get us up the pitch a bit quicker 

• Like 2

A few years ago there were people on here who wrote Danny Ings off as a potential “meh”

signing. 

We’ve signed a decent player. Last year at Fulham showed that. He needs development and we’ve got the perfect coaching staff for that. 

Let him have six months before writing him off eh. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Quite an assumption it was cheap and easy. We simply don’t know what options we exhausted. We do know we looked at Dan James and that would have been £30 million. 

I’d say it was least risk deal probably open to us 

Also the cheapest presumably

I don’t think any of us can kid ourselves that this was our target for RW all window. He’s a stop gap, as usual. However he does have potential, he is rapid and does have Premier League experience. Did well at Fulham. It’s not like signing Noni or Beradi, but hopefully he will surprise us. Lord knows we’re due a change of fortune on the RW - although he’ll probably only ever play on the left 🤣

Edited by ARM1968

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Official, Ademola Lookman has signed on loan

Saw his pose and this instantly this came to mind 😂🤣 

image.thumb.jpeg.0a80a20da3ba52af6c3e951b1f271a87.jpeg

Seriously though good luck to the lad let’s hope he rips it up 💙💙

Edited by darko2k7

34 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Also the cheapest presumably

How? Just because it’s late doesn’t mean it’s cheapest option available. It means it was one of the only options available at a fair price. 

I can tell you know there was a preference for an English player because of the squad quotas. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

How? Just because it’s late doesn’t mean it’s cheapest option available. It means it was one of the only options available at a fair price. 

I can tell you know there was a preference for an English player because of the squad quotas. 

Educated guess. Other options were being quoted as 20million upwards. 

Have to say i'm not really that excited by this. But I do have a gut feeling that he will be a bit of a bright spark and come good under BR. Question is though can he play on the right? as far as I saw he was a Left Winger, Has he played RW anywhere?

Would like to hear more about the option to buy. Could be quite cheap. 

Welcome Ademola. Got a bit about him has this kid, by no means exceptional but could improve significantly here. This is where Rodgers has the capacity to turn a rough around the edges Flair player in to a machine.

I'm questioning whether it's fair to expect him to be brilliant on the right but at the very least we've a genuine alternative to Barnes and I'm still waiting for Justin to be back and Ridgers shit it and stick Ricardo RW.

People moaning about Demarai Gray's renaissance is worth nothing that Benitez is playing him behind the striker with Richarlison wide left and Townsend or Iwobi wide right. Maybe just maybe us putting Lookman in a different role to where he's built an OK but nothing special career could see new gains, it does happen. Not that I particularly gain any immediate confidence when players are recruited to play a position that's not their favoured gig. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing him, he ripped us apart at our gaff last season. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Golden Fox said:

All sounds promising, but anyone know why Leipzig are so keen to offload him?

They loaned him out last year and he couldn't do any more than prove himself at Premier League level, so why are they not giving him a chance? 

They don't really play with put and out wingers, play more of a 4-2-2-2 system if I recall, or is that Salzburg? Either way there's not been many wingers do well there. Even Forsberg is more of an ACM like Sabitzer and Olmo.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They don't really play with put and out wingers, play more of a 4-2-2-2 system if I recall, or is that Salzburg? Either way there's not been many wingers do well there. Even Forsberg is more of an ACM like Sabitzer and Olmo.

Pleased to see you alive & well Ric despite the trauma of DD :) 

• Haha 1